Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Build or Live?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Greenzally

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:09 am
Ive noticed that people are different in what they prefer to do with their time on the sims.

Some spend hours. Days. Building really extravagant houses for their sims.
Others make a square box and decorate it slightly inside.

Im one of the 'others'
Before i make a family I have their entire life plans layed out in my head. What their house looks like is not important. I build 4 walls. make it decent enough and play.

I believe I get over excited. eek

So, Sim 2-ers. How do you play?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:27 am
When I get a house, I have a theme. It's got to match, and look nice, as well as be easily acessible. I always have an upstairs AND downstairs bathroom (seeing as I usually play 2+ families). The bathroom is always blue, because I like the blue bath-tub and toilet. Recently I have started putting a "study" in the bottom floor, which has the bookcase, easel, piano and computer in there, so the kids put their homework in there.

The living room is usually always red, as it looks nice. The kitchen is usually black, with lace curtains. The dining room is a sort of wood/beige affect, with a grandfather clock in it (which someone ends up breaking anyway).

I use curtains EVERYWHERE, they add to the environment and look really good. I can spend ages making a house look right, it's aesthetically pleasing. Don't always have a garden but will at least have an area which someone can sit down (usually the kids when waiting for the bus to school).

So yeah, I spend a lot of time (and money, thank you "kaching) on a house, as usually they stay in that house for 2 generations.  

Paine Fury

7,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Edward 100

Newly Appointed Secretary

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:59 am
I make the family, move them into a 5x5 lot, build their houses, and play them.

I'm kinda like you, too. I have their life planned out in my head already. The thing is, I've never actually got around to doing those certain things, mainly because I've been starting things over.

But not anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:02 am
I do a little of both. I like them to have really nice houses, but I also really take a lot of time in planning their lives. There are times when I will spend a TON of time on a house, and times when I just want one decent enough for a new family to move into. It really just depends on how into the thing I'm doing I am...  

Sweet_Melissad

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:45 pm
I used to build or download really big extravagant houses for my Sims...download more often than build, I'm a terrible builder...and then live out their lives, I'm much more interested in playing than building.

But then the game just would lag and one day I had a single Sim in a really small lot and it ran perfectly! So I moved all my Sims out of their big homes, demolished them, and replaced them all with the smallest/cheapest home that comes with nightlife. They didn't even notice the difference and now the game runs better, especially with the 5 or so Sims I'll have living on a lot, and I can have fun trying to make the houses as different as possible without changing them structurally.

I've decided that unless you have a very good computer, which I don't, then big houses are just overrated.

My Sims live the SIMple life...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:32 pm
I love building houses. So far I have made about 30 to 45 houses and its still growing! heart  

Territorial Art

The Mighty Enchilada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:50 pm
I'm more like you. I don't even take the time to build their house...I move them into one of the pre-made ones. xD and decorate some.
Then I play. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:05 pm
I make all my houses the same. I make one, then put it in my houses bin and then put the same house all over the neighbourhood and all my sims live in it.  

Chikiya

Royaca

4,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:30 pm
I'm building a house (castle) for an extravagant series about a royal family I plan on putting on thesims2.ea.com and I've done an hour on it already and I'm not even done with the pool/garden courtyard and the surrounding walls. I can tell this is going to load slowly already.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:32 am
I kinda do both...

I build big pretty houses and I also plan out how my sim family is going to live...

is that strange?

meblabla123

Toxic Kiss_x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:46 am
I go on build a lot because i like my houses to look nice, but I live the most. I like to get things done!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:16 am
I spend ages deciding on what the family will look like (clothes and makeup and stuff) and then I spend ages building and decorating their house. I'm not that bothered about live mode, they never seem to obey me.  

xMelody

-Jeff_Gordon_Girl_2008-

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:27 am
here this is a list of sims
Unleashed
Vacation
Superstar
House Party
Makin Magic

here is the list of sims 2
The sims 2
The sims 2 University