Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I hope this is a good topic.
  Feel like it's kinda lame.. ^^;
View Results

priestess1.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:25 am
surprised So I'll try to put something a little different.

Bio weapons. Do we really need them? Can't the world just stop creating them and making more advanced weapons before we kill ourselves? Discuss!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:29 pm
surprised I knew this topic would fail and I would put my own views, but right now I'm too lazy..  

priestess1.

Taka Seiyaryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:24 pm
In my opinion, I think we should stop with all the nuclear weapons and just leave it all alone. We're all going to end up destroying ourselves one of these days, and with all this terrorism going on, I'd say it's going to happen sooner than we think.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:33 pm
Personally I think mankind is doomed to fall by it's own hand. We wouldn't even need weapons in general if people didn't want to hurt each other.  

Phaeton

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:07 am
I think there is still hope for us .. most people are generally good and don't want to hurt other people. Even if something terrible were to happen .. Earth wouldn't really be destroyed. We might be gone, but Earth always finds a away to heal Herself. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:23 pm
I do agree that we should stop making nuclear weapons, but there's no way of stopping other countries from making them. There will always be some rulers of some country looking to get their hands on these weapons and improve them, so the best we can do is to continue to make them and improve them, so no other can really dare to attack us with them... If we were to try to do something like make a peace treaty with all the countries and make an agreement that not one country can make nuclear bombs, one of the countries would probably break that rule and make them.. I think there's already a rule like that.. I'm not sure..  

priestess1.

CainZeros

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:15 pm
No matter how hard we try humans in general will always find new ways to kill each other.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:38 pm
I agree with Mr. Ownage. We'll always find more ways to kill people. However, I do wish that we'd quit it with the nukes and the bio weapons...  

Yoru Kurosawa

Man-Hungry Vampire

10,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Die_Katze

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:36 pm
Kura Ookami
I agree with Mr. Ownage. We'll always find more ways to kill people. However, I do wish that we'd quit it with the nukes and the bio weapons...
Not going to happen. Until there is some agreement or world peace or anything of the sort. Right now it's a struggle for power. We're most likely the strongest country and the only way ti keep it that way is always building a bigger and better bomb that's the way it's been since the beginning and that'll be how it ends.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:21 pm
Right now, I am studying World History. There were many and many civilizations making new and better things for their empire. There was always fighting with invaders trying to take over. What happened? People just got more advanced instead of doing nothing. Yea, Nuclear weapons are "bad" but we will eventually reach a point when our minds can overcome that weapon and make something worse. I bet if we could travel back in time, the people of the Hittites (I believe, corredct me if I'm wrong) would say "Iron is bad! Bad new weapons, they are going to kill us all!"

We'll just develop more and live on. When the time of Humankind comes, it will come. We can't stop our destruction, or evolution.

Paperclip Cookies

kiddowx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:22 am
Nuclear weapons were created by ppl who hated the world... because of their issues ..  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:03 pm
Obviously we shouldn't have them, but still we have. Here's time to recall the famous quote that says "Guns don't kill people, people kill people!". Why? Because mankind is like that. It's part of the conflict. It's part of the technology development. It's part of the evolution. It will be our doom? Probably. But we can't stop it. Guns and weapons, and the technology behind them are just tools and knowledge, all depends of how we use them.  

Arthurion

londonchick25

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:05 pm
Arthurion
Obviously we shouldn't have them, but still we have. Here's time to recall the famous quote that says "Guns don't kill people, people kill people!". Why? Because mankind is like that. It's part of the conflict. It's part of the technology development. It's part of the evolution. It will be our doom? Probably. But we can't stop it. Guns and weapons, and the technology behind them are just tools and knowledge, all depends of how we use them.

I agree with Arthurion. I think all that is left for us to do is to use our weapons as wisely as we can and hopefully not kill ourselves.
Also, at this point it would be suicide to get rid of our nuclear weapons. It would just allow other nations to destroy us and we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:31 am

I think we should just hurry up and get lasers.

O p a v e

Literate Hell

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces