Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Dean Koontz Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever heard of Dean Koontz?
  Yes
  No
  poll whoring
View Results

monochromatic friend o.o

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:05 pm
Anyone read his books? They are farfetched but I get so caught up in the story I can't put then down I've read four in the past month. What's your favorite?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:30 am
I've read quite of few of his books, but have no real interest in most of them. Though I did enjoy a small amount of them, most of them are boring and are pretty much a waste of paper. Nothing personal. Most of his books are well written and he is a fine author.

Lust over Love

play it loud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:31 am
A lot of people dislike him, but I find his stories are great.

Odd Thomas is my favourite book of his and of all time. For me that is.

But, its the only book to make me cry. He shouldn't of wrote a sequel though, I read it, but wasnt happy. =[

Whats yours Monochromatic?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:20 pm
I like By the Light of the Moon. Sure, it's a bit cliche, but it's got a lot of humor and is well written in general.

Yes, I know "cliche" has an accent, but my computer doesn't like accents, unfortunately.  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

Totensonntag

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:53 am
Personally, I love him. My mother introduced me to a couple of his books and I could never put them down since!

Sadly, I have put them down, and haven't picked em up recently. And I actually forgot hte name of my favorite book. The one about a psychiatrist that drugs his patients to do as he says, then rapes them. And the girl that he caused to be afraid of herself, thinking she would kill her husband. If someone could please remind me of this book's name, I would marry them and have their babies.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:03 am
I'm sorry I have never heard of him. What books has he written?  

Gaaloratan

ChinoikeJigoku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:52 am
December is my favorite book by him. Great plot.

If you like dogs he wrote 'The Watchers' about a dog named Einstein who's incredibly smart. Great book.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:29 am
I collect Dean Koontz books. I love his stories. I usually read them quickly because he gets me so caught up. I just finished reading The Face last week. It was good, but the end left me wanting more. There are many great books he wrote. Here's a small list of my favorites:

Odd Thomas
Life Expectancy
From the Corner of His Eye
Icebound
Sole Survivor
Tick Tock
Cold Fire  

hippiepoet1964

Revear Tokoro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:39 am
I've only Read Velocity, and it went by pretty quickly. I liked it, and might try reading more.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:18 pm
He has a few good books. I've read Tick Tock a few times, and I really love Seize the Night (I bought that one so I didn't have to keep checking it out).  

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

ramforce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:05 am
Lust over Love
I've read quite of few of his books, but have no real interest in most of them. Though I did enjoy a small amount of them, most of them are boring and are pretty much a waste of paper. Nothing personal. Most of his books are well written and he is a fine author.

I couldn't agree more.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:23 pm
Lust over Love

They're well written by a fine author but boring and a waste of paper? Ha ha, what an indecisive person you are, which one is it? I like most of his early work but really liked "Intensity". I stoppped reading at "Frankenstein".  

HolyKnightHamster

SunnyAntarctica

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:43 pm
I love Dean Koontz, and although the only book of his that I read was "Velocity" I read it (A 400+ page book) in 1 school day.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:05 pm
I read Velocity, too. It was good, but Koontz, Patterson, and Kellerman all seem to have the same problem; they tell great stories with plausible chracters, all the way up to the last 30 pages. Then they just rip out the alternate Nazi dimension of geneticist centered incest (Kellerman's Blood Test), and everything they built up just falls apart.

Or is this just a problem on my part?  

Rabid Hugs

Rich Uncle Pennybags

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:13 am
I've heard many of good things about Dean Koontz. I wish i could read one of his stories...  
Literature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff