Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Counted Cross stitch for money....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakura Revolution

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:40 pm
I've foudn the cutest pattern, and am making a few copies of it to sell. (Stitched copies, not photocopies.)...

well, it SAYS "I'm a Mormon and I'm Proud"

Well, I'm switching out Mormon for "Mother" on this one, and have realized I can use the second version (which fetures a little boy hanging on baloons, as opposed to a little girl on this one and have it say "Father"

Well, I've graphed out changes to the balloons to say:

Mother
Father
Sister
Brother

Is it worth the time to make ones with other words, like gramma, grampa, aunt uncle, so on?

Will they sell do you think?

anythign else I might wanna try?

I'll try to get a picture of the pattern up, but I'd appreciate the input!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:06 pm
That sounds cute. I bet it would be pretty popular at craft fairs and such.  

knitting_needle_ninja

Zahra Ovaci

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:38 am
See if the pattern maker allows this first. Some do, some don't, and you don't want to get into trouble smile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:18 am
Neat idea. Sounds like some of the booths I've seen at the local farmer's market.  

Trekkette

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:04 pm
Zahra Ovaci
See if the pattern maker allows this first. Some do, some don't, and you don't want to get into trouble smile

I agree, make sure you're not breaking any copyright laws first. If it makes allowances for the finished product to be sold, then go for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:14 am
Zahra Ovaci

The pattern is free for use by anyone, so long as it is not sold for "unholy profit"

Seriously.... that is in the cover.... sweatdrop

I figure my college account isn't unholy....

cool  

Sakura Revolution

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:03 am
Sakura Revolution
Zahra Ovaci

The pattern is free for use by anyone, so long as it is not sold for "unholy profit"

Seriously.... that is in the cover.... sweatdrop

I figure my college account isn't unholy....

cool

Haha, nice! Well, if I might make a suggestion; pre-make some of the pictures without filling in the balloon and then ask the buyers what they want it to say. (I'd have a list a pre-graphed words for them to choose from) It should take less that a day to stitch the word in and then it's like a custom order for them. This probably wouldn't work at craft fairs or anything where people buy immediately from you, but it'll work for friends and neighbors where you can deliver the finished product.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games