Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
Guild Rules and Guidelines [UPDATED! 5TH POST]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enki Ankarian

IRL Mage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:26 pm
Since we didn't have a strict set of rules before, we're getting them now.

No spamming: If you have several questions to ask, don't make seperate threads for the seperate questions. One thread is just as good as 12. That and it's awfully rude to think your questions and thoughts are more important than the 12 topics that get bumped off the first page of the forum because of it.

No repeat topics:
The guild has a whole ton of topics, but not so many as it takes forever to go through the four pages to see if it's been done before. If you have a similar topic, just post in that topic. It'll give some of the older topics light again.

Literacy:
It doesn't have to be perfect diction and grammar, but people should really try their hardest to actually be coherent in their posts. It's harder for the other members of the guild to read if you can't type a proper sentence.

Questioning the Crew: Don't. We're actually large, carnivorous dinosaurs in the disguise of pirates and anything that is even deemed as questioning our authority or final decisions will be treated as talk of mutiny and we'll eat you.

Returning after Being Banned: Don't. Once found again, you will be banned once more. Being banned means you aren't WANTED in this guild. You are not what this guild was looking for in a member. Even if you're on a different account, we'll still know it's you, and we'll ban you again. Just move on, there's other PotC guilds to choose from, and instead of getting snippy about it, just join those instead of creating drama for the guild and work for the crew. If you're banned more than twice in this guild and insist on coming back, we WILL take the case to the Gaia Mods.

Movie related posts belong in the main forum. Anything else belongs in the other forums.

Since this is a work in progress list, we as crew and captain are allowed to change and work on these rules to our whims and needs.

You will get two warnings before a ban, unless you've been breaking the rules repeatedly, in which case, it's an insta-ban. You will get no warnings if you've been banned before.

Guidelines to being a good poster in this guild:

Think before you type. Read over what you wrote before you press 'submit'. I cannot tell you how many times I've had the desire to truncate some posts here due to the utter fangirl flailing that I've found. If you cannot control your squeeling, don't post. Please.
Emoticon rape is BAD I love you all, you should know that. But for the love of god, stop using fifteen emoticons in one three sentence post. You can sum up your emotions in ONE emote, that's what they're there for.
Respect other's opinions. Just because you love ___ and the other person hates them, doesn't give you the permission to lash out at them. Likewise for beliefs. As a general rule of courtesy, please do not put down another's religious beliefs, sexuality (their own or, you know, character speculation) and CERTAINLY do not call names. That's just childish, we're pirates, not kindergarteners.
Do not harrass the other guildmembers Post-stalking is not nice. Which is to say, following someone around just to post after them, for good or bad purposes, is annoying. biggrin
Professing love for ___ Fine, I've no issue with it. Nobody should. But claiming them as yours, and fighting with others about it? Naughty. I'll slap someone's wrists for that sort of behaviour.

Guidelines aren't actually RULES, but they're just common sense. I know you all have brains, just use 'em and you'll be better off, aye?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:01 am
3nodding
These rules go into effect immediately. Most people have been doing a great job being good without rules, but these are just here so people won't complain.

hydroh
Crew

mystikdreamer
Vice Captain

Mystical Dreamer

13,675 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:20 pm
If you have an idea for a rule that you think we should have, then PM one of us Mods. We'll talk to each other and decide whether or not we want to include it in the rules. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:08 pm
Also, if a thread is in danger of being deleted because no one has posted in it for at least a month, please do not revive it by randomly bumping it or posting something just to revive it.  

Seltae
Captain

hydroh
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:22 pm
New rule: Please only make topics with actual discussion in them. Just posting a quiz, or chainletter, or link to a site, and saying "Wasn't that cool!?" is not allowed. Generally, if your original post can be answered with a yes or no, and cannot be elaborated upon, it is not a discussable topic. Thanks.

Welcome To The Deck Luv

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games