Submit

Hi people!
  Why did you choose that name?
  That's cool!
  ...no comment.
View Results

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Well in my Japanese class we just recently chose names. And well I was deciding between a few names, and one of my friends said I should be Naruto xd And then everyone said that.... so I chose that name for my class. I think it's cool and all but well I don't know if it sounds kind of... obsessed xd

So what do you think this is.... a thing a fan would do or an unhealthy obsession? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:47 pm
no offence but thats kinda weird. confused  

matt93

Demon of Cute

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:38 pm
HAHA Being called a fish cake in japanese classes ninja
Probably just gonna show everyone how much of an otaku you are sweatdrop
I'd rather a name from FLCL better, being called Haruko would rock! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:18 pm
I'll be honest.

Sounds stupid. Naruto's a food. You should have chosen a real name. My opinion is that it is over the top, and could be considered a rediculous obsession. The class isn't about ******** around. I don't think most of the kids here realize how hard Japanese is to learn, and paying that much for a class shouldn't be about talking about Naruto. I've been studying rigorously for 2 years and I still can't write a sentence. People who can just get classese are very fortunate but don't realize it.

I went off topic. Shikamaru is my absolute favorite, but I would not fall into that pressure. Everyone would agree, and want to call me that, but I would want to have my own name. I think it's pretty rediculous to obsess over a cartoon THAT much.

Syndactyly

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:24 pm
Yeah I know Naruto is a food and all blaugh But I am not trying to be named after the food, just after the character. And no offense but languages come easily to me xd For me Japanese is not that hard.... but then again it's the 4th language I am learning lol. I guess I am just lucky with that though... not saying I don't still have to work hard xd And in our class we hardly ever talk abour anime xd Most people in there are DBZ obsessed >< But yeah we won't talk about that really xd

I was going to choose Natsuhiko >< But idk xd I can always change it whenever I want.... blaugh My teacher doesn't care! razz  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:37 pm
xd This does explain though why the teacher kept laughing blaugh At the time I had forgotten Naruto was a food xd It's too early to think in that class... at least it's easy for me

I'll probably have to give this some thought though blaugh I shall ask around my school ^^ See what people think about the matter...  

churrlo

Repriev3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:41 pm

Heh, you really should lighten up a bit Shikalee..Persoanl issues or something?..Having a little fun, and playing with words won't really effect his studies...And another note, he is only what like 17? Merely using an anime name in a Japanese class where he actually has other friends that a familiar with the series isn't that weird...

On a second note it's not obsessed, it's peer pressure...^^ Feel free to give in, it's not hurting anyone Heheh.

But yeah, I still do agree if you don't want the name go for whatever..

Lol, at school, we've had nicknames in our Spanish classes. This year my name is Crepes de Fresa ^^ (Strawberry Pancakes!---more specifically crepes) I'm also in mutiple languages, French is my third ^^

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:46 am
I think it's kinda cool! Of course, I wouldn't want to be called 'fish cake' for the whole school year, but that's just me. If I was a guy though, I would have done the same thing, except maybe go with the name Obito or Iruka ^^ But, since I'm not, I'd probably go with..Tenten o.O lol, just enjoy yourself, I don't know Much Japanese! ( Only four words, plus anything else I can find over Google xD)  

Public Pervert

churrlo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:54 pm
Yeah it's only a high school class blaugh And it wasn't really peer pressure.... I wanted to do it as well, I just also based my decision on opinions from my friends ^_^ Haha my name in French class is Francois >< I wanted to be Pierre xd  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:42 pm
what I think? I think Im hungryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! gonk  

Reso Miso Soup

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:12 pm
I'm both brained so I don't have areas of large skill except in the arts. That is why language is difficult to me, just like everyone else. You just got a lucky quirk in your brain. razz Your language center simply functions better. Smart people don't have better brains; they use their normal brains better.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:21 am
blaugh Well being bilingual DOES give me an advantage at learning other languages.... blaugh I wish I had good at arts though haha blaugh I LOVE the arts.... however I can't make any art or stuff like that ^^ Yay for appreciation of the arts!  

churrlo

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:24 am
churrlo
blaugh Well being bilingual DOES give me an advantage at learning other languages.... blaugh I wish I had good at arts though haha blaugh I LOVE the arts.... however I can't make any art or stuff like that ^^ Yay for appreciation of the arts!
You must be... Right brained? That would make you highly skilled in language and communication.
I'm clearly both brained, but my artistic side is FAR stronger. The only reason I'm considered both is because I can do a little bit of everything. I've learned the basics of 3 languages, but I can only hold a conversation with Spanish and English. I know some Japanese and German as well. I also am interested in Russian or Ukranian, but those are... just far more difficult than even any Asian language.

I'm pretty broadly spread out. But my skills reside in both of the brains. (Both sides, I mean.)

Correct me if I get this backwards. My left brain allows me to be very artistic while my right brain allows me to be very analytical. Both combined is extremely dangerous to any one who tries to trick me, because not only can I think of something, but I can visually see it in my head. It's a skill mostly only people who can write with both hands have, etc etc. I forget how the word is spelled. Am-bur-dex-tri-ous. Or something. I am nearly that way. But I can't write with my weak hand. I write with my strong hand, and play cards with my weak hand. I can also write with my foot, holding the pencil between my big toe and second toe. It's messy, but legible. xd

Anyway, sorry I was so harsh. I just get weirded out when people pretend to be anime characters.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:07 pm
It's no problem >< Lmao and I'm not trying to pretend to be anyone xd

I suppose I would be "right minded", however I thought most teenagers tend to be due to hormones and stuff... then as we get older it switches? What else can the left side do...? I don't know much about the inner workings of the brain.  

churrlo

Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces