Is make-up necessary? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:55 pm
I don't wear make-up. Even with the things I believe in, I choose not to be one of the types to grease my face.

But, I'm not the only one here, so everyone, feel free to add your opinions.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:17 pm
To each his own.

I personally do not wear make-up either. If I'm going to a party or formal event, I may use some pressed powder to even out my skin tones, but otherwise, I've never really used it.

As for the relation between goth and make-up, there's not a strong connection. Many goths wear little or no make-up, but it's rarely noticed because it's not uncommon. It's just that there are quite a few goths who choose more liberal use of make-up, and it stands out because it seems unusual.  

GilAskan
Crew

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:35 pm
It's....make-up. Eh.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:41 pm
I know. It's just there's lots of goths that do wear make-up so I wanted to know if I wasn't the only one who doesn't.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:52 pm
i dont even use normal girly makeup, no lipgloss touched these lips.
but of special occasions like hallows eve i do the goth makeup look, and for other religious purposes  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:10 pm
At times yes, but it's nothing that stands out too much most of the time.
Usualy, just eyeshadow or something with my lips.

More often than not, I just don't wear any.
I'm ususaly too tired in the morning to do anything like that without screwing up.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:01 pm
I'm not all that big of a fan of spending time and energy on doing make-up (unless I'm going out on an actual dinner date or somewhere I actually want to draw attention to myself or if I want to feel pretty) so about 90% of the time or so I just go all natural. Even when i do actually feel in the mood for make-up I usually just go for a few light things here and there.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:26 pm
I suppose that depends on how ugly one percieves themselves to be.

Make-up is never nessecary, just a want.

ieatyourtclol

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:35 pm
Deific Requiem
I suppose that depends on how ugly one percieves themselves to be.

Make-up is never nessecary, just a want.

Very true.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:38 pm
I'm pretty cool with my features, I like use various colors of eyeshadows to match my clothing, enough eyeliner to draw attention to my eyes, and a sheer red lipgloss for school. For special occasions, I'll add foundation, powder, mascara, more neutral eyeshadow colors, and a lipstick that's a little darker than my natural lip color.

...But sometimes I'm too lazy to do all that. And that doesn't even count stage makeup ^^

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

[ Die Katze ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:40 pm
i usually put all the makeup on, the foundation, powder, eyeshadow [ to match clothing, usually ] some eyeliner and mascara.

but i've been sick, and just plain lazy, so it's been reduced to powder and mascara. sometimes a bit of eyeliner.

and yet again, does nowhere near include the stage makeup for when i have shows.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:59 pm
Oh yes! Make-up is absolutely essential for Gothness. White stage make-up or powder is 'the' goth essential. As for eyeliner, the bigger and swirlier, the better. Adding glitter works well too. Try to make yourself look like The Crow, and you'll be the hippest goth in town. Black lipstick is really quite the necessity as well, but dark red works well if you're going for a more ...red look. If you can, find some fake fangs and put those in as well. Not only will they look really really cool, they can be used to actually scare people! People will think you are a real Vampire! Coloured contacts work well for that too, especially the red or light light blue ones. Freeeaky!

lol  

trampyre

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:01 am
::hopes that trampyre's post was a joke::

I wear makeup.

Not always, the majority of the time. So 95% of the time I do have makeup of some sort on.

I never coat my face in anything. I have a very light white powder that I really only use for the purposes of matting my complexion. Can't stand shineyness.

Other than that I stick to my eyes and lips. My lips are always a dark red - that is, if I colour them. If not I just use Burt's Bees. hehe.

My eyes are always the focal point. Usually reds and blacks. Somedays I feel compelled to be nutty and do extravagant things with my makeup, but more often than not it's just simple colourings.

I will interject on myself and say that I do not wear makeup as a means of hiding my real face. I do not find myself unattractive or feel the need to try and make myself look better. I just really enjoy playing around with makeup. If it was decreed that I couldn't wear makeup ever again, it surely wouldn't be the end of the world.

3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:30 am
I'm never seen without eyeliner......Every once and awhile i'll wear black lipstick..But other than that i don't wear much make-up.  

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Athiel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:28 am
trampyre
Oh yes! Make-up is absolutely essential for Gothness. White stage make-up or powder is 'the' goth essential. As for eyeliner, the bigger and swirlier, the better. Adding glitter works well too. Try to make yourself look like The Crow, and you'll be the hippest goth in town. Black lipstick is really quite the necessity as well, but dark red works well if you're going for a more ...red look. If you can, find some fake fangs and put those in as well. Not only will they look really really cool, they can be used to actually scare people! People will think you are a real Vampire! Coloured contacts work well for that too, especially the red or light light blue ones. Freeeaky!

lol

Oh, I do love a bit of well-placed sarcasm in the evening! heart

Anyway.
If someone could teach me how to apply whiteness And preserve my dignity at the same time, I would. ><  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff