Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Accidental capatalisations Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:41 pm
I always seem to accidentley capatalise the 'O' in 'You', by accidentley capatalise the making it 'YOu'.

This can be very annoying as I have to go back and fix it!

I was wondering if anyone else accidently (SP?) capatalised letters when typing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:40 pm
I usually do, but I'm used to going back and fixing it right away.  

Sachiko13

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:49 pm
That happens to me all the time! I think my shift key sticks.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:56 am
It happens on occasion but I'm quite used to just slapping the backspace key to fix any mistake I make. My biggest problem is that I sometimes skip words when typing because I think faster than I can type.  

Sheep Kitchen

Wheezing Ladykiller

Fat3 4verruncus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:25 am
Most of the time it happens to me.But not always with you,but also with most,but etc.I accidentaly capitalize them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:29 pm
Yes, I definitely have that nasty habit. Of course, I hit backspace just as quickly. It's now pretty much become a reflex. xD  

xAvenirYuinax

Rutoh-Chan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:50 pm
I'm always having to go back and fix the stuff I've typed because of the cursed shift key. The worst is when it is a whole sentence back. I have this phobia almost of moving my mouse while typing, so I always have to backspace through the entire sentence to fix the second letter of the first or third word. It makes things difficult.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:56 pm
Happens to me all the time. I Loathe it. GAH! See?  

Sighren

Chaotic Emotion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:00 am
Indeed it does happen often. Most keyboards stick on one or two keys, shift being the most common. Mind you, I do not often have this problem. My keyboard is replaced as soon as said sticking takes place. I play countless role playing games and sticky keys are a definate 'NO!'.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:42 pm
I am guilty for that, but i'm working on fixing it  

Parisxx

The One and Only Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:45 pm
Rose the Homicidal Maniac
It happens on occasion but I'm quite used to just slapping the backspace key to fix any mistake I make. My biggest problem is that I sometimes skip words when typing because I think faster than I can type.

sweatdrop I do that when I type and write. :XP:  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:37 pm
Well, I do it often but I leave it like it is. Most people know what I mean and they know that it was a typo. I often do This where I accidently Type a word with a Capital when It shouldn't Be capitalised.  

The Traveling Pikmin

Ryadcakez McShe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:14 pm
That's a daily thing for me. xD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:34 pm
The One and Only Guardian
Rose the Homicidal Maniac

sweatdrop I do that when I type and write. :XP:

I almost always hold the shift key down an extra letter, accidentally, of course. As I stated in a different thread, I'm too heavy on the shift key, especially since I type so fast.

Which is where I was going with this. I type a whole hell of a lot faster than I can think, so I'm usually sitting here halfway through a sentence going 'Nurhur, what was I trying to say again?' It's pretty sad.  

Dreyja

4,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200

Demokritos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:48 pm
I only have that problem because my shift key sticks whenever I type, which brings up a few annoyances since I have to go back and correct it. It's a very consistant problem for me.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff