Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Demon? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Autumn Falls13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:11 pm
Ok, I was hangin out with my guitar teacher and we got on to the topic of magic, demons, etc. He was telling me a story about when he was younger. As to protect the Identity we will call him John.

John carves tobacco sticks into walking sticks and stuff like that. One day this guy walked into where he worked and asked him if he could carve him one with some symbols on it. John's sticks are kind of pricy. The man payed up front without any questions. So he carved the stick and the man collected it. Later on the man came back to where he worked and asked him for another favor. The man asked John to carve a stake with certain symbols in it. The man again payed up front, but more than the stake was worth. So John carves the stake, The man collects it. Later on, the man calls John at his house, tells him to meet him. He said he had a $50,000 project. Of course John jumped at the money. He met the man. (John told me his eyes looked like empty sockets. He doesn't get scared easily but he was pretty scared.) The man tells him that if he flies up to new york and makes 500 of these stakes, he will be payed at least $50,000. John was kind of wary on account of the time it takes just to make one. John said he didn't think he could do it, so the man said, "Come with me, and I'll show you something that will take away all your doubts." (later on he found out the man wanted him to come with him to an abandoned butchery). John was trying to make any excuses to not go. The man called John's parents and told him he'd be back later. The man wouldn't let john talk to his parents untill his dad told him to put him on. John's dad said to tell the guy he would meet him. So he relayed that message. The man agreed. John got ahold of his friend Ed (who was into the demonology stuff. And he owned a shotgun) who came with him. They showed up there at the designated time, The man didn't show. He later heard from several occult book store owners that it was, in fact, a demon, but the next day he got a call from someone who said he was committed at the local looney bin and had escaped.

I wanna know what you guys think.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:20 pm
Sound smore like a loony to me, and a potentially dangerous one. While the account in and of itself is detailed, I wouldn't consider it containing the details necessary to clearly label the man in question as a demon; the occult bookstore owners saying definatively that it was a demon is the only thing to give me serious pause. They sound just as sketchy as the guy to me.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:25 pm
me from another forum
It's a freaky story.

I don't think the guy was a demon. Its much more likily that the guy was an escaped mental patient or just a random insane guy *this in no way makes the story less scary, in fact to me it makes the story scarier*.

However part of what you have to take into account at my response is that I don't believe in evil. I reserve any solid feelings about demons existance, but demon in the traditional sense of something clearly evil doesn't really work for me.

I also am very unlikily to believe in physical manifestation of any supernatural creature. Sure they can make themselves known but it takes a fair deal of power and effort to completely manifest in this reality, so again that makes me believe not a demon.

And as far as possession, I see no reason to suspect that or any reason to suspect supernatural actions.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:07 pm
Well anyone wanna explain the solid black eyes?  

Autumn Falls13

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:35 pm
Not being a medical professional, I can't offer anything conclusive in the way of an explanation, nor do I have enough in details. Over dialated pupils can give the effect of pure black eyes from a bit of a distance; it depends on how close they were standing together.

There's also the possibility of poor lighting, shadows, and a trick of the mind itself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:41 pm
Gypsy Blue
Not being a medical professional, I can't offer anything conclusive in the way of an explanation, nor do I have enough in details. Over dialated pupils can give the effect of pure black eyes from a bit of a distance; it depends on how close they were standing together.

There's also the possibility of poor lighting, shadows, and a trick of the mind itself.
i have to agree autumn the whole black eye thing dose sound kinda funddi ish to me  

MOD66

Autumn Falls13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:15 pm
They were in a lighted resteraunt. I doubt it wouldve been the light.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:16 pm
Autumn Falls13
i though John said that they were on his parents porch  

MOD66

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:26 pm
Autumn Falls13

My brown eyes have been mistaken for black at some times...don't ask me why. It may be the same problem here for this guy.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:52 am
Twack
Autumn Falls13
nah, he said they were on the patio thing outside of coolies  

Autumn Falls13

MOD66

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:35 pm
Autumn Falls13
Twack
Autumn Falls13
nah, he said they were on the patio thing outside of coolies
Ah i know that place ok, yah idk  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:22 pm
Darkness isn't the only thing that can dialate the eyes.

Drugs and um...being sexually aroused can do it.

MysticalBlueRse

Autumn Falls13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:33 pm
MysticalBlueRse

Who are we talking about. John or the freaky dude?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:02 pm
Autumn Falls13
MysticalBlueRse

Who are we talking about. John or the freaky dude?
Freaky dude i know john dosen't swing on that tree  

MOD66

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:32 pm
If we had the marking that were carved into the stake and the walking stick then people could probably tell you if it was demon related or the guy was just wacked out of his gord but since we dont have them. Im going to go with the guy had insomnia wether it was drug induced or not i dont really know or care. Which made his eyes looking sunken in a dark and perhaps even make him look demon like lack of sleep can really take a toll on your body. Im also going witht he guy is a couple sandwhichs short of a piknik.

But who knows it could have been a demon possesing someones body. It just makes me wonder what he wanted to show John or was he just going to chop him up! I know it was a plan to take over the world and john foiled it by bringing his friend and dad into it! darn medeling parents!  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff