Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!
322 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:55 pm
Hurray! Somone got stabbed! =P

Also Naruto in demon mode hurray! Though the "not being able to die part of the one conversation made e go Uh uh as soon as Shikamarus crew attacked.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT? THE TENSION IS KILLING ME!!!!(not really)

On another note, no episode 200 =( I want to see how that filler arc turns out...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:10 pm
Shikamaru's skills must've improved. Previously he would have also been cut. Or was he? Now I'm worried. They wouldn't make a mistake like that, would they...? I swear my VERY EXCESSIVE stalking/studying the Nara clan would tell me that damage inflicted upon the shadow caster's enemy would hurt them as well. I have proof before anyone says the complete opposite.

Volume 11, Gaara approaches Lee in the hospital with intentions to kill him. Shikamaru stops him with the shadow. Naruto them punches Gaara. As seen here, Shikamaru is hurt as well.

User Image

Shikamaru was obviously in pain... Does skill make an exception to this rule? Can the laws of the shadows be changed? I was convinced those applied always, which was why Shikamaru had to let go of his enemies quickly before they were attacked, or else he too would be seriously injured or killed.

Syndactyly

Mr._Stabby

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:02 pm
Hmmm...I don't know. I would guess that he just got good enough so that stuff doesnt effect him, as you said. Other wise I have no idea. Mabye they will explain next chapter?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:05 pm
Awesome chapter and it’s only going to get better when Kakuzu joins in, I can’t wait until next week. I thought the same thing Shikalee, either Shikamaru has gotten better, he let go at the last moment, or we got ourselves a continuity error.  

Classic Black Sheep

toshiko1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:36 pm
Classic Black Sheep
Awesome chapter and it’s only going to get better when Kakuzu joins in, I can’t wait until next week. I thought the same thing Shikalee, either Shikamaru has gotten better, he let go at the last moment, or we got ourselves a continuity error.
If he still gets injured...lets just hope he let go at the last moment...e.e

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:07 am
That was a good chapter. I can't wait for next week and the thing with the shadow I would never have thought of until you mentioned it. But looking at them then and now they do look older to me.  

Disgruntled Minion

Fangorn23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:41 am
Shikalee
Shikamaru's skills must've improved. Previously he would have also been cut. Or was he? Now I'm worried. They wouldn't make a mistake like that, would they...? I swear my VERY EXCESSIVE stalking/studying the Nara clan would tell me that damage inflicted upon the shadow caster's enemy would hurt them as well. I have proof before anyone says the complete opposite.

Volume 11, Gaara approaches Lee in the hospital with intentions to kill him. Shikamaru stops him with the shadow. Naruto them punches Gaara. As seen here, Shikamaru is hurt as well.

User Image

Shikamaru was obviously in pain... Does skill make an exception to this rule? Can the laws of the shadows be changed? I was convinced those applied always, which was why Shikamaru had to let go of his enemies quickly before they were attacked, or else he too would be seriously injured or killed.
really? all this time I thought it was just the sudden jerk that caused pain (try holding your head straight then having someone FORCE YOU to face another direction) because I noticed that there was no bruise or even a fist indent in the side of his face  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:56 am
I don't think he gets hurt when the other person does while useing his jutsu. At least, it never cross my mind that that was how his jutsu worked. If memeory severs me right, remember how he fought Temari at the chunin shiken? He didn't get hurt when she slam into that wall. Right?

Anywho, Maybe Asuma will die here and Shikaru goes crazy and kill at least one of the Akatsuki member.. I am hopeing. eek mrgreen  

Mrs Boone

sk8intree

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:49 pm
Shoko86
I don't think he gets hurt when the other person does while useing his jutsu. At least, it never cross my mind that that was how his jutsu worked. If memeory severs me right, remember how he fought Temari at the chunin shiken? He didn't get hurt when she slam into that wall. Right?

Anywho, Maybe Asuma will die here and Shikaru goes crazy and kill at least one of the Akatsuki member.. I am hopeing. eek mrgreen
maybe or like konohamaru will go crazy when the two chuunin exam guys (the guys who stabbed the akatsuki dude) tell him that asuma dies (if he does) and naruto and shikamaru train him. i dont know  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:13 pm
who knows. it had to hurt tho. however akatsuki man is obviously not dead  

sk8intree

sk8intree

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:15 pm
heres how it happened 4 ppl who dont know:

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:28 pm
thats nice of you man, but we wouldnt be posting in this thread if we hadnt read the chapter, afterall who wants the chapter spoiled for themselves? 3nodding  

Fangorn23

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:48 am
Classic Black Sheep
I figured it out. He was using Kage Kubi Shibari instead of Kage Mane. The former literally, "grabs" the enemy while the second bonds them.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:49 am
Fangorn23
Shikalee

User Image

really? all this time I thought it was just the sudden jerk that caused pain (try holding your head straight then having someone FORCE YOU to face another direction) because I noticed that there was no bruise or even a fist indent in the side of his face
I've been punched in the face before and it left no mark. xD
Kage Mane SUPPOSIDLY only controls from the neck down. If Gaara jerked, Shikamaru wouldn't have.
Also, he reaches for his face, as though it hurt. Remember: He's the one in control of Gaara, not the other way around. xD

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:51 am
Shoko86

He let go when he threw the shiruken, but they were both forced to dodge it since it had already been thrown. The only purpose of using Kage Mane on her was to get her to throw the shuruken. It was all a big mindgame. Apparently his mindgames trick a lot of readers as well. xD;  
Recent Translated Manga Discussion - For those who have read the newest translations!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games