Thoughts of the Future

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Athiel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:56 am
So.
Earlier today I was enjoying my daily 3 hour bus trip that I have to endure in order to get home after school.
This sometimes inspires me to think about things that are, quite frankly, of no use for mankind whatsoever.
In spite of this, I intend to share one little troubling thought that suddenly appeared in my mind somewhere upon the lonely highway.

Children. They will be our future someday. Just like the young of today.
What about the children that are not yet born?
Perhaps your children?
Surely we all have friends to some extent, people we see as Good People. But what about the others? The pityful, spineless rabble we are forced to come in contact with on a daily basis? The people who Might mock you for the way you dress, for the way you think, or simply Because of the fact that you Do think?

Of course, these people can be ignored. But alas, here comes my point. Let's say that you intend to have offspring of your own, of course you wish nothing but the best for them. But what if, for reasons you could not control, things go wrong, and your child grows up to become the very same loathsome being you once despised so bad?

The scene is set.
Now please, I'm really interested in your reactions.

- It should be pressed that I have no desire to ever get kids of my own.

(I hope I do not bore you with my writing.)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:05 am
I have no plans for children to ever enter my life, but I can still see the tangent that you've set forth as an intersting one.

Although good parents try to do everything in their power to mold and shape their children into good people, there is little they can do if they decide to go down a different road. Usually there are a few options. One is to love them despite what they've become. A second is to disown them and to simply turn a blind eye. The last one I come up with is trying to change them.

Let's face it though. If you haven't done everything in your power for a child when they are young, they won't listen to you by the time they are a teenager. If you wait that long to offer assitance, then you are already a few years too late. Children need love, support, and nurturing when they are young and still developing mentally and emtionally. You can't wait till they are "intersting to talk to" to try to change them.

I hope that made enough sense. My time is a bit limited at the moment.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:08 am
Truthfully, I'm not entirlly shure what I would do. I would probably blame myself for letting this happen a bit, but it's there life not mine. They would still be my kids.

I don't want to have any children and can't see that happening in my future at all so...I most likely wont have to ever deal with this. I hope.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:21 am
This is a topic to which I have considered quite a bit. The conclusions that I have come to are that during the infant years, my children will be exposed to many different things and people, and music. I will not restrict them from exploring. Also, because of my fiance being Inuk, I will want them to grow up for a few years in the North, so they can learn of their culture and language.

One of my friends has a son in Ontario who she would put Marilyn Manson music to her stomach when she was pregnant with him, he is like 6 now and is one of the sweetest boys you would meet. He loves manson and is in absolute awe of anyone who dresses freaky, he thinks its beautiful. ^_^
He is also aloud to watch horror movies if he wants and he understands that they are fake.

So, listening to Manson as a baby will not screw you up! razz  

VividGreenDawn

ieatyourtclol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:38 am
This vaguely brought to mind Conan O'brians: "In the year 2000" sketch.

While my opinions might not be as elaborate as say, Luris - scream , it shall suffice.

If a child of my own creation assumes the very same character as those I despise, it would be depressing.

. _ .

I would most likely treat it, as I do those. There are so many variables to consider though. Base thought: I would ignore and disown him/her.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:17 pm
Some day I shall have children of my own, and I shall bring them up to become scientists. Just as my parents did with me.  

UraniumMonk

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:44 pm
This is one of the many reasons I don't ever wanna have kids. Because I would absolutely hate them if they became like so many I see in the popular culture of today. I'm sorry. Perhaps you disagree with me, thinking that's not a reason to hate my kid. But that's why I'm not fit to be a parent, I guess. Doesn't bother me. There's no room in my life for any children. I'd be damned if they'd be handed so easily what I had to fight for. Plus, they ruin marriages. You ever notice that? Yeah, screw kids, man.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:28 pm
I don't like kids, I can't stand kids, they are a burden upon society, a mess, and not something that I will ever deal with upon my own free will.  

Alandiel_Darksbane

Friendly Genius

5,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200

GreedsLittleEdo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:49 pm
If I even had any kids in the future, I'll raise them the way my mom did with me. If they become loathsome idiot's, by all mean, I'll let them if they wanna have their life ruin. Granted I'll want the best for them, but I can't push them into something they don't want to be or what not. NOW, if they don't want to do anything and living under my roof not going to school or no job, this will turn into a different story of someone yelling, telling them to get a job or get out.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:58 pm
I'm a firm believer of nurture over nature, but I still wouldn't want to play a part in the creation of a kid. I just can't see forcing someone to live in a cramped world where competition will only escalate.
Although I'd make sure my kid could speak three languages and was fully equipped to rend, tear, and devour his/her enemies...hmm...could be fun.  

Silenus Slade

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:09 pm
No son/daughter of mine is going to be a preppy...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:33 pm
i dont even see much a future for anyone  

PAPER MARlO

xX-Thumbelina-Xx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:17 pm
Aslong as they aren't hurting themselves or others I'm okay with whatever they become!

My son or daughter could turn out to be the 2nd Hilary Duff/Jesse McCartney, but as long as they were happy with themselves I would be happy with them too! heart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:01 am
xX~Breaking_Free~Xx
Aslong as they aren't hurting themselves or others I'm okay with whatever they become!

My son or daughter could turn out to be the 2nd Hilary Duff/Jesse McCartney, but as long as they were happy with themselves I would be happy with them too! heart

That's a mighty selfless thought.
But would you Really be okay with it if, say, they started doing drugs and hanging out with guys 15 years older than themselves?
(I know a few people like this, the scary part being, they don't even seem to realize the risks.)  

Athiel

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:36 am
well, I don't have any interest in havning children really. But if an accident as such did happen...

The only person that I MIGHT ever raise children with is much like me. He is a thinker. My children wouldn't be able to escape conversations about philosophy, and quantum physics or whatever the hell else we want to discuss. But if they do grow up to be like all those classmates That I am so fed up with, Of couse I'll still love my children. I'm not sure what I'd do about it though...  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games