Submit

Is Australia going to hell?
  Yes
  No
  I just dont give a s***
View Results

The_Original_ChaCha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:10 pm
Its true. Once the center of our peaceful world renowned existence is going to hell.

Over the last few years Sydney has become a dangerous scary place. With the redfern riots and the cronulla riots, what does the future hold for our once great nation. I myself have been a victim of a bashing.

Q's - Have you seen something that made you think "this isn't Australia".

and

Q - Where do you think Australia is going in the next ten years.

Although this may not be in all parts of Australia, its only a matter of time.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:59 am
Mostly to the Cities as Government policies
do not favour living away from Central places.

I also wonder about racial tensions buildig.  

Ozumou

The_Original_ChaCha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:14 am
Ozumou
Mostly to the Cities as Government policies
do not favour living away from Central places.

Sadly racism isn't a thing of the past. But people have died, and that should never happen, not over which country your ancestors come from. I have Irish blood in me, that doesn't mean automaticially im a heavy drinker. I am, but I dont have to be xd

It's getting to the stage though where i'm actually scared to go outside at night. And nobody should be afraid like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:17 am
Oh you know... that way.

Down.

Generally.

Can I take this as an excuse to say I don't like John Howard? Because I don't. 3nodding

Though the area I live in now has never really been renouned for it's strong adherance to the rule of law and social justice, at least not in my life-time, I've seen a few things there. Luckily I've never been involved in anything major. I've seen bashing, drug deals, syringes by the side of the road, prostutes. Actually, speaking of prosties, there was one at the bus-stop near my house just yesturday. My friend and I were playing tennis at the school, and there was somenoe at the bus-stop, but they were there for quite a while, and she'd left like 4 busses go past, and there's only two buses which use that bus stop.

But anyway. I'm not phased by the negative stuff that happens in society. It happens, it's happened close to me, and not so close to me. I'd expect nothing less of humanity really. You can never escape was has been pressent for potentially our entire existence.  

WellzY
Crew

The_Original_ChaCha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:32 am
WellzY
Oh you know... that way.

Down.

Generally.

Can I take this as an excuse to say I don't like John Howard? Because I don't. 3nodding

Though the area I live in now has never really been renouned for it's strong adherance to the rule of law and social justice, at least not in my life-time, I've seen a few things there. Luckily I've never been involved in anything major. I've seen bashing, drug deals, syringes by the side of the road, prostutes. Actually, speaking of prosties, there was one at the bus-stop near my house just yesturday. My friend and I were playing tennis at the school, and there was somenoe at the bus-stop, but they were there for quite a while, and she'd left like 4 busses go past, and there's only two buses which use that bus stop.

But anyway. I'm not phased by the negative stuff that happens in society. It happens, it's happened close to me, and not so close to me. I'd expect nothing less of humanity really. You can never escape was has been pressent for potentially our entire existence.

Very wise coments. i guess I was hoping that our generation would do things right.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:36 am
You'd like to think so, and I think we'll definately do better, but not much better.  

WellzY
Crew

The_Original_ChaCha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:46 am
WellzY
You'd like to think so, and I think we'll definately do better, but not much better.

We can only hope.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:54 am
where i come from (brisbane) we're pretty alright but that's cuz no one ever talks about it.

like there is LOTS of fighting and s**t that happens here, but it never gets like.... out of control?? like one person who is from one race has a thing against another person from a differnt race, the issue will be something stupid like they didnt give em money or something but the usuall violence escalades and then you get a big fat race fight, but only cuz person A gets their brothers and sisters and cousin (who are from teh same race) and the other party does teh same and so on so forth.

mah god that made no sense

anyway meh, i have mah fair share of stoner mates, i have mah fair share of mates that dont talk about how they got the $100 and i've seen enough people get cut up, and i have cracked a couple of people too....

anyway i dunno what im crappin on about so i leave with this

i thought sydney was hell  

nrasjaa

Hermit of the Hills

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:14 pm
It's more a case of the world going to hell as a whole. >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:22 am
Ozumou

Australia's such a Multicultural country; Most of these 'riots' and domestic violence is over, or somehow related too, racial dispute.

Gold_Autumn

saz06

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:09 pm
some areas of sydney are like hell, like i will never ever go to mount druitt at night. but there are still alot of areas that are pretty good. But i think if we keep having things like the Cronulla riots then sydney will be like hell all together. and no1 will want to come here or live here.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:36 pm
bump  

kangtongwokestar

The_Original_ChaCha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:32 am
nrasjaa
where i come from (brisbane) we're pretty alright but that's cuz no one ever talks about it.

like there is LOTS of fighting and s**t that happens here, but it never gets like.... out of control?? like one person who is from one race has a thing against another person from a differnt race, the issue will be something stupid like they didnt give em money or something but the usuall violence escalades and then you get a big fat race fight, but only cuz person A gets their brothers and sisters and cousin (who are from teh same race) and the other party does teh same and so on so forth.

mah god that made no sense

anyway meh, i have mah fair share of stoner mates, i have mah fair share of mates that dont talk about how they got the $100 and i've seen enough people get cut up, and i have cracked a couple of people too....

anyway i dunno what im crappin on about so i leave with this

i thought sydney was hell

I used to live an hours north of Brisbane, and things were fine. So I guess after moving here i realised how bad sydney had gone.

Its sad, there is so much potential here, but if you get enough people together in one place, all hell will break loose.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:37 am
Hermit of the Hills
It's more a case of the world going to hell as a whole. >.<

True, very true. we have a lot of hard times ahead of us. Could we be seeing the beggining of the end of our once humane society?  

The_Original_ChaCha

The_Original_ChaCha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:40 am
Gold_Autumn
Ozumou

Australia's such a Multicultural country; Most of these 'riots' and domestic violence is over, or somehow related too, racial dispute.

I know, cant we all get along.

Wont somebody think of the children!!!!! Lol.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff