Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
How many of your friends use good grammar online? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green McGrig The Second.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:17 pm
Its just a random question about grammar. Most of my friends do.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:44 pm
My friends are almost all literate people. It's actually surprising, but people are starting to get more and more literate. I think the reason is that the irritance caused by nOObs is really beginning to hit people. I wasn't a literate person at all, but through my friends' influence, I got into the habit of using proper grammar. Now they're close to calling me a Grammar Nazi. xD  

Gigglypuff

Vocal Cannibalism

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:18 pm
Three. =/ There are 66 people on my Buddy list, and three of them can spell. D;

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:13 pm
Only like three of them do. Most of them TyPe lyk dIs,can't spell to begin with, and make up their own abbreviations & spellings.My friend Keenan like doesn't even bother putting spaces half the time between words.  

anime_freak777

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:22 pm
Two out of the twenty five people on my MSN contact list type in normal English. Everyone else types with shortcuts. I understand that they use shortcuts to save time, but I just hate it when they change the spelling of words without making them any shorter. For example, a few people at my school like to replace Y's with I's (plurals of letters are supposed to have apostrophes, right?), as in "funni", "realli", and "pretti".  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:03 am
None of my friends do.  

Ronald Titone III

JaNes_AdDiCtiOn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:07 pm
Most of my friends do  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:49 pm
I wouldn't say my friends aren't literate, they just can't spell. They use me as a human thesaurus/dictionary/spell check, because I usually know what they need to spell, different ways to say something, etc. I've even been asked how to spell words by teachers.  

Sachiko13

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:37 pm
I'd say most of the people I chat with daily do. One or two of them have atrocious spelling, but at least they don't use too much text talk or abbreviations. I have one who was a really horrible speller when we first started chatting, but has improved dramatically. I'd like to think I was a silent influence.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:32 am
Sachiko13
I wouldn't say my friends aren't literate, they just can't spell. They use me as a human thesaurus/dictionary/spell check, because I usually know what they need to spell, different ways to say something, etc. I've even been asked how to spell words by teachers.

I have friends who asked me how to spell some words on MSN, and I think it's quite a strange thing to do since if they're on the internet they can use dictionary.com and other sites for reference.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

diazinon

2,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:41 am
I'd say about 5.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:44 am
On AIM, my friends and I are really relaxed. We don't capatilize anything usually and we don't put periods at the end of our messages unless it contains more than one sentence, everything else is pretty much grammar-friendly. That's really it, save for a couple of people that really don't know how to spell.  

Sheep Kitchen

Wheezing Ladykiller

snazy-a-tastic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:13 am
Any of the friends that talk (type) with me often do. When I'm chatting online with friends, it's to relax. I don't like to spend my relaxation time trying to figure out what someone's trying to say. wink That, and, the people I talk with the most these days are going through school for print-journalism like me, so you know they can type.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:50 pm
User Image
All of them. I just don't know If I could tolerate having a friend who p.m.'s me in "txt tlk"

User Image  

[Oh Johnny]

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:57 pm
The MoUsY spell-checker

I have friends who asked me how to spell some words on MSN, and I think it's quite a strange thing to do since if they're on the internet they can use dictionary.com and other sites for reference.

They probably don't even know what Dictionary.com is or maybe even what a dictionary is. dramallama  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff