Submit

What do you think of it?
  It's sick
  It's cool
View Results

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:05 pm
User Image

" On his website, Kimveer Gill lovingly referred to it as ''My rifle,'' and put its picture on display along with photos of his combat boots and his favourite beer.
A little further down, Gill poses in front of a brick wall, pointing the gun, a Beretta CX4 Storm semi-automatic rifle, towards the sky. He is smiling broadly.
Gill, 25, used that gun and had two others, a 12-gauge shotgun and a 9-mm pistol, under his black trench coat when he went on his murderous Dawson College rampage in Montreal on Wednesday."
- The montreal Gazette.

September 13, 2006 Kimveer Gill, a "death goth" dressed in black and carrying a gun. He killed someone I knew, severely injured a girl who used to go to my school, along with 17 other people.
He murdered Anastasia DeSousa at Dawson college, a school where my best friend's sister goes, where one of my good friends was and where hundreds of students attend to.

The killer who had once attended the same school and for an uknow cause starts shooting randomly at the students closest who had done nothing to provoke him.
video

So how cool is this? Not at all.

So why is it that some people that I've met who label themselves "goth" find people like this so cool? How is it that so many people like to consider themselves cold hearted and willing to kill for nothing?
(please note that I'm not talking about every person that labels themself goth)

I made this thread for two reasons. First, to talk about the tragic event and secondly to talk about what I think of these certain people. Feel free to express your opinion upon the two subjects.

Thank you for reading,
Olivia

small edit:I just noticed that a thread about the murder was already made but it WAS a goth that murdered Anastasia so I have to say that I'm pretty much against that thread.
There are good and bad people of all kinds.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:29 pm
I didn't think much of it other than it was the dumbest thing I had heard all week. Not for a cause, not for any real reason other than to be some sort of badass. Pointless and stupid, even devoid of aesthetic value.  

Silenus Slade

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:05 pm
Silenus Slade
I didn't think much of it other than it was the dumbest thing I had heard all week. Not for a cause, not for any real reason other than to be some sort of badass. Pointless and stupid, even devoid of aesthetic value.
User Image

What I'm saying or what the guy did?
D:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:38 pm
Dearest Darling`
User Image

" On his website, Kimveer Gill lovingly referred to it as ''My rifle,'' and put its picture on display along with photos of his combat boots and his favourite beer.
A little further down, Gill poses in front of a brick wall, pointing the gun, a Beretta CX4 Storm semi-automatic rifle, towards the sky. He is smiling broadly.
Gill, 25, used that gun and had two others, a 12-gauge shotgun and a 9-mm pistol, under his black trench coat when he went on his murderous Dawson College rampage in Montreal on Wednesday."
- The montreal Gazette.

September 13, 2006 Kimveer Gill, a "death goth" dressed in black and carrying a gun. He killed someone I knew, severely injured a girl who used to go to my school, along with 17 other people.
He murdered Anastasia DeSousa at Dawson college, a school where my best friend's sister goes, where one of my good friends was and where hundreds of students attend to.

The killer who had once attended the same school and for an uknow cause starts shooting randomly at the students closest who had done nothing to provoke him.
video

So how cool is this? Not at all.

So why is it that some people that I've met who label themselves "goth" find people like this so cool? How is it that so many people like to consider themselves cold hearted and willing to kill for nothing?
(please note that I'm not talking about every person that labels themself goth)

I made this thread for two reasons. First, to talk about the tragic event and secondly to talk about what I think of these certain people. Feel free to express your opinion upon the two subjects.

Thank you for reading,
Olivia

small edit:I just noticed that a thread about the murder was already made but it WAS a goth that murdered Anastasia so I have to say that I'm pretty much against that thread.
There are good and bad people of all kinds.

To do this for no apparent reason is just sick. Anyone who thinks this is cool is just as sick. I agree with what you say here.  

NyteOwl

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:06 pm
Another retard shots up a school and once again those with the darker thoughts are blamed its pathetic  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:28 pm
How sad...  

Ham-Kun

5,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:21 pm
A lot of outsiders and outcasts have a habit of claiming to be goth simply as a way to fit in with someone. This has lead to quite a bit of the confusion: many mopey, Manson-worshipping, depressed, death-obsessed teenaged outcasts claim to be goth, when they are not.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:41 pm
Dearest Darling`
Silenus Slade
User Image

D:

haha what the guy did of course.  

Silenus Slade

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:41 pm
I seem to notice a lot of people who want to be seen as goth stick to the whole silly "Goths hate everything" thought. Or by saying "All preps should die" they seem to think it rasies their 'gothyness'.

To me, it just seems like people who find this cool just want to be seen as dark or scary.

It's not cool to hate.
We should all be like...nice and stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:39 am
I must say this event pisses me off. I mean, for one, there's the fact that he killed people So pointelssly. And also It's only going to cause the rest of us non-murderous goths more greif. People being hatelful or fearful for now legitimate reason.  

Alice_K8

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:08 am
Silenus Slade
Dearest Darling`
Silenus Slade
User Image

D:

haha what the guy did of course.
User Image

Ah, okay then
xD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:14 am
User Image

I can't belive some people had such lack of morality to say it's cool.
D:

Dearest Darling`

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:30 am
Anyone who would purposely kill another is a sick individual.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:58 pm
Man, I can't believe we almost missed this over here. There was one article on the news on the day, but then it just was forgotten. Stupid UK.

Anyway, I checked some of the papers when they DID actually write anything on this (two days after) and it was amazingly free of accuasations of him being a goth, hell all they said about vampirefreaks was that it was a blog site in one paper (a very unbiased free paper mind though). The Times only mentioned that he was a heavy-metal fan (something tells me there's an undercover goth working for this newspaper), absolutely no mention of goth except : "Gill's blog on the "Goth" website vampirefreaks.com provided a chilling insight into his obsession with guns and death", there are for more mentions of the internet games he played than anything to do with music.

I certainly believe that what the media kicks up a fuss about is what the social taboos of the country it's reported in are, here in the uk it's violent games that are the taboo, not music that makes your ears bleed, so it's the voilent internet games Postal (the player goes on a shooting killing spree) and Super Columbine Massacre (does this need an explanation?...) that are mentioned, hell it doesn't even list what bands he liked.

Was this guy suffering from some severe undiagnosed metal illness? It certainly has hallmarks of some form of sociopathic disorder, or possibly psychopathic disorder, he couldn't have attended this school being 25, so this was possibly more a case of being derenaged then becoming bitter and twisted like the Columbine morons.

There's also a nice little part of the article with comments on his VF account:
Quote:
Congratulations, you finally became the bully you so despised

Quote:
Those kids were just poor players on the same stage - victims of your misguided anger. Trench maimed and killed - a victim of his own delusion

I think those summed this up pretty well.  

Isobel Bellamy

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:32 pm
Too hurt to contain himself...too cowardly to strike at those who pushed him...too weak to cope with it in a truly goth manner.....pathetic, really. The thought of anyone hiding far away and picking off others, reason or no, is appalling.
I can't believe 3 people actually chose the "cool" option. Notice they didn't post said opinion in this thread.....see the similarities?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff