no
View Results

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:24 pm
why do people get soo made when they find out that i made up a religion, religion is a belief, not a race, so i can be whatever i want to be
and for a rant, im so sick of people assuming im wiccan or a satanist just cause im goth. im not even pagan
give me thoughts  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:36 pm
You know what, I say more power to you.

Personally I think that it takes much more will power to make up your own religion, one that you follow and not be bound by the limitations and beliefs of other religions. Why I say this is because it's much easier to just follow what other people say and tell you that you have to do because 'This so&so god says you have to'. But to live by your own guidelines? That takes courage and strength. Don't get me wrong, I'm open to all religion and beliefs but I don't follow any of them except my own. Those people who are shocked and get mad at you just don't understand.

So once again, more power to you. Don't fret on what other people say or think on this issue because it really doesn't matter.

dark and demented

GreedsLittleEdo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:35 pm
Tell everyone to blow it, don't worry about what their thinking or saying. Do what you want, forget them.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:47 pm
Do what you want...if people care, they are insecure about their own beliefs. I just hope your religion isn't nihilist like Christianity. Keep things interesting.  

Silenus Slade

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:54 pm
i don't think it would really matter what other people think about it... its not like you are forcing them into your new found "religion"...

i remember getting introuble becuase we made up our own religion after school at a public catholic school (which i did not attend)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:17 am
thanks, it just gets on my nerves though when people tell me its not a religion cause i made it up.
and its not like christianity, its like a mix of pagan and hinduism, so for now my friend, sister and i (the followers of it) just call it hindipagan, just until we think of a better name  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Xyercies Uhtred Ragnar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:02 am
Shanna66
thanks, it just gets on my nerves though when people tell me its not a religion cause i made it up.
and its not like christianity, its like a mix of pagan and hinduism, so for now my friend, sister and i (the followers of it) just call it hindipagan, just until we think of a better name

to tell you the truth. it wouldnt be called hindipaganism. it would be called paganism, only for the soul fact that paganism is a group of religions in itself, who "dont hail the christain god to be supreme ruler".. blah blah blah blah...you've heard all that malarkey before im sure.

i'm pagan. but i only say pagan because my religious beliefs are spread into three seperate catagorys of paganism.

Druidism, Wiccanism, and some beliefs in Norse Dieties dealing with Odin, Thor and a few of Odins family.

so actually your religions proper belonging is with the pagan religions, untill its recognized by the greater mass of lives in the country or world for that matter, and taken seriously. then and only then can it truely be called hindipagan. and even then i think you'd have to tweak the name a little.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:06 am
I believe that you should follow whatever beliefs you actually believe in. Thus the name "beliefs." It doesn't make sense to follow an already organized religion that you do not truly believe in. Also, many people may follow a certain religion and believe in all of the components, however, the rules may be too strict for their liking. Still, many teens are forced to follow whatever religion their family is.

So I say congratulations for mixing the points of religions that you believe in. Then you can follow what you want and believe in what feels right to you. As others have said before me, it may just have to be deemed "paganism" as it is not widely recognized. However, please feel free to call it what you wish as you and your sister are practicing it.

Many people automatically assume goths are satanists or wiccan due to the fact that many "goths" on the news and such are heard of doing bizarre things. This gives people the idea that all goths must practice these ways, when in fact, most of the time those individuals aren't even gothic. People do not realize that, I know this may come as a surprise to them, "Gasp!" goths are people too. And because of such, all of us are different and do not follow a particular religion.

Acerbus nox noctis

Perestroyka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:41 am
Shanna66
im so sick of people assuming im wiccan or a satanist just cause im goth. im not even pagan
Meh. I wear a pentagram even under my uniform at cadets, where we all look the same more or less. People there see it and say "Why are you gothic? You type goth in google and those star things come up." Stupid people stressed

I have a whole set of beliefs, and find religion in general fascinating. I study Hereticism but am not an initiate, it's just really interesting. Technically I'm a pagan simply becuase I don't follow an Abrahamic faith.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:10 am
Of course a religion can be made up like you said it's your beliefs, so what I say is that no matter what anyone says you should always follow what you believe in. I think it's a little strange but I've never met someone who made up their own religion, I find it to be really cool actually. (p.s. I am wiccan. just thought I might say that)  

Fullmoon_Crystal

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:16 am
Shanna66

thats neat. we were the folowers of the BOB religion...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:53 am
My religion is Ravism....just don't tell my mom...or dad...or family in that matter.

Ravsoma

2aetH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:22 am
Shanna66
why do people get soo made when they find out that i made up a religion, religion is a belief, not a race, so i can be whatever i want to be
and for a rant, im so sick of people assuming im wiccan or a satanist just cause im goth. im not even pagan
give me thoughts

Good for you. More people should make up their own religions. You can't be a hypocrite if you make the rules, after all. ^.^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:57 am
dark and demented
You know what, I say more power to you.

Agreed its better to be out doing your own thing and following your set belief than someone elses  

r a i n- C R U S H E D

Magnetic Werewolf

MOD66

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:15 am
thouse people should STFU you have every right to what ever religon you choose. i know most people where i live, would love to get there hands on me tie me up on a big pole surrounded by hey and burn me. but thats just goes to show how ingnorant people are over religons  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff