Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Metroid Guild

Back to Guilds

Journey to the very depth of Zebes, the official guild for the Hardcore Metroid Fan. 

Tags: Metroid, Samus, Prime 

Reply The Official Metroid Guild Main Forum
Your worst Metroid game? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your worst?
  Metroid
  Metroid 2: Return of Samus
  Super Metroid
  Metroid Prime
  Metroid Fusion
  Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  Metroid Zero Mission
  Metroid Prime Hunters
View Results

Omega Darkness
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:52 pm
Let's admit it. Process of elimination, there's a Metroid game that just pales in comparison to the others. Which Metroid game did you enjoy the least?

Me: Metroid Prime Hunters.

*Metroid Pinball vote count: 3  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:57 pm
Hunters?! More LIke Pinball god I hate those types of games

if u dont count pinball yeah its hunters  

Card388
Vice Captain

Shadowlit Facade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:52 pm
Gotta go with Pinball. Same thing as those stupid Pokemon and Kirby games, except they had to shame Samus. Why?! Hunters wasn't stellar, either. And I was kind of pissed off by Zero Mission. Do we really need another remake of the original Metroid?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:36 am
Hunters, because the only FPS I'm good at is Halo (1, not 2), and Zero Mission. I do not like remakes. Plus, it had me very confused for a while as to where it was on the timeline. Seriously, no remakes, and especially no remakes if you are going to change the characters and add new things in. NO NO NO.  

Sakana_Izumi

Omega Darkness
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:32 am
About Pinball, technically it's not a Metroid game, just an ordinary pinball game. It's only relevance is that it's a part of the Metroid franchise, so I don't think it's fair that it should count as a part of the series. Just like Pokemon Pinball has almost nothing to do with Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:07 am
For me it'll have to be Metroid 2 Return of Samus. It seemed like the tried too hard to re-make the magic on the original and failed. It's not a terrible game, but it's the worst for me.

It's NOT Pinball because I think that Metroid Pinball in the ONLY pinball game that doesn't just put Samus's face on everything and call it "Metroid Pinball."
What I mean by that is on, say, Sonic Pinball, it's just like any other pinball game except they just put Sonic's face everywhere and made everything look like Sonic.
In Metroid Pinball, you can lay bombs, fight unique bosses, and even fight as Samus for a short while. You can travel to the various areas of Metroid Prime which are nothing like and ordinary pinball game.
There is actually strategy involoved. You can't get very far if you just mash the buttons everytime the Morph Ball comes down to the flippers. And it's just FUN!

And that is why Metroid Pinball is actually one of my favorites. mrgreen  

metroidmania

Card388
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:14 pm
i dont really disagreed with ZM cuz i dont have NES  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:12 pm
ashlander_alpha
Gotta go with Pinball. Same thing as those stupid Pokemon and Kirby games, except they had to shame Samus. Why?! Hunters wasn't stellar, either. And I was kind of pissed off by Zero Mission. Do we really need another remake of the original Metroid?

Yah...when I saw that game came out I thought...

-You've got to be kidding?!

MasterGiovanni
Crew

isafos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:08 pm
No comment. i love ALL of them. period.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:11 pm
Metroid 2 return of samus  

ninja9393

Dasfg5

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:37 pm
They're all equally good.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:22 am
why does evrybody hate hunters? It kicks a**. I found the single player pretty good.  

Corruption Theory

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

ZX-Omega

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:16 am
I don't hate Hunters, but I was very dissapointed in it, plus that my arms hurt after only 10 minutes of play, there just isn't any good positions to sit in for that kind of controll system.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:09 pm
(aside from pinball) I've played and beat all the games, EXCEPT for the first Metroid. Theres just somthing about it that I suck with. Dunno what..

Zeta_X_Omega
I don't hate Hunters, but I was very dissapointed in it, plus that my arms hurt after only 10 minutes of play, there just isn't any good positions to sit in for that kind of controll system.

And you do make a good point.
While Hunters is an amazing FPS on a handheld, the huge disadvantage of it is that no matter your position, after a short time, your hands and or arms begin to hurt. Minus points for that, but otherwise, its good in most forms, except bosses, because quite literally, they're the same bosses over and over.  

ConMan577

Interesting Prophet

3,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Dasfg5

Aged Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:48 pm
I liked Hunters except It felt like it needed something to be a whole lot better. Anyway I hate Metroid pinball reminds me of all those other games like that..  
The Official Metroid Guild Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff