Manga for Submission

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkreavers

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:43 am
Hello all,

I am looking for a few individuals with quality skills to join together and do a submission for a manga to try for a serious submission to a independent publishing company. I do have some inside contacts with some of the editors, and they told me that if I am able to come up with a solid submission that it is possible for them to print and release through the publishers. If you are interested I am trying to organize a serious group. Please send me a pm to talk about if you are insterested in attempting such a feat.

Thank you very much..

Darkreavers

I am going to post this in another guild I am in as well, but this seems to be a fitting place to post it as well.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:57 am
smile that seems cool...
sweatdrop i would probably partisipate... but i have other... er... things to do at the time.... sweatdrop srry...  

ke-chan

Darkreavers

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:21 am
Well I understand and it is always difficult to get people here on gaia to put the full effort forward, and for that reason if you have other things I am happy that you have taken interest, but I would want your full attention. Maybe at a later time then.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:45 am
It really would be quite hard to get something like this together. For one thing You don't know everyone here and the only way to communicate is online. You have no ideae how busy the persons schedule is going to be and how reliable they are going to be on getting what you need done, done. A lot of times people are not on at the same time and it is just really hard to organize and get everything and everyone to participate, I find it to be an interesting idea but I do not know if anything would be able to come of it because of these reasons.  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cruzle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:31 pm
PsychoAce56
It really would be quite hard to get something like this together. For one thing You don't know everyone here and the only way to communicate is online. You have no ideae how busy the persons schedule is going to be and how reliable they are going to be on getting what you need done, done. A lot of times people are not on at the same time and it is just really hard to organize and get everything and everyone to participate, I find it to be an interesting idea but I do not know if anything would be able to come of it because of these reasons.

Unfortunately, I second that... I want to submit a Portfolio or manga or something to Tokyopop, but I'd have to do it on my own time... I'm so sorry~ But I wish you the best of luck!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:10 am
Cruzle
PsychoAce56

Unfortunately, I second that... I want to submit a Portfolio or manga or something to Tokyopop, but I'd have to do it on my own time... I'm so sorry~ But I wish you the best of luck!
sweatdrop i agree also. it would just be too difficult and time consuming.  

thief_larka129

5,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100

thief_larka129

5,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:12 am
maybe u can't get a group together to write the whole submission but u could still get ideas and advice from tons of people. thats gotta help u in some way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:29 am
The funny thing is many from the independent studios that publish paper comics don't live next to each other but quite far from each other. It isn't really about distance it is about procrastination and the inner strength to actually keep your self going. It is about self motivation and professionalism.  

Darkreavers

yukii

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:29 pm
ninja i'd help.. but as for my experience with online projects and etc.............. >>
Its not the best. o__o if anything.. i could colour.. rawr.

but don't count on it. >> i get lazy if not motivated.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:58 am
Id be able to help out.Ive got five weeks of holiday boredom ahead of me otherwise  

Anise Murete

5,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Kitty_Kawaii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:33 pm
Darkreavers, are you an artist or a writer? I'm a writer and have been planning on submitting a pitch to Tokyopop for a while, but I'd like to find an artist to work with on the submission. Your post didn't give me a whole lot of information and I don't know what exactly you're looking for. Let me know a little bit more about this project and I might be interested in working with you.  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games