Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Woah, it loads in three seconds!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rosebud?
  ;!;!;!;!;!;!;!;!:1
View Results

Chikiya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:45 am
So I went back on Sims 1 after a long long time of playing Sims 2. I was amazed. I clicked on the holiday-island icon and laid back and relaxed expecting to have to wait for a few years before it loaded, but wham, it was there in a few seconds! And then I played with my Sims, and I remembered all those things they used to do, like throw a tantrum if they get woken up early, and hum little songs whilst they clean up dishes. It was weird not being able to zoom right in though, which is how I usually play on Sims 2...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:34 pm
haha, I don't even remember what the old sims looks like! I don't have it loaded on my computer, but I still have it. I don't know about all of the ep's though...I'm sure I have most of them still  

athena08905

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:32 pm
Yeah, i found that when I reinstalled all my Sims expansion packs. not only did it not take long to open the game, well...not that long...loading times to go on Vacation or Downtown were...well, miniscule. I wished that the Sims 2 could be that fast.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:30 pm
Ah, the good old days......

I used to laugh whenever the sims sang to themselves, because it was so cute.  

Newly Appointed Secretary

S i m m u l a r

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:49 pm
Yeah I know, a few days ago I went to my friend's house and she had the old sims, It felt so weird just choosing a head and a shirt and top. It was weird how everything was so limited.... and the baby was just a crib, then turned into a kid, But yes, it loading faster was nice, But i still don't think I could go back to the old one sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 am
the thing with the crib is what keeps me from going back. besides, after awhile, all the kids in my neighborhood looked exactly the same cuz i only had them wear like three of the possible outfits, and their faces would all wind up the same!  

ariapaige

RHShipper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:24 am
I felt the same way, over the summer I reloaded the sims 1 onto my pc smile All of a sudden it was so weird with the loading times, I send a sim to magic town through the hole, screen pops up for like 2 seconds then there they are! But I'd never go back to it permenantly, there are too many features I love with the new one ya know? smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:43 am
ariapaige
the thing with the crib is what keeps me from going back. besides, after awhile, all the kids in my neighborhood looked exactly the same cuz i only had them wear like three of the possible outfits, and their faces would all wind up the same!

I actually couldn't stand the kids on the Sims 1. I always used to regret it when I let my sims have children, because then I'd be stuck with a child for eternity. I think I used to have them taken away, or kill them off...how I miss spontaneous combustion...a few rugs, an oven, an entire room in flames...but yeah, I hated the kids but everytime my Sims would say "Should we have a baby?" I'd say "yes"

Stupid...stupid...  

Spoilt_lil_missy

Chikiya

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:39 am
ariapaige
Ha ha yeah, I remember having a family with three kids that all looked the same and wore the same outfit, because they'd all been born that way!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:35 am
The thing that I hated about SIMS was the mortality. The only way a SIM could die was if you killed them, so I had a SIM couple just keep popping out babies! I think they had about 13 children altogether, and I kept sending em off to Military School in groups of three!

Anyone done the trick of putting their SIM in a room with no doors? Sick but funny!  

Paine Fury

7,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Edward 100

miname_sohma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:39 pm
I haven't played the Sims since I got the Sims 2 eek ... wow, it's been 3 years! Woow. It's been a while. Who knows, maybe I'll check out the sims again just for fun one of these days when I'm bored out of my mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:09 pm
I have sims wif all ep's installed... but it's been well over six months since I played it, and i think it took FOREVER to load... my computer fails crying  

Royaca

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

XxX_Hatame_XxX

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:15 pm
its weird goint back to sims 1 ,cuz im so used to playing sims 2,do u know if they're comeing out with a sims 3?  
The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games