Yes.
  NO DON'T GO!!!!
  Research more
View Results

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:33 pm
Hello people.
Most of you have seen me about the forum here on Got Goth?
It is such a lovely place!

Anyway, on to topic.
I recieved a call from the Army today, since my 18th birthday is just 15 days away.

Now, I have two thoughts running through my head:
1. Call back, talk to them, go to the center here in town, and see what they have to offer me

2. Don't call back, let it be, don't consider going.

Okay, I've always loved the Military, especially throughout time (Greece and Rome anyone?). I love weapons, especially rifles.
But, I have that soft spot in me that wants me to stay at home and not go...while the other part says I can do it.

I want to know what everyone thinks of joining the Army, Navy, Air Force, or any Armed Force of any kind for the pleasant country you live in. List some pros and cons you think of.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:39 pm
Don't leave meeeeeeeeeeeee.

::clings::

MortSanglant

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:40 pm
MortSanglant
Don't leave meeeeeeeeeeeee.

::clings::

I wouldn't be leaving you forever!
Who knows, I could end up being stationed not far from you!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:42 pm
::lip trembles::

MortSanglant

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:45 pm
MortSanglant
::lip trembles::

Okay, look, I am not going to go out and join right now.
I have to either have a High School Diploma, or my GED! So, it's not like I can go enlist now.
I have to finish out High School.....

Even then, I may go to college first and get my computer courses, or Russian classes done, THEN go.
Or I may just join Reserves.

So, don't fret just yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:48 pm
Okay!

::clings anyway::

heart

Mine.

:Ninja:

MortSanglant

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:49 pm
MortSanglant
Okay!

::clings anyway::

heart

Mine.

:Ninja:

::nods head in agreeance::

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:26 pm
I've got a history of military in my family. Cousins, uncles and my sister. :3 My sister, however, got "kicked out" of the Air Force because of her eyesight. (She wanted to be a pilot)

If you plan on joining ever, air force is the way to go. It's pretty cushy as my dad says. XD  

BabyEaterLad

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:31 pm
That is a big decission to make. Personally I wouldn't do it.

Now before you go "oh that's unpartiotic" let me explain a few things. For one I don't agree with the current comander and chief of the United States, and I'm not willing to lay down my life for his ideals.
For another I know I'm not in the physical shape necessary to be an adequet recruit.

Anyone who thinks "oh it doesn't mean you'll die just to sign up" is forgetting they are playing a giant game of russian rullette whenever enlisted in the armed forces in any branch. You never know when your unit is going to be the one shipped out into the "conflict" regions. Whether you are used as peacekeeping troupes, or fighting and all out war, your life is not your own once you sign it over to uncle sam. Granted, the miltary is willing to offer great compenasation (assuming you survive) but to me I personally don't see it is a worthwhile endevor.

All that being said, you really do need to stop and think about it. Is there anything in your life you want to accomplish? Any goals or dreams that you wish to achieve? If so I would suggest doing those things before activily enlisting in a giant brain washing seminar. I use those words because miltary training is actively designed to break down the inhibitions people have about killing other people. They literally have to brain wash the humanity out of people so that they will kill for their country. Since I perfer my mind to be my own, I refuse to give it over to my country to tamper with as they see fit.

As you can tell, I'm not exactly the most optimistic when it comes to the government.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:44 pm
lurichan

Now before you go "oh that's unpartiotic" let me explain a few things. For one I don't agree with the current comander and chief of the United States, and I'm not willing to lay down my life for his ideals.
For another I know I'm not in the physical shape necessary to be an adequet recruit.

Anyone who thinks "oh it doesn't mean you'll die just to sign up" is forgetting they are playing a giant game of russian rullette whenever enlisted in the armed forces in any branch. You never know when your unit is going to be the one shipped out into the "conflict" regions. Whether you are used as peacekeeping troupes, or fighting and all out war, your life is not your own once you sign it over to uncle sam. Granted, the miltary is willing to offer great compenasation (assuming you survive) but to me I personally don't see it is a worthwhile endevor.

All that being said, you really do need to stop and think about it. Is there anything in your life you want to accomplish? Any goals or dreams that you wish to achieve? If so I would suggest doing those things before activily enlisting in a giant brain washing seminar. I use those words because miltary training is actively designed to break down the inhibitions people have about killing other people. They literally have to brain wash the humanity out of people so that they will kill for their country. Since I perfer my mind to be my own, I refuse to give it over to my country to tamper with as they see fit.

As you can tell, I'm not exactly the most optimistic when it comes to the government.

Trust me, I have considered every thing you mentioned in there Lurichan. I have thought of them heavily.

Honestly, I was talking with Bear, a former Army Ranger instructor, and he looked me in the face and said the hardest part of training is coping with the fact you will kill people and sleep with that in your mind every day.

Now, I know, in my mind, killing sounds wrong, but then again, it is a neccessary action in some cases. "Kill or be killed", as the saying goes.

I am not going to enlist soon, as I said, I have a whole year to think about this.
But, even if I don't enlist, I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE the training the give.
But, if I do enlist, I am going to fight for either the Army Rangers, or really try and get into the Delta Force.....but that's me.

It's all just a bunch of thought right now.
I haven't decided yet.

And trust me, I have some goals to finish.
But they are few in number....and would help me in the Army so much..>.>  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:46 pm
BabyEaterLad
I've got a history of military in my family. Cousins, uncles and my sister. :3 My sister, however, got "kicked out" of the Air Force because of her eyesight. (She wanted to be a pilot)

If you plan on joining ever, air force is the way to go. It's pretty cushy as my dad says. XD

I considered Air Force, but, I decdided against it....I don't really have a need to be a pilot or anything......so, yeah.
Althought, I considered the Navy for their technology departments.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:56 pm
It's good to have lots of time to think it over.

Personally I try to avoid the "kill or be killed" senerios, but that is because I don't like to hurt other people. It really is something that could weigh heavily upon your conscience, but everyone is different. Some people adapt rather well, and other people can never get over the fact they took another person's life.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

GreedsLittleEdo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:27 pm
I agree to what lurichan said. I feel the same way and I wouldn't put my life on the line for crap they want. But the way things are rolling with it over there and two countries fighting with each other, which you know the US will probably step right in. They will put you out on that battle field quick then what you think. I maybe wrong with what I said, but thoughts are pointing to it. I wouldn't do it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:17 am
lurichan

Agreed completely, and I dont feel liek going and getting killed over a cause I dont believe in  

r a i n- C R U S H E D

Magnetic Werewolf

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:18 am
Macabre_Cogitation
Hello people.
Most of you have seen me about the forum here on Got Goth?
It is such a lovely place!

Anyway, on to topic.
I recieved a call from the Army today, since my 18th birthday is just 15 days away.

Now, I have two thoughts running through my head:
1. Call back, talk to them, go to the center here in town, and see what they have to offer me

2. Don't call back, let it be, don't consider going.

Okay, I've always loved the Military, especially throughout time (Greece and Rome anyone?). I love weapons, especially rifles.
But, I have that soft spot in me that wants me to stay at home and not go...while the other part says I can do it.

I want to know what everyone thinks of joining the Army, Navy, Air Force, or any Armed Force of any kind for the pleasant country you live in. List some pros and cons you think of.

i'd research it some more and then make the decision

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces