Second Dedication Ceremony

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:17 pm
Ok, so... I know this subject has been made before, by me, but I want to do another ceremony. A different one.
Remember how I said Eris was my Matron, in my other thread? I just realized I never had a ceremony for her. I want to do something for her, but I would like some input.

First, I need to know what could possibly be strife-related, that I could use as an offering. I'm doing a little more research, and talking to Eris herself about it, but we're having a little trouble thinking of something... So suggestions would be boss.

Second, I haven't yet written a poem to her. I would like just a little input on what form of poetry would work best.
I know what I want to say, I just don't know how I want to say it, or what format I should put it in.

Third, I want to know what day it should be done on... I know each of the days of the week is good for different kinds of magic... And I want to know which would be best for this ceremony. Last time, I did it on a Friday. Should I stick with Friday, or try a different day?
And I don't have the list of which days are good for what, so if someone could drag that up for me, that would also be boss.

Fourth, and final, should I wear my new ritual dress/robe thing as is, or should I bless it, first? I haven't worn it for a ritual yet, nor have I blessed it. But I've had it since just before the first ceremony (although I did not want to wear it then). If so, does anyone know a good blessing ceremony for clothing?

Fifth, my dagger/athame is dedicated in the names of the Greek Muses... Because a lot of the magic I do is to help over come writers block, artists block, and so on... With a few other kind of spells here and then. I dedicated it to them after my first ceremony. Will this affect the dedication of myself to Eris? (Eros and Eris... What are the odds?)

Sixth, and final, I would like to know if it would be alright for me to have my brother film the ceremony, and then link it back to here so you guys can see how I do things... Do you think that any of the Gods would get mad, or (last time, him and Josh did come with me) if the presence of the camera would adversely affect the Ceremony?

Thanks in advance, you guys. Haha. ^_^ I'll check back each day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:42 pm
Use an apple, and keep all picnic related things away from the rit 3nodding

Golden Deliscious would be good.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:08 pm
No picnics? I can swing that. [shrugs] I was thinking a Golden Delicious apple with something carved into it would be boss. I'll think of a personal message.

How about having my brother, Cam, or Josh film it? Would that be alright? I want to so badly. To let you guys see how I work (and as maybe a way to help those who've never held a ritual before see how its done).

I'm going through and making a list of ideas for things I could do during the ritual... I'll have to cross picnic right off of it. XD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:45 pm
Personally, I don't mind seeing how another works. Who you really need to ask is Eris, first and foremost, as well as any other (welcome) deities that may be also attending/watching.

Eris, sister of Ares and lady of Discord (as per Edith Hamilton's Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heros) would probably prefer a free-verse/open poem rather than one with structure. As for elements for the ritual beyond the classic apple, it depends on what other attributes you associate with her.

You might consider performing on Tuesday, as it's associated with Mars/Ares. You might consider Sunday, though, for its benefit toward work involving friendships (I assume your friends with Eris, anyways), or Monday because of its association with feminine power. Friday deals with love, so it might not be so good a day as another.

As for your robe, again, ask Eris. Perhaps you'll cleanse it as your dedicating yourself; somewhat of your clothes being 'reborn' with you, if you will. With the dagger, once more, ask the Big Cheeses.  

Jameta
Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:05 pm
It really depends on Eris as to whether or not your athame being dedicated to the Muses. Provided that the Goddesses involved don't have any major tension between them, I don't think Eris would really mind you turning to another source for help once in a while; she'd still be your primary/patron.

New robes might be a very nice idea to help mark this new phase of your practice. I wouldn't think they'd need a whole blessing ceremony, however. A good cleansing and consecration should do the trick; try to encorperate as many of the elements as you can and try to imbue their energy into the robes. That way, they're good for any magical workings with any God or Goddess of your choice.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:53 pm
Mix in some fun and games, or just some plain wierdness. From the whole Trojan, She seems to have a sense of humour. Maybe borrow something from the Discordians.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:25 am
Thanks you guys.

Jameta, yeah, I've actually been working with her for a little while now... We've got a relationship, but its been on again, off again. She does seem to be there a lot in my dreams, though.
Speaking of which, I should book it over to the dream thread in a minute...
I think I might go with Tuesday (although I did want the Barley Moon, which is on a Thursday). And it really all will depend on my work schedual, and which days I have off. Assuming I get this job today.

Eris seems to have no problem with anything I've been planning, so far. (I'm still cutting out anything even close to a picnic, though.) Fun and games sounds good, and I'll look into the whole Discoridian thing tomorrow, when I have more time. I have some links. [smiles]

As for the Ritual Dress/Robe, I'm going to conscecrate it, and keep it in my dresser until I'm ready to wear it.

I don't know of any tension or bad feelings between the Muses and Eris. They seem to not really even notice each other, most of the time. The dagger was dedicated to them a while ago, before I thought of this ceremony.
I think Eris respects that I am an artist and a writer, and need the muses help from time to time. She understands its not her thing, or her place, to do anything about/with my talents, I think...
But she is a little bit of a muse to me, once in a while, without realising it. I'm working on a comic that was pretty much inspired by her. The story, anyways. She plays a key role in the storyline. And she's in my novel.

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games