Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Other Randomness :.
Other Shojo Titles(not Shojo beat) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K.i.s.a.r.a.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:39 am
This thread is dediticated to other Shojo titles like Sailormoon,KamiKaze Kaito Jeanne, Wedding Peach, Etc.

My all time Favorite is Sailormoon! That is an anime that you can't beat^^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:42 am
Sailor Moon's a classic! I think the majority of girls who got into anime/manga can say Sailor Moon started it all.

I love Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne...The whole fantasy aspect, romance, and action are wonderful. Plus Maron reminds me a little of myself [personality and parent wise] so that definitely adds a bonus.

Jasmic

Shy Phantom

K.i.s.a.r.a.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:46 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
Sailor Moon's a classic! I think the majority of girls who got into anime/manga can say Sailor Moon started it all.

I love Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne...The whole fantasy aspect, romance, and action are wonderful. Plus Maron reminds me a little of myself [personality and parent wise] so that definitely adds a bonus.
Yeah!^^ I put it in here because it didn't really fit with anything else  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:28 pm
Who doesn't love Sailor Moon? Most people have probably watched it at least once.

Fruits Basket is one of my favorites. ^.^ It starts out light-hearted, but grows into seriousness. I like that in a manga, because if it starts out serious, I am put off. If it stays only funny and happy, it is boring. Plus, there is the romance aspect everyone loves. ^.^

Exiled Revolutionary

Jasmic

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:05 pm
Furuba is gonna be a classic...

The thing I always loved most about it that made me keep buying it was the quotes. It could be so funny and light-hearted, but there was a tragic aspect it. One of my absolute favorite quotes is when Momiji says, "I want to believe there's no such thing as a memory that's okay to forget."

Gah, I need to go out and get volume 14 already!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:41 pm
yeah momoji is my fav  

K.i.s.a.r.a.

onigiri_riceball

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:04 pm
Of course Fruits Basket comes instantly to mind. An great series.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:24 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
Furuba is gonna be a classic...

The thing I always loved most about it that made me keep buying it was the quotes. It could be so funny and light-hearted, but there was a tragic aspect it. One of my absolute favorite quotes is when Momiji says, "I want to believe there's no such thing as a memory that's okay to forget."

Gah, I need to go out and get volume 14 already!

Volume 14 is really good. You should get it soon! gonk

I like Rin, Kisa, and Haru. ninja Because, they rock. Rin has a dangerous side, but also a tragic past. Kisa is shy and innocent, but is mature(and oh so cute! whee . Haru is loyal and kind, but has a temper, which can be used to higher his loyalty. He is also a young old man. Mature beyond his years.

Exiled Revolutionary

Jasmic

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:47 pm
I know! Rin is my favorite, right alongside Hatori, Haru, and Momiji [I probably like him the best from the guys' side]. She's the theme of my Livejournal and even my Gaia profile. I need to find some excuse to go to the bookstore...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:19 pm
Volume 14 gives a lot of background info for Rin. It is sad...  

Exiled Revolutionary

Jasmic

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:36 pm
<<Does her hair get chopped off in this one?>>
When I first found that out I was so sad...It was so beautiful. Damn you Akito mad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:27 am
Whaaaaat? When does that happen? No! Erm... No. [[Rin's hair does not get chopped off... Yet, I suppose.]]  

Exiled Revolutionary

Bobby Lauren Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:28 am
My favorite Shojo, that's not published by Viz is Marmalade Boy. Wataru Yoshizumi is probably my favorite Mangaka because of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:06 pm
@Bobby Lauren Taylor: Seriously? That's a shame...What I mean is, I used to have a guild dedicated solely to her, but it umm...pretty much died so I sold it a couple days ago ^^;;

@shadow-lioness: I just got the volume today! x3
<<Thank goodness her pretty long hair is still there...But yeah, I hope it doesn't happen soon. All I know is Akito cuts it while s/he confines Rin in the "black room." That's why when Rin was talking to Akito in this volume I panicked o_o">>

I love it sooooo much...It makes me like Rin even more [which is pretty scary since I was pretty much obsessed with her as it was]. I really wanna cosplay her now Dx

Also, Machi's intriguing...She's the only character in this series that I don't seem to get spoilers about a lot. I'm not complaning though, I like a little mystery and unexpectedness.

Jasmic

Shy Phantom

Exiled Revolutionary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:06 pm
Machi is so cool! [[You can tell, they are going to be making a relationship between her and Yuki. I think I saw them kissing, somewhere.... ]]MAJOR SPOILER FOLLOWS!! [[I believe it was after the curse was broken. o.O]] Akito is cruel.[[ She is cruel to the entire zodiac, when things do not go her way... She almost befirends Tohru, though. o.O]]  
.: Other Randomness :.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff