Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
i dont like seihousen (samuraix reflection) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do u like Seihousen (SamuraiX Reflection)?
yes
48%
 48%  [ 12 ]
no
52%
 52%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 25

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:43 am
i've seen about a hundred threads that lead up to this but i really wanna know, how many people do agree that seihousen isnt that good,

first of all it doesnt match what any of the characters actually do, it's makes them all seem so OOC it's disgusting, they twisted up the plot so much watsuki didnt even agree with it...

and it's also sad, well that's not a reason it sux i mean that would be kinda harsh cuz a lot of things are sad but i have to admit it is sad i cry every freiken time i see it, i know dont tell me, i have a problem

so yeah, just vote in the poll and add a comment of why u dislike/like it, i'd like to know so i dont think i'm crazy stare  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:22 am
I voted no, but personally I like Seisouhen as a stand-alone story. It was sad, yes, but in a beautiful, touching way, and I really liked the art style. It stirred my emotions and really makes a very beautiful story.

But the fact that it was made in place of making an actual arc for Jinchuu makes me mad. Since it's connected with Ruroken, most people who have not read the manga (or at least the last several volumes) take it as the true ending. It also warps people's views of the characters. When people say they think Kenshin is an idiot, more often than not their opinion is based substantially in what was seen in Seisouhen. Beautiful as Seisouhen was, it deviated greatly from the character's personalities. They were all so melancholy and serious. Again, beautiful - but not true to the story. It's sort of like one of those rare fanfics that are super well done and you can't possibly complain about it except that the characters are somewhat OOC.

So, no, I can't say I like it. Not as part of Ruroken.  

Akira_Hoshino

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oh hell no, I hate that POS OVA! Yes, the background animation and music are beautiful, but the characters are so ugly in it. They all look haggard and like they're on drugs or something.

The storyline and characterization are so off that I can't even count them as Watsuki's characters, but strangers with the same name. No way in Hell would Watsuki's Kenshin walk out on his wife and small child to "atone". Kenshin knows what it's like to be alone as a child, so why would he inflict that on Kenji? He wouldn't, he wouldn't, he wouldn't.

Kaoru just giving Kenshin the OK to walk out and leave her to raise their child alone and worry over where he is, PLEASE! If Kenshin were to even suggest such a thing, especially after being married for four years and having their child, Kaoru would club him over the head with her bokken and hog tie him in the storage shed till he came to his senses.

Seisou negates everything Kenshin learned and achieved in the Kyoto and Jinchuu Arcs. In Kyoto, he learns from Hiko that in order to be truly strong, he must value his own life so he can use the true strength of a Hiten Mitsurugi master and not the false strength of the Hitokiri. In the Jinchuu Arc, he's forced to confront the demons of his past in the most painful of ways.

Yet in Seisou, after everything happens, he's back to square one, tormented and angsty. It's as if he never learned the secret from Hiko and never went through the trial by fire of Rakuninmura. Well in Seisou, he doesn't. Painful as it was, the time spent in Rakuninmura was essential in transforming Kenshin from a ruruouni with a split heart into a dragon with a single heart that could love Kaoru without reservation or the lingering need to wander and atone.

Kenshin will certainly atone all his life, but his atonement can come in the form of fighting for the people around him and mostly for those he loves, his friends and family. In Seisou, his atonement is to leave home, venture to the farthest ends of Japan and even to China and only come home for a quick roll in the hay. That's not Kenshin, people. That's Kazuhiro Furohashi's twisted idea of how the story should've been.

May Seisouhen gather dust on the shelves.

Sessha wa rurouni, de gozaro yo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:43 am
haha very well put, it's currently gathering dust somewhere in a box in my room XD  

samuraichikX

~WildBerry_Poptart~

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:02 pm
Personally I liked it.
I thought it was pretty well done.
And a rather different ending than most animes.
I also thought it was very touching,
;_;
But of course.
If you don't like the way the ANIME ended.
You could always read the final book.
I liked that one as well.
So...
heart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:31 pm
I totally agree with you because Seisouhen should of been someone else's story not the Kenshin and the Gang.
Remember when I started saying that in consequence of that movie I felt like Kaoru didn't deserve Kenshin.
Don't get me wrong. The movie itself is great, tragedy at its most!

WHY OH WHY DID KENSHIN DIE!

Akira_Hoshino
I voted no, but personally I like Seisouhen as a stand-alone story. It was sad, yes, but in a beautiful, touching way, and I really liked the art style. It stirred my emotions and really makes a very beautiful story.

But the fact that it was made in place of making an actual arc for Jinchuu makes me mad. Since it's connected with Ruroken, most people who have not read the manga (or at least the last several volumes) take it as the true ending. It also warps people's views of the characters. When people say they think Kenshin is an idiot, more often than not their opinion is based substantially in what was seen in Seisouhen. Beautiful as Seisouhen was, it deviated greatly from the character's personalities. They were all so melancholy and serious. Again, beautiful - but not true to the story. It's sort of like one of those rare fanfics that are super well done and you can't possibly complain about it except that the characters are somewhat OOC.

So, no, I can't say I like it. Not as part of Ruroken.

AHURA MAZDA Ormazd

TheIllustriousBlueJay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:27 pm
i didn't like it. It completely gave the Jin-e fight and enishi Fight no justice at all. plus, you only see Aoshi in like one scene.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:23 pm
I liked it. I thought it was a great way to put an end to it, and I think the manga should have done the same.

Though, I didn't like it at first, but after rewatching it for like the fourth time, I realised that it was the perfect ending. Kenshin and Kaoru dying peacefully was great.

I wish they coulda showed more Aoshi, though.  

Hercules Roy

TheIllustriousBlueJay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:29 pm
Grifisu
I liked it. I thought it was a great way to put an end to it, and I think the manga should have done the same.

Though, I didn't like it at first, but after rewatching it for like the fourth time, I realised that it was the perfect ending. Kenshin and Kaoru dying peacefully was great.

I wish they coulda showed more Aoshi, though.
dude, the Manga came first. Sony tampered with the ending. and trust me the original ending was much better.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:37 pm
I know the manga came first, but I like reflections ending better.

I hated most of the Jinchuu arc.  

Hercules Roy

Akira_Hoshino

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:57 pm
Grifisu
I know the manga came first, but I like reflections ending better.

I hated most of the Jinchuu arc.

Really? Why?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:53 pm
Why did I like the ending better?

I dunno. I guess I thought it was more touching and it put a better closure on the series.

Why did I hate the Jinchuu arc?

Because Watsukis artwork was awful in that arc, and the villains really sucked. Though I liked the rememberance mini arc, but that was about it.  

Hercules Roy

Hurrikan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:16 pm
I prefer the Nobuhiro-sensei's Kenshin better then the other one. It's what Kenshin is truely about.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:56 pm
Well in my opinoin I loved the movie until the end it sucked they should have made it where they kept him alive for 2 more years and then they should have killed him off. If they made this ending Kenji would spend more time with Kenshin and come to know and love him. Kaoru well she would pobaly live one more month after Kenshin then die from the same disease that Kenshin had. I know i have a vivid imagination to continue they should make a new sereies called Kenji. It would be about Kenji's life with Kaoru and Kenshin and his girlfriend. Yahiko's wife would have a child and Kenji and Yahiko would teach him how to sword fight. Then the sad part would be kaoru's death. crying that would be the next to last episode there will be new threats,new enemys,old enemys,and tons of laughter and saddness!! there is my opinon i know i got a little off topic but oh well what can i say!!!! xd xd  

Roloko vi Britannia

Interesting Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:52 am
`Kaoru Himura
Well in my opinoin I loved the movie until the end it sucked they should have made it where they kept him alive for 2 more years and then they should have killed him off. If they made this ending Kenji would spend more time with Kenshin and come to know and love him. Kaoru well she would pobaly live one more month after Kenshin then die from the same disease that Kenshin had. I know i have a vivid imagination to continue they should make a new sereies called Kenji. It would be about Kenji's life with Kaoru and Kenshin and his girlfriend. Yahiko's wife would have a child and Kenji and Yahiko would teach him how to sword fight. Then the sad part would be kaoru's death. crying that would be the next to last episode there will be new threats,new enemys,old enemys,and tons of laughter and saddness!! there is my opinon i know i got a little off topic but oh well what can i say!!!! xd xd

nah that's a pretty cool idea  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces