Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Spirit guides? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BrittyKitty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:30 pm
Hey, I'm new here. Just a bit about myself real quick in case you were wondering: I'm 19 and attending Iowa State University, I'm double majoring in Environmental Studies and Animal Ecology. I hope to work on the Red Panda Conservation program in the future. biggrin I've been slowly learning about Wicca/Paganism over the past four or five years. I'd mostly call myself spiritual, interested in honoring the earth and creatures that live on it.

Anyway, my question is about spirit guides. I often see out of the corner of my eye or with just a quick glance a large black cat. Once I've looked in whichever direction it appeared more closely its gone. Sometimes I feel like there's something there with me. It honestly reminds me of my old cat that died a few years ago.

What are your thoughts and/or experiences with spirit guides? What do you think of my shadow kitty?

heart  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:47 am
BrittyKitty
Hey, I'm new here. Just a bit about myself real quick in case you were wondering: I'm 19 and attending Iowa State University, I'm double majoring in Environmental Studies and Animal Ecology. I hope to work on the Red Panda Conservation program in the future. biggrin I've been slowly learning about Wicca/Paganism over the past four or five years. I'd mostly call myself spiritual, interested in honoring the earth and creatures that live on it.

Anyway, my question is about spirit guides. I often see out of the corner of my eye or with just a quick glance a large black cat. Once I've looked in whichever direction it appeared more closely its gone. Sometimes I feel like there's something there with me. It honestly reminds me of my old cat that died a few years ago.

What are your thoughts and/or experiences with spirit guides? What do you think of my shadow kitty?

heart
I don't mean to smash you rainbow but that mostlikly isn't your spirit guide. If it is metaphysical then its a spirt that is following you. i had a tiger spirit that did that once, to a point it was great but i never thought to ask her if she was my spirit guide and when i did i found out she wasn't sweatdrop so if any way when you see her/he/it next time call out to it with you mind and wait for a reply. if you don't hear some thing don't get discuraged it might not be a spirt that wants to talk to you or maybe its not ready yet just keep trying! biggrin  

MOD66

Creepy Albino Fish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:58 am
You should ask what it has to tell you, that way you have no guesswork. Perhaps meditate and summon it. It also could be the spirit of your cat. But definitly check it out. It wouldn't be hanging around for no reason.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:40 am
BrittyKitty

heart
Spirit guides are different for each person, so the cat may or may not be the guide. As noted, you should try meditating upon the matter, focusing on the images you've seen and calling out to it mentally, asking questions like, "Who are you?" It may take some sessions to get an answer, but that should clarify things.

I, myself, have not really had the opportunity (or haven't taken it sweatdrop ) to really explore the possibility of having a guide or the like of my own. Most of my experience comes from things making themselves presence on their own... typically dead relatives and deities. xd  

Jameta
Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:55 am
Everyone is focusing on this cat bing a spirit guide, but has anyone considered that it may be BrittyKitty's dearly departed pet?

Britty, welcome to the guild. wink If this cat reminds you of your old cat, that may be something to look into. Some times, our pets stay close after they pass for a while. In my first year of university, I lost a very loved black lab, and I was devistated. The next year at Samhain, I returned home from a class to find a photo, laying face down on the floor in the exact center of my doorway; when I picked it up, it was a picture of my Bear that had been on the mirror. The only time in what was to become four years that it ever fell. When I picked up the picture, I was hit overwhelmingly by his presence; he had come to say goodbye almost 11 months after his passing.

Maybe your kitty is sticking around for a while to keep an eye on you?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:18 am
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! I said it was a possibility, and that she needed to meditate on the matter to find out! stressed  

Jameta
Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:27 am
Jameta
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! I said it was a possibility, and that she needed to meditate on the matter to find out! stressed

*cowers from Jammeh*

Eeep! Sorry!
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:35 am
Gypsy Blue
Jameta

*cowers from Jammeh*

Eeep! Sorry!
sweatdrop
S'okay, I still love you. heart  

Jameta
Captain

MOD66

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:33 pm
Gypsy Blue
Everyone is focusing on this cat bing a spirit guide, but has anyone considered that it may be BrittyKitty's dearly departed pet?

uhem
Twack
I don't mean to smash you rainbow but that mostlikly isn't your spirit guide.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:22 am
well it really could be either your spirit guid or your dearly departed kitty or just you seeing things. Im not sure on spirit guids i have only recently learned of mine through meditation hes a large grey wolf and he picked out a better spot for me to visualize when i meditate and got me to almost astal project but my b/f came in and broke my concentration. But anyways i dont think that for the most part spirit guids show up in the physical plane though i could be lieing compleatly but i dont hear much about it mostly astral or when your meditating.  

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100

Feryal Riska

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:08 pm
I would go with what Jameta said to either rule out something or find something out, but for the spirit of a deceased pet... My cat was run over by the movers a few years ago, and out of the corner of my eyes, I see her darting around. Or a shadow that looks remarkably like her. So, it could be reasonably either!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:54 pm
im not sure that i have a spirit guide... at least not one in the form of an animal...although i do have a beautiful women that seems to like to sit and watch me ....especially when im playing sports ...its really quite odd  

Braeden_attwood

MonkoftheEvilHand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:51 pm
I agree that you should try meditating on the cat. I have recently discovered, recently being about a year ago, that I indeed have a spirit guide. It took me several months to find out, i eventually sat down in a dim room, and focused on the images and sightings i was having. After what seemed like several hours, i have a full conversation with my guide, which turned out to be a grey wolf. So, I would have to recommend meditating or summoning this cat, and questioning its motives.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:33 pm
I dont think that was your spirit guide either. People have different methods for finding and contacting their spirit guides. I first contacted mine through meditation and similar practices. His name is Sam. But thats not the point. Im not saying your spirit guide absolutely cant be an animal. But I am saying I've never heard of it before. Maybe you should meditate on it, or do what you think you should do to find out who your guide is..  

Kakure Basho

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces