Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Help? Need a stuffed animal pattern...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:21 pm
Okay, so my girlfriend's birthday kinda snuck up on me. sweatdrop I was trying to decide what to make her (since i'm broke, but i have yarn) and i remembered that she wanted a stuffed animal from me. It was an off-hand comment, but i'm pretty sure its what i want to make her.

So heres my thing. I don't knit well, but i crochet. I also sew, but i'd like to crochet her stuffed animal more then i want to sew it. I'd like to use this purple worsted weight yarn, and make something cartoony, sort of like my sewn bunny, if anyone remembers my little demented friend. heart

help?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:08 pm
I know almost nothing about crocheting/knitting, but I think if you found a pattern for how to sew a bunny/stuffed animal you could crochet each piece by doing a row of stitches and measuring the size of each row against the pattern. I know for a fact that this is tricky with crocheting... but I think it would be possible. Then you could just stitch it together with yarn, just like a fabric bunny. It's worth a try, the worst that could happen is you'd have to undo several rows of stitching.

But someone else may have a better idea. sweatdrop  

Shara_Lunison

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:12 pm
sank yooo! The thought had occured to me, but without any real thought behind it. Seeing somebody else thinking it would work too helped make it seem plausible in my head... *runs around looking for cute patterns*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:14 pm
Ooh, ooh! Someone posted this link in another thread:

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/patterns/country_bear.php

I'll bet they have some other patterns. Maybe for crocheting instead? Or at least a link to a crochet pattern site. It's worth a look, maybe.  

Shara_Lunison

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:14 pm
I found a few patterns...I don't know what kind of animals you are looking for though.

Roxy Craft Free Pattern

Here is a post on Craftster with a tute on one:

Craftster Post

I know there are books out there too...and that Roxycraft site has patterns you can buy too. If you search craftster for amigurumi patterns, there are lots of matches...not all have free patterns...I'm not quite sure what you are looking for, but I hope these help.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:35 pm
Those do help, though i'm looking for something she can hug.... either that or i may make her a little basket of cute animals. ^^ I'm kinda edging towards a kitty... I know i don't want a teddy bear...  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

gemini6184

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:51 pm
Teddy bears are easily made into kitties with pointy ears and long tails :nod:  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:54 pm
gemini6184
Teddy bears are easily made into kitties with pointy ears and long tails :nod:
True.. true...  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:32 pm