Reply Techniques
Ganondorf help. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

porkeater123

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:56 pm
i need sum ganondorf help, i have got most of the basics down but i have such a hard time. i nned help!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:14 pm
Ahhh. Ganondorf. A hellsih brute, isn't he? Most of Ganon's better techniques require mid-air timing, and juggling. The best advices I can give

1) Don't treat Ganon like he's slow, just take your time. After all, when your Ganon, you dont need speed
2) Juggling is key, don't give them a chance to stand up
3) Perfect the mid-air Wizard Punch. (Ex. If your hit into the air, and u have the right angle, pound their face in. This is pretty hard if against other people though)
4) Ganon's main weakness is his jump...and Zelda/Sheik....and Jigglypuff...I think that's it

Shinsua

Wheezing Gekko

fe345trewr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:03 pm
Shinsua
Ahhh. Ganondorf. A hellsih brute, isn't he? Most of Ganon's better techniques require mid-air timing, and juggling. The best advices I can give

1) Don't treat Ganon like he's slow, just take your time. After all, when your Ganon, you dont need speed
2) Juggling is key, don't give them a chance to stand up
3) Perfect the mid-air Wizard Punch. (Ex. If your hit into the air, and u have the right angle, pound their face in. This is pretty hard if against other people though)
4) Ganon's main weakness is his jump...and Zelda/Sheik....and Jigglypuff...I think that's it

I agree with Shinsua. Granted, yes, Ganondorf is retardedly slow when compared to most characters, but if you time him right he can be quite the tier character. Using his Gerudo Punch attack takes effort, and is best used for when the enemy is caught in a state of vulnerability (i.e, like when Jigglypuff is in the middle of Rollout, or Link at the end of his Spin Attack in air or on the ground). The best way to time it is his voice clip, actually. xd

Also, his juggling is insane, especially with his down throw and midair-to-land kick. Even against Shiek, the fastest character, Ganondorf is a formidable foe once you're down.

Ganondorf's weakness isn't really is jump, I've found that I can save myself a lot with his jump. It's his ground speed that really gets some players, as he is the second or third slowest character in the game. You have to be REALLY patient to work with Ganondorf. Well, good luck! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Yes, I guess it is true that Ganon has a better jump than some characters  

Shinsua

Wheezing Gekko

scooterdude34

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:07 pm
Yes, juggling is easy with Ganondorf.

One of my fave things to do is the underestimated left-B (I name my moves after the buttons) move. If you jump and use the attack, even if the enemy is right below you, you'll deal 'em damage AND render them helpless for your next attack. wink Sweet, sweet victory.

Speed? Who cares!?! blaugh Beats Falcon, who is apparently too fast. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:15 pm
HAHAHA. I was just going to say that. One main reason I prefer Ganon over most others, is simple. Fox, Falcon, C.Falco, are just too damn fast

Shinsua

Wheezing Gekko

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:42 pm
Here's some tips from a Ganondorf player (and Jenny can some what vouch for me... sweatdrop )

First off... You should rarely use your B moves. I say rarely, because side+b and down+b can be nice to use. Up+b is a nice surprise move against some aerial fighters, but I prefer U+Air.

The U+Air for Ganondorf is fantastic. It has high priority, and if you can learn how to use it, is great for edge guarding. Look up "Triforce of Power" on YouTube.

Learn how to SHFFL (Short Hop Fast Fall L-cancel). Ganondorf is best played in the air, but you should make use of his jab (neutral A on the ground), and his forward tilt. AVOID THE UP TILT!!! This move IS stonger than the Warlock Punch (B), but is slow, and easily avoidable. Save this for a broken shield, or sleeping Jigglypuff. The jab is fast, and racks up some good damage.

Some advanced techniques:

Ganondorf can Chain Grab certain characters. One of which is Shiek! eek

My favorite thing to do, is grab, d-throw, and short hop into an aerial. Most characters can be d-aired after a d-throw. Learn how to stomp and grab, and you got what I call a chain stomp. ^_^ But learn to use the other aerials too.

Back+aerial is really good, as is the F+Air. And the best tip I can provide for Ganondorf... When you are attacking in the air, not only should you L-Cancel, but use the c-stick in the air. This is the fastest way to pull off aerials, and you wont accidentally double jump when trying to do a U+air.

I'm gonna go play Zelda. Any more questions, ask, and I'll try to answer.

Oh... and learn about the down+b recovery. When in the air, like Final D, and you're coming back, use the Down+B. It gives you back your double jump. LEARN THIS!!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:19 pm
THANX guys i'v gotten ALOT beter from this, iv never really treated gannon as a slow charcter but some of these techniques have helped alot thanx all mrgreen  

porkeater123

porkeater123

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:24 pm
Quote:
Oh... and learn about the down+b recovery. When in the air, like Final D, and you're coming back, use the Down+B. It gives you back your double jump. LEARN THIS!!

that is the most important thing i learned  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:19 pm
porkeater123
Quote:

that is the most important thing i learned

It helps, no? ^_^

Any other questions, please ask. I'll help to the best of my ability. Especially Ganondorf vs. questions. I.e., Ganondorf vs. Pikachu, etc.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

porkeater123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:44 pm
i used tha move toda and it helped me sooooo much

any ways

what about ganondorf vs. star fox?
i need some help cuz i wanna pwn my friend and thats his main person.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:48 pm
i figured that if i need to get to a friend accross the map faster than just running shield and roll or whatever you wanna call it over ther, i think its faster and it looks cooler mrgreen  

porkeater123

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:31 pm
Rolling is a big NO.

Use it sparingly, i.e, you can't pull off a wave dash, or you need to roll behind them and grab. If you need to get from one side of the stage to the other, run, jump, or wave dash. Never roll.

Now, and against Fox... Here's the Pro's and Con's of a Fox...

Fox is infintitly faster, and has something you don't... a projectile.

His laser has no stopping power though, so if he isn't short hopping those lasers, run at him and punish him. Ganondorf can take a lot of punishment, and won't die so easily from 34-50%. Learn how to do a U+air edge guard. I'll try to get a video of me doing that some time soon.

Fox is a fast faller, so watch how he falls, and time your attacks. The back hand is your friend.

If your friend doesn't do anything like waveshine, or drill shines, your Ganondorf should easily own him.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:45 pm
hes not really good, its just the way he plays. He hits you one runs away, i cant get a hold on him but i usually get colse to beating him. I can't wave dash still cant figure that out.

THANX FOR THE HELP mrgreen  

porkeater123

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:23 pm
porkeater123
hes not really good, its just the way he plays. He hits you one runs away, i cant get a hold on him but i usually get colse to beating him. I can't wave dash still cant figure that out.

THANX FOR THE HELP mrgreen

When he runs at you, wait for him to make a move, and hit him with the jab, and start your combo from there. The jab is Ganondorf's fastest move. You can also try the d-tilt, and a forward tilt for reach.

Videos coming soon.  
Techniques

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces