Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Higher screen resolution? O_o

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Newly Appointed Secretary

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:31 pm
Right, so I recently uninstalled my Sims 2 game, because I wanted to start over. ((Don't ask.))

However, I had backup files, because I didn't feel like spending weeks to months remaking everything. So basically, I'll still have my sims and houses......I'll just have to start their little "stories" over again.

Anyway, when I uninstalled and re-installed, I noticed the screen looked different ((I got a new graphics card)). Usually, I played with a 800 x whatever, I forget the numbers. sweatdrop

But now it's the higher screen. ((By default))

Now, I switched it back to the 800, and noticed the game ((mainly the opening movie)) being alittle choppy. However, I think the 800 screen would improve game performance.

I haven't really played with the higher screen before, so I was just wondering if playing with the higher screen makes the game slow down more, or improves the game.

And for some reason, when the higher screen was the default, the opening movie ran smoothly.

So, will playing with the higher screen improve my game performance, or should I stick to the lower screen?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:31 am
♠ The monitor has absolutely nothing to do with the CPU itself. What you did was blow up the frames (not explosion style, but magnify style xp ) er... ******** up the frames... and by doing that, the game has to work harder to keep in order- so what you should do is to change the game resolution to it's normal settings on your new monitor since it doesn't do anything at all and the game doesn't have choppy frames. ♠

EDIT: play as the monitor and the graphics card's natural resolution, basicly  

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:04 pm
Evil_Twin_V1.337
♠ The monitor has absolutely nothing to do with the CPU itself. What you did was blow up the frames (not explosion style, but magnify style xp ) er... ******** up the frames... and by doing that, the game has to work harder to keep in order- so what you should do is to change the game resolution to it's normal settings on your new monitor since it doesn't do anything at all and the game doesn't have choppy frames. ♠

Ok, so basically, you're saying to play with the higher resolution, correct?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:42 pm
Evil_Twin_V1.337

Ok, so basically, you're saying to play with the higher resolution, correct?
♠ Correct. ♠  

Zwiebelsaft!

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces