Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
A favor to ask. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guitarhero356

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:16 pm
Ok, I decided to search for truth today, find out what Higher being I should serve. This brings up my favor to ask. I want to know your experiences working with Venus/Aphrodite, not what history says, your expereiences with her.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:48 pm
If I recall, Nihl had a bad/interesting experience with her that might be amusing.  

Jameta
Captain

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:09 pm
Jameta
If I recall, Nihl had a bad/interesting experience with her that might be amusing.

I remember him telling me about that...They had an argument or something where they just called each other names.

But, I know he's had more tiffs with her than that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:14 pm
Having never worked with Venus, except for once during a spell which failed, I really can't say much about her... I work with two God(desse)s. Eros and Eris.

Do you feel connected with her? Or are you just curious? My advice is to really think hard about what God or Goddess might have something to teach you... At least, when they call to me, its because they have a lesson to give about whats going on in my life... Dionysus was with me up until just before I turned 18... And then Eros took his place. And Eris came to me when I had a scare with pregnancy... And helped me through until I found out I wasn't. And she stayed with me, to help with the bad things that happen... And now I just don't care... I wouldn't say I'm apathetic, but I know Eris is there to ease the pain, and things could have been worse.

You could serve any God you want... I serve who ever calls to me. Do some research into different Pantheons, too, don't just stick with one or two, like I do (only because none of the other Pantheons have Gods who've ever called for me. Norse and Greek are the only two who have Gods I've called Patron or Matron).

Winter Black
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:55 pm
Guitarhero356
Ok, I decided to search for truth today, find out what Higher being I should serve. This brings up my favor to ask. I want to know your experiences working with Venus/Aphrodite, not what history says, your expereiences with her.
You want my advice? Don't. Go find another love goddess, there are tons.

http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/index.php?_search-results=Y&name=&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0&pantheon=&sex=&godof=&keyw=Love

There you go, tons of love deities.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:56 pm
Kabuki Doll
Jameta

I remember him telling me about that...They had an argument or something where they just called each other names.

At least the Morrigan didn't like Aphrodite either...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:00 pm
And if you need a deity directly associated with the planet Venus, here you go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus#Venus_in_human_culture  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:18 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Kabuki Doll
Jameta

Well, I wouldn't think they would get along, being of different pantheons and all. I've found it to be wise to not mix pantheons in ritual. Otherwise it can get messy.

To answer the OP, Aphrodite, in my experience, is a wonderful goddess who is very approachable and who truly cares for her devotees. She can be very demanding, but I really don't mind. Honestly, her blessings are so wonderful that I feel that she's actually being modest. Though, I admit that my good experiences with her are rooted in my long-standing exclusively Hellenic path. I approach the Gods with respect and reverence, and I view them as beings entirely greater than myself who are absolutely worthy of worship simply for existing. I don't view them as colleagues or friends. They're simply too far above me, even when they're very near. And I think they appreciate that, as it corresponds more closely to the worship dynamics of ancient Greece.

Also, in approaching Her, or any God, really, make sure you do quite a bit of research. I've also found it beneficial to recreate ancient Hellenic ritual structure, though not absolutely necessary.

Edit: Actually, after searching through some of the OP's other posts in this forum, I thought it might be helpful to elaborate on a few things. First, Aphrodite, while being an extremely gracious deity, does not appreciate being used, disrespected, or treated in any way not appreciative of her high status. Her reactions to such an offense can range from simply voicing her feelings to absolutely ruining someone's life. While the seriousness of her response is usually proportional to the grievousness of the offense, this isn't always true. She can be temperamental, and the best thing to do is simply not approach her without true reverent intent.  

midara the happy banshee

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:43 pm
midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph
Kabuki Doll
Jameta

Well, I wouldn't think they would get along, being of different pantheons and all. I've found it to be wise to not mix pantheons in ritual. Otherwise it can get messy.

...treated in any way not appreciative of her high status.
I think that was probably the main reason I don't get along with Her. I tend to see the Gods in a more familiar light as I see Them as part of us, and so when working with Them, I will certianly respect the deity that I'm working with, but I tend not to put Them on a pedestal, like it seems Aphrodite would want.

My apologies if a negative tone is coming through, but I really don't like Her.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:46 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph
Kabuki Doll
Jameta

I think that was probably the main reason I don't get along with Her. I tend to see the Gods in a more familiar light as I see Them as part of us, and so when working with Them, I will certianly respect the deity that I'm working with, but I tend not to put Them on a pedestal, like it seems Aphrodite would want.

Out of curiosity, do you get along well with many of the other Hellenic gods? From my experience, most of them have that sort of attitude, mostly because such an attitude was traditional in ancient Greece. However, I will admit that Aphrodite seems to be one of the more stringent deities in that respect.  

midara the happy banshee

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:50 pm
midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph
Kabuki Doll
Jameta

I dunno- Jesus and Raven get along fine.

I do believe that, as with people, it depends on personality and willing to tolerate others.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:53 pm
Jameta
midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph
Kabuki Doll
Jameta

I do believe that, as with people, it depends on personality and willing to tolerate others.

You're right. I'm just a little scarred by my past stupidity, so I tend to avoid it altogether. But this clash can happen in even within pantheons. I think most Hellenists can tell you not to invoke Artemis and Aphrodite together. *shudders*  

midara the happy banshee

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:05 pm
midara the happy banshee
Jameta
midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph
Kabuki Doll
Jameta

You're right. I'm just a little scarred by my past stupidity, so I tend to avoid it altogether. But this clash can happen in even within pantheons. I think most Hellenists can tell you not to invoke Artemis and Aphrodite together. *shudders*
I'm not even an Hellenist and I know that's bad juju! gonk

Actually, I could see Aphrodite not getting along with most of the other female deities. Hestia and Demeter might tolerate her, but I can also see Hera and Athena being easily irritated with her (our Aphrodite becoming irritated with them).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:45 am
Actually it went furter than that, apparently i've had her blessings for a while, yesterday I sat down and talked to her, I got some questions answered, and I found something that wroks for me, I mean people don't have to understand it.

I mean, since that choice i've been relaxed more so than usual and people pick up on that. Plus, she even works with the creator indirectly, or Jesus, or however you want to say that. I mean she's friends with the archangel Haniel.

But what really helped me make up my mind is that she's gone out of her way even if discreetly to get me to follow her again, she was the one that sent Julia to me, and from there it was just a bunch of investigating that led up to this.

So pretty much yes I have found a Goddess to follow.  

Guitarhero356

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:07 am
midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph
midara the happy banshee
Nihilistic Seraph
Kabuki Doll
Jameta

Out of curiosity, do you get along well with many of the other Hellenic gods? From my experience, most of them have that sort of attitude, mostly because such an attitude was traditional in ancient Greece. However, I will admit that Aphrodite seems to be one of the more stringent deities in that respect.
I can't say, as I've never really worked with any of the Hellenic deities before. I got a lesson from Poseidon once when I was in the water, and I've felt a draw towards Nyx for quite some time, but I've only heavily worked with Celtic and Egyptian pantheons. (the Morrigan and Thoth)  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff