Many Paths to Gothdom Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:50 pm
Alright, this started as a mini rant from the old thread, so I thought it would be good to place here as well. ^_^

lurichan
Everyone has their own way of going about things. Some people like more mainstream music like what is played on most rock stations, others seek out the more subtle variations. There are many different angles to approach it, and many different roads that lead towards the same general path. Some people start with music, others with poetry, and even some start with cloths and find more from there. It doesn't really matter though, because people are still people and whether they fit neatly into a lable or if they are just themselves they are what they are, and if they are happy with that, than why try to make them feel like they don't belong. Some people believe that the soul of the gothic culture is free thinking and not conforming, others think it's a seperate life style all together. Who is to say what is "The right way"? That is just promoting clicks and elitisim.

So the question becomes what has lead each of us to tread the path we do? What roads lead us to this journey? Answer if you so desire.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:28 am
lurichan
Alright, this started as a mini rant from the old thread, so I thought it would be good to place here as well. ^_^

lurichan
Everyone has their own way of going about things. Some people like more mainstream music like what is played on most rock stations, others seek out the more subtle variations. There are many different angles to approach it, and many different roads that lead towards the same general path. Some people start with music, others with poetry, and even some start with cloths and find more from there. It doesn't really matter though, because people are still people and whether they fit neatly into a lable or if they are just themselves they are what they are, and if they are happy with that, than why try to make them feel like they don't belong. Some people believe that the soul of the gothic culture is free thinking and not conforming, others think it's a seperate life style all together. Who is to say what is "The right way"? That is just promoting clicks and elitisim.

So the question becomes what has lead each of us to tread the path we do? What roads lead us to this journey? Answer if you so desire.
Hmm.. interesting.. yes.. i see what you mena. ti almsot defiens the way i see it.  

Richard Henri LaVigne IV

One Love-One Hate

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:17 am
to be honest, it was music. i guess i always had gothic feelings, but the music helped me express it ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:04 am
See as sad as it sounds I did start out with clothing (and a few close friends) and then moved into poetry, and finally more recently started to listen to more of the music. ^_^  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Antiklion Ingle

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:04 am
Dick_Divine
lurichan

lurichan

Hmm.. interesting.. yes.. i see what you mean. It almost defines the way I see it.

Dont mind me. Dork Tower for me.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:26 pm
i'm not goth.....but i think there clothes are cool  

sgt~cloud

themagikat

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:17 pm
its a shame but in public one can only be "gothic" if they look it. I live in texas and for me, oddly, 85 degrees or higher is waaaay too hot for me, so rarely do i wear all black, especially the baggy black or chains/heavy stuff. (besides, parents = crap and wont let me be myself)

I still consider myself gothic though, as do my friends, and its not really even how i act that "sets me apart". Its my opinions and motives behind actions I take. Its the life on the "darker" side that gets it going. It's the joy once night falls, or the depression, or something. Its just like jocks and sports junkies have that joy at the games or shouting cheers.

long story short: its the hidden emotions and motives behind all the actions that you do that deturmine if youa re gothic or not.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:39 pm
Antiklion Ingle

Dont mind me. Dork Tower for me.

Dork Tower is great though! "Hi I'm Gilly Perky goth. I"ll have the rootie tootie fresh and fruitie with bosin berry sauce please?"  

lurichan
Vice Captain

One Love-One Hate

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:24 am
i know what you mean... my mum actaully said to me that she would rather me wear a cannabis belt than a skull one.. "its more natural." she says. yeah, sure..  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:21 pm
.....There's never been separation, nor a time when it first began. "gothic" has ever held it's place in my soul. Gothic has never been so much the trappings for me as the feeling (or lack thereof, more specifically).  

ceilisidhe

TheKeeperOfLostCatSouls

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:36 pm
Um... It was the cloths. I am more of a dark geek then anything els.

All hail J!ngks!  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:04 pm
i knew i was a bit different from most people but i didnt know what "goth" was until later. Then i realized it, with other things.  

themagikat

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:49 pm
*thinks* I think it started when all my friends ditched me and I started listening to darker music.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:45 pm
ironically im raised in a pretty "protective" household (they think it is anyways) but the music didnt really change until later.  

themagikat

OOKAMI-NIM

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:31 pm
i guesss i'ave always liked the dark side.... also my parent drove me to it with there constent bickering... plus i like rock music... my family doesn't truely know of my being gothic, for if they did i'd be disowned  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff