Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
I spent $90 on a sewing machine when I don't know how to sew

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PrairieGhost

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:08 pm
So, yeah... I figured I'd never learn how if I didn't have the tools, and I'm sick and tired of shopping for pants in my size, so it seemed a good investment. The problem is, I've figured out the sewing machine, but I can't decipher the pattern for my pants. I have a good idea of how all the pieces go together, but I can't understand the instructions. Is there a tutorial somewhere for begining seamstresses like myself where I can get a little direction? Thanks!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:39 am
a couple of links that might be useful:

http://craftandfabriclinks.com/sewingbook/sewbook.html
http://sewing.about.com/library/lessons/blessonindex.htm

and for once you figure it out:
Free Sewing Patterns and Sewing Help

I hope this helps.  

Maki Minakoaino

Yuki_Yue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:24 am
Sewing is a relatively easy thing to do, you just need to practice with your machine, read the manual, and learn about sewing *pokes the links in Maki's post*  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:04 pm
I pretty much did the same thing. I bought that green Hello Kitty sewing machine, and it kicks some butt, well for me. The only sewing on a machine I can do is like...straight. Hee hee. Sometimes, when I'm feeling daring, I'll use the zigzag. I'll tell you what though, I'm terrified of that button foot. And I'd like to make button holes too...guess I'll have to get over that. Don't worry though-you don't need a whole lot of experience to use one, at least in my case that was true.

I think I'm going to check out those links as well.

KiwiDragon

switchblade12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:13 pm
sewing is really fun.i started when i was about 6 and fell in love with it.it is one of my favorite things to do in my spare time.i think it is relatively easy.
it does not take a lot of expireance.i will tell you though,blue jeans are like the hardest thing to sew on.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games