Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Kitty hats... oh dear! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iyou

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:32 pm
I just wanted to show these off since they're my first really big crafting project that I'm proud of. whee

It's a bunch of kitty-style hats made out of fleece, in various colors. Right now, I've only got black, white, and pink. (Oh, but I love the white ones... they're so soft! It's a slightly different kind of fleece than the black and pink ones.) I decided to start making them to earn a little cash on the side, but right now breaking even has been a little difficult because all the people I've sold to so far have been friends/family, and I feel compelled to cut them deals. xD; Haha, I'm such a horrible businessperson.

User Image

User Image

Face edited for oogliness! And to keep the focus on the hat. ninja

I've been thinking of making different kinds of ear types to broaden my horizons a little... like bunny, puppy, devil horns, etc. But so far I have to admit that the little kitty ears are so cute that I can't bear to put anything else on the hats yet. (Plus I'd have to alter the cutting layout on my fabric... I can get good kitty ears out of surprisingly small scraps!)

Just thought I'd mention that I'm selling these here, in case anyone's interested. And if anyone is looking for an online venue to sell their hand-made stuff on, Etsy is definitely a nice option. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:17 pm
Well, gosh, THOSE are cute!  

Catcheen
Crew

NightRainSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:20 am
I think I have already seen ur hats some where, u where showing them off some place. I liked them then....and I still really luv those hats now.
=^-^=  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:23 pm
Iyou
Just thought I'd mention that I'm selling these here, in case anyone's interested. And if anyone is looking for an online venue to sell their hand-made stuff on, Etsy is definitely a nice option. 3nodding
heart love for etsy heart
you know what might be a nice little touch on those is to paint/whatever the "inside of the ear" a different color... little pink triangle for example on the black or white.
also, if you made a fox one... i think i would love you forever and quite possibly buy one 4laugh

firrantello

Iyou

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:56 pm
Thanks for the comments, everyone! whee

I just recently got some more fleece, including some stuff that my local Joann's labeled as scrap. (Hey, at least it's better than dumpster-diving!) The colors include red, navy blue, and this really obnoxious lime green color that I thought was too funny to pass up. xd I don't really know what I'm gonna do with lime green fleece, but... it was cheap, right?

I don't know about any other Joann's stores, but lately my local one has been putting fleece solids and such on sale. Happy happy me. heart I am fleece queen, hear me roar.

I'm thinking of using the red and the already existing white fleece I have to make a hat that looks like half of a pokeball. If someone ever wore it, they'd probably get the crap beaten out of them, though. xd Maybe not if they were at an anime convention or something, but... it's still pretty iffy!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:34 pm
those are too cute!!! heart  

crashingplanet99

switchblade12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:16 pm
wow,i love kitty stuff,those are cute.
blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:31 pm
I agree with firrantello.. If you made a Fox one, I'd have to find a way to buy it. And one of my friends too. She'd love it.

They are so cute. ^_^  

Kitanya_Rose

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:48 am
Too too cute. Way better than the knitted kitty hat I made last winter. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:37 pm
You could make an alien hat with the lime green fleece. Or Gir, from Invader Zim. smile

They're adorable hats, though!  

wingedorange

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:50 pm
They are very cute. And they look super warm too!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:56 pm
They are so cute but I have a question how did you make the base of the hat?  

Yume Yokohama

Bashful Giver

drunken goddess

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:24 pm
those are soooo cute. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:29 am
they look nice, is ther a way to knit them?  

Kanhoro

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:12 pm
Kanhoro
they look nice, is ther a way to knit them?

for one those are crazy cool hats!
and yes you can make knitted kitty hats easy.
just knit your basic hat, and then pick up some stiches (on mine I think I added like 14 or so) and then knit and DC as you go up.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff