Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Snakes&Goths Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Ruler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:17 pm
I have a pet snake and my Horticulture teacher has one as well everytime I hold the snake my teacher has or if I walk around with mine on people give me weird looks and I finally found out why snakes are FEARED and I'm seen as weird for NOT being afraid of them but embracing them I personally think snakes are cool creatures and should not be feared but others think they are evil and deserve to be feared I just want your opinions  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:55 pm
They're just given a bad rap. Fact is, humans are no worse...  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:59 pm
User Image

You didn't know?

Most people fear at least one species.
=/

Snakes are quite popular for being 'killer reptiles' and things like that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:16 pm
Dead_Ed
They're just given a bad rap. Fact is, humans are no worse...

exactly....  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:46 pm
In terms of relation to the Goth-culture?

I've never really seen a connection between goths and snakes. Snakes seem more of a punk thing, along with rottweilers. Bats, ravens, and spiders tend to be more popular in goth iconography.

In terms of general pets?

People always think that snakes are weird pets, but they're no different than turtles or any other reptiles: sorta slow, lazy beasts.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm
quite frankly, all i have to say about snakes is, "Ive had it with these ******** snakes on this ******** plane."  

Southern Belles

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:07 pm
eh, neutral.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:33 pm
[ automatic girl ]
quite frankly, all i have to say about snakes is, "Ive had it with these ******** snakes on this ******** plane."

Amen, awesome movie.  

Royoka

Royoka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:35 pm
I love snakes, but I tend to stay away from the venomous ones. Alas, I think human-kind has a lot to learn about wildlife.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:15 pm
Royoka
[ automatic girl ]

Amen, awesome movie.

The only redeeming factor that movie has is Sammy Jackson. I was really unsatisfied.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:34 pm
Snakes are cool... until they try to go near my bird. Yes, I love my pet bird very much, even if it is just a parakeet....  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:41 pm
I love snakes. Even the venomous ones. Doesn't mean I'll handle them, though. That's not out of fear, that's just not taking the risk of getting bitten.

I don't fear any animal, seeing as I could easily kill them and vice-versa. I treat them as my equal, and respect them all.  

2aetH

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:13 pm
It really depends on the snake. I've never really been afraid of snakes too much, just a little nervous about venomous snakes in general. I've handled a few snakes and known people who have had them as a pet, so I don't mind that they like my hands and how warm I am, but I would never have one as a pet for myself. I wouldn't be able to feed them the mice.

I suppose a lot of people equate snakes with the symbolism from the bible about the serpant and the apple, and that has given snakes a bit of a bad reputation. However, I think a lot of more recent animal documentries have been portraying snakes in a more positive light, so perhaps at least a few of the negative sterotypes that surround them have been discredited slightly.

I have a vivid memory of when I was in elementry school there was an assembly where there were a variety of snakes brought in, and kids were allowed to pet one of the boa constrictors. I think things like that really do a lot to help give people a more level headed perception of snakes than anything else.

As for snakes being "goth" or not I think it's a bit of a toss-up really. I've known a few people (including the owner of a local goth store that went under) that have kept snakes as pets, but I don't really associate it one way or another with the goth culture.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:22 am
Well, getting all swollen and red, wriggle about in pain for a few minutes and then die. That's not really an enticing thought, now is it?
That's about all I've got against venomous snakes.
But then, that could happen with a bunch of sadistic buffalos as well!  

Athiel

SaiBlackNight

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:31 am
SNAKES!!!!!

I like snakes. They're fun. I like reptiles.

Spiders though...::shivers::

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces