Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
How do you Romance?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How do you set up relationships on the Sims2?
  I figure them out when they're born! And I stick to that choice no matter what.
  I like to let my Sims figure out who they like, without much influence from me
  Call the Matchmaker!
View Results

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:09 pm
I was just wondering how other people play the Romance in the Sims2. Do you plan out all the relationships you want at birth? Do you wait until they're a teenager and see who they become friends with? Or do you take them out dating with the help of the matchmaker? Do you let them make up their own mind?

Obviously there are other ways to play romance, those were just the ones I could think of straight off. Personally I usually make the decision of who I want my Sims to marry fairly early on, during toddler or childhood. And then when I have some extra Sims who I haven't paired off I put them into a dorm together when they're at Uni and see who likes who. I also tend to stick to my choices but a couple of times I've had cases of instant attraction between 2 Sims that have made me call off the relationships they were already in and pair up with this other Sim. I use the matchmaker as a final resource and see if my Sim likes who she sends.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:31 pm
Well for my male sims when he is of age I send them out into town. While there I have him chat with 4-5 people, and see who he likes the best.

For my female sims I normaly make them a mate as most townie males are ugly.

If my sims are having problems as a last resort I call the match maker.  

Late Shift

Blu321

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:46 am
i just let them do wutever.... unless i want them to fall in luv wit a particular person...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:57 am
Ugh.
gonk
My legacy family, well their son fell in love with a rich teenager that I had made. -.-''' Not wanting to break up their happy little romance, I got them engaged and the son got her pregnant. Then they got married.

So now that legacy is basically screwed up, since I cheated and he didn't marry an NPC or a Townie.

[Ramen N00dles]

Blu321

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:30 pm
[Ramen N00dles]
Ugh.
gonk
My legacy family, well their son fell in love with a rich teenager that I had made. -.-''' Not wanting to break up their happy little romance, I got them engaged and the son got her pregnant. Then they got married.

So now that legacy is basically screwed up, since I cheated and he didn't marry an NPC or a Townie.
the son got pregnant?! u can do that?!!! eek  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:47 pm
I don't have Nightlife, so I can't use the Matchmaker.

I try to enter the mind of the chosen sim. For example, when I go clothes shopping with them, I pick clothes that fits that person's personality. Kelly Thomas wears more "revealing" and "seductive" outfits, while Debra Arnold does not.

So, of course, I do the same with relationships and matchmaking. Mary Sunderland would rather DIE than become friends with Leon Matthews.

Yeah, you get the picture. sweatdrop  

Newly Appointed Secretary

goofy_gurl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:51 pm
hi im goofy_gurl

i do what i feel like  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:12 am
I somewhat decide like when I see people, but I don't stick to it. I let my Sim decide if they are attracted to them or not. If not then I don't usually conitinue the realtionship unless its a romance sim, then I don't care who they're with...  

Sweet_Melissad

RHShipper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:04 pm
I never pick out marriages at birth unless I create two families in one household. Most of my sims usually have a teenage sweetheart. All of em go off to college though, so sometimes I send em alone, sometimes I send em together & they get engaged while they're there. For my knowlage sims they tend to be given max all 7 skills <_< So with a bit of creativity they spend their teenage years maxing skills or getting the right skills for a job ya know? Working towards scholarships. Then I send em off to college & with all the time they have spare from all that work in the teen years they usually find mates pretty quick. Those are probably my favourite families to play with smile My simmies always live in dorms wink More options mad D  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:01 pm
It's usually pretty spur of the moment for me. "Hey, there's someone outside the house, go chat them up so you can get married/pregnant" sort of thing, lol. There have been a few cases where I'll make a mate for my sims, though few and far between, and occasionally I like to force them to fall in love with someone they dispise. Hehe, it's so funny when that happens, they usually argue about everything. ^_^  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Paine Fury

7,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:36 am
Mine varies. Seeing as I don't have any EPs my initial intereaction is usually limited to whoever walks past my door. Thorn, the teenager is e-mailing three girls he likes atm, so I'm gonna build the friendship up and see who he prefers more.

Pascal fell for the maid, so that's self explanitory.

Ellone and Joseph were created for each other, so no wooing there.

All my families are shy introverts, never bother going out! lol

It even annoys me when someone is invited back from school/work  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:34 pm
I usually go to the Matchmaker but lately I've been hooking them up with the first person they meet. I used to plan out who they would marry when they were kids but then that darned Nightlife came along and added chemistry to the mix so can't do that as effectively anymore.  

Lady Vina

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff