Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Whats ur favorite brand of yarn or type? (Knit & Crochet) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whats ur faved type of yarn for prodjects?
  worsted weight
  wool (or wool blends)
  alpaca (not sure I spelt that right)
  acrylic
  anything wierd and funky (hip notch)
  cashmiere
  rabbit fur yarn (forgot the name for rabbit yarn)
  micron fiber
View Results

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:16 pm
What they're faved favorite type or brand name of yarn (/string) is?
=^-^=
@u u
*kitty*

Hey, I know that everybody has there faved yarn or string that they luv to use for prodjects or brand names that they would always tell of other crafters about. So I decided to ask everybody to tell...

What they're faved favorite type or brand name of yarn (/string) is?

*And when u post up ur faved type or brand name, high light it or make it stand out in ur post so we don't have to search through the entire post to find the name.*

I think this will help out any noobs out and help others find out what they're missing out on! xd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:25 pm
Im faved Brand name is:
Lion Brand
They have a huge selection of many different types of fibers in stock, and they're yarn is almost everywhere. I never have to worry about finding myself a skien of anything from Lion Brand, just in case I didn't buy enough for a prodject.  

NightRainSpirit

Naialyn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:46 pm
ALPACA!!

No particular brand, but I just love the way it feels. It's so incredibly soft. At a yarn store in Palm Springs I bought 10 150g hanks of it. Sooo soft....  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:49 pm
I don't really have a fav brand...but I do like lion.
its nice, and more to the cheep side than others. sweatdrop  

Lee Kushrenada

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:01 pm
I like a yarn called "Extra" that's distributed by Needful Yarns. It's 100% merino wool which is my absolute favorite fiber and it doesn't pill. I made my husband a hat and after a year of male-abuse, it still looks brand new. My second favorite is Louet Sales Gems line. More merino wool, but this time it's superwash. *swoon*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:59 pm
I've mostly used Red Heart brand so far. I really like it.  

Fenhir Noble

firrantello

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:55 pm
Fenhir Noble
i've never liked red heart until i found their "soft" line. that stuff is nice smile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:40 am
firrantello
Fenhir Noble
i've never liked red heart until i found their "soft" line. that stuff is nice smile

I'm making an entire scarf with black and whiter 'soft' yarn. heart  

Fenhir Noble

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:19 am
Naialyn
ALPACA!!

No particular brand, but I just love the way it feels. It's so incredibly soft. At a yarn store in Palm Springs I bought 10 150g hanks of it. Sooo soft....

OMG! I need to get my hands on some alpacca! I luv the way it feels and how unthick it is, but really warm.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:53 am
I like the animal protein fibers - alpaca, wool, angora, mohair, cashmere, camel, silk, etc. Wool is probably my favorite to work with, since there's such a variety in crimp and micron count available. Alpaca is wonderfully lux, but doesn't have much memory, so I prefer to use it blended with wool and maybe some silk for sheen and to cool it down some. As far as commercial yarns go, I actually like the home brands of KnitPicks and Elann, Elann's baby silk is especially delicious, I'm making a lace shawl of it (70% baby alpaca, 30% silk, very little crimp so it'll block well). FleeceArtist also makes a hell of a yarn, though it's too pricey for most projects, so things that can be made with one skein do well with it.  

Zahra Ovaci

bunnehdeo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:59 pm
I'd have to say my favotite brand would be Bernat....I like funky & acrylic yarns to...I also realy like lace weight yarns  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:10 am
I love going to my LYS and getting handspun wool. I just love it.

Unfortunatly, I love expensive stuff. sweatdrop

As far as cheap acrylic yarn goes, I love Caron simply soft. They have a chunkier simply soft now too.

I love it, because it's only like $1.50 a skein. Cheap = good since I have a knitting addiction.

Alyce Witch

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:21 am
Alyce Witch
I love going to my LYS and getting handspun wool. I just love it.

Unfortunatly, I love expensive stuff. sweatdrop

As far as cheap acrylic yarn goes, I love Caron simply soft. They have a chunkier simply soft now too.

I love it, because it's only like $1.50 a skein. Cheap = good since I have a knitting addiction.

I totally agree with u! Any good yarn that is a $ or some odd since and is great for prodjects is always a good buy.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:44 pm
I'm pretty much in love with pink fuzzy yarn.  

[ the.knitting.ninja ]

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:50 pm
[ the.knitting.ninja ]
I'm pretty much in love with pink fuzzy yarn.
My older sisters all agree with u!
whee  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas