Reply Naruto Guild
Shikatard? or Narutard? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:06 pm
Okay, enough. Are Naruto fans just arrogant or is everyone, by my definition, a Shikatard?

Shikatards are like Narutards in a way. They wish they were the smartest little shits in the world. They think it's cool, fun, or special. You know, part of having knowledge is knowing that in reality, you know nothing. "Geniuses" don't take s**t out on everyone; they're rather modest. My whole life I've been told I was, "different." And now everyone is pretending to be that way... I've been holding this back; but we're a guild, a team, and I am going to come out about this.

People try to be all smart; beating eachother down. I am not offended because they do it to me, I am offended because they do it at all. Being an a*****e doesn't make you smart! Having a high IQ doesn't make you a genius, having a low IQ doesn't make your potential to be a genius impossible. Being a genius isn't about knowing things; it's about doing things, and it's not about just TALKING about them. Anyone who is truly smart doesn't have the TIME, NEED, or DESIRE to ANALYZE a FICTIONAL ANIME to a ridiculous degree, and then rant and rave about it until everyone agrees with you. Someone who is REALLY smart does what they can do for the REAL world. For thier school. Their family. Their community. Themselves. Not a GAME to make people THINK you're so great...

Relevance to the guild? I have it right here. Why do fans feel a need to pick a character and act like them? EVERY SINGLE FAN I HAVE MET. My friend picked Gaara. Her sister picked Chouji/Naruto. Another friend picked Sasuke. I am the only person I know... Who didn't have NEED to do so... SURE, at FIRST I was all into Sakura. But it WORE OFF. These obsessed fans stay this was for YEARS. I, by eyewitness, have always been a lot like Shikamaru, except for the fact that, as hard as it may be to believe, I am more of a dead-beat than him. And what do I do? I don't rub your noses in it, I don't act all superior; sure I argue, but that's because I come from a VERY busy day on the outside world, and let my fustration out on Gaia. I have a life. But I know a NORMAL KID, with an IQ between 90 and 120, does not have the MENTAL CAPACITY to SIMPLY analyze Naruto; they are spending HOURS memorizing EVERYTHING; foreshadowing, interpreting, applying, and of course studying their favorite character so they can be more like them.

Discuss arrogance. D:<

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:21 am
User Image

CUTTING MAKES EVERYTHING FEEL BETTER.

User Image

Historical

Historical

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:23 am
User Image

On a slightly more serious note.
It's apparent to me that you had a bad run in with some Naruto fanatic(s)?

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:48 am
Historical
User Image

On a slightly more serious note.
It's apparent to me that you had a bad run in with some Naruto fanatic(s)?

User Image
Terrible ones. D:
I was hoping you guys would say, "OMG IM NOT LIKE THAT... *COMFORTS SHIKALEE* BUT I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN" xd  

Syndactyly

Repriev3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:09 am
Wow, you really hit us Shikatards all right on the mark ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:17 am
By your analyzation I must say that I may be a Shikatard, and therefore I feel bad... sad  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:07 pm
OMG IM NOT LIKE THAT... *COMFORTS SHIKALEE* BUT I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN blaugh

But I'm really not like that ninja At least I don't personally think so...

So tell us about the incident, letting it all out makes people feel better most the time...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:10 pm
Gaaa^San
Shikatards disgust me. D:< Being a genius isn't a game or choice or fun. It's hard work. My uncle... is very smart; but he works for it!  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:37 pm
missing nin itachi
By your analyzation I must say that I may be a Shikatard, and therefore I feel bad... sad
Well, I could be wrong.
A lot of people scream Shikatard, but they've never watched Naruto. It's sometimes a personality trait, but far more common amongst Naruto fans... If you feel bad, and are aware of it, you are not a Shikatard. Shikatards are in denial about their behavior... It's TERRIBLE.

churrlo
OMG IM NOT LIKE THAT... *COMFORTS SHIKALEE* BUT I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN blaugh

But I'm really not like that ninja At least I don't personally think so...

So tell us about the incident, letting it all out makes people feel better most the time...
OMG LOVE. <3

No. You're just you. Though, I did have that, "no, you all aren't geniuses" arguement with you a while back. xD; But no, you're FAR from a Shikatard; just a churr-tard. heart

No one specific instance. Many instances, though there is one that stands out in my mind. A user named something Angellus... He even pulled Shikamaru looks on his face. He even told me he was like his reincarnation... it creeped me the ******** out; especially since he's not dead, nor did he ever really live. I know for a fact TONS of people say I am like him... but am I really if I am this paranoid about others judging me or pretending to be him? Would he be concerned about something like that? As much like him as I am, and as OFTEN, which is quite often, as I am told I am like him, I still believe no one can ever be exactly like anyone else; especially if they are aware of their presence, which, in essence, affects their overall behavior...

MOST Shikamaru fans I have met, as in 90%, act like him. ONE PERSON on Gaia didn't. I wouldn't have known she even liked Naruto if she hadn't told me. She was a NORMAL person, who was still obsessed with the show.

Countless times I've felt tormented. I've read Naruto for a long time; several years. Over this time, I felt like I could relate a lot to Naruto, Lee, and Shikamaru. Shikamaru the most, of course. Fans; girls and boys, would alienate the character I relate to most. This obsession with him (by them) honestly creeped me out. I mean, goosebumps. Other times, I would feel VERY upset an affected... Why, I don't know. But all I knew is that I felt like it was a mockery. I'm so much like him but I'm not loved, stalked, or appreciated. Instead, people think I'm a freak who is too smart for her own good, needs to have more sex and do more drugs, or something... kids have really strange goals. They think I'm a lazy good-for-nothing who is not motivated; my lack of motivation has justification... a lot of what the government and what peers expect of us is unreasonable and a waste of time... I would much rather philosophize than study what, "happened" during 9/11. I would rather have 8 TOK classes every day than study things I already know... I am learning a lot, but it feels like I could have learned all of that myself. Homeschooling would really benifit me but I would neglect studying... Because I'd much rather nap, think, eat, or play with my cat, Alex, than read a boring book (except College Physics... for some reason that really caught my eye). People think being smart is being a book worm. Is studying all day, writing more than the person next to you; selling a name for yourself. While this IS smart, economically, is this REALLY smart for our bodies and minds? Is MONEY really SO important? I can live in a small apartment; with a crappy car and socks that don't match and still be content. In fact, I could get a pretty CRAPPY job and STILL live a good life with everything I NEED. So, then why do we do this? Strain ourselves day and night, so we can get into a university, so we can, according to my extensive, but simple calculations, WASTES more money than if we had just simply INVESTED that money into stocks or EVEN into a bank? Tuition costs make more money sitting in a jar than becoming a doctor does (metaphor, I realize that isn't literally true). We torture ourselves because we've been BRAINWASHED. By parents, by peers, by media, by stories we've heard. We are told college is the way. Correction; it was the way, 10 years ago. Times have changed. College used to be easier and more productive at the same time. Now it's a big game. Sure, we learn from it. But not our money's worth. Sure, it's SMART to get straight A's all the time, to prepare your future. But grades do not reflect intelligence. They reflect motivation. And I'm unmotivated because the education system is bullshit, and the person with the best grade proves to be the most brainwashed overall. Sure, I have A's. They're to please my family. But I've never had A's before. I always had straight F's. My teachers knew I was smart; smart enough to graduate early. They were so disappointed that I wouldn't do the work. I told them because doing it over and over won't make me smarter. If I know it, I know it, and it won't leave me. I don't need to waste my time proving it; I boycotted homework. This did not affect my learning, but it did affect my future. I do not fear being poor. I do not fear having to do things for myself. In fact, the rich life is the high-paced busy life... I'd much rather relax on my wooden rocking chair on my old-fashioned patio. I'd much rather listen to the sounds of nature and look at the mountains far away than watch my 22 in Plasma Television screen. I'd much rather learn, and raise good, smart, children who CARE than rich, rude, spoiled children who don't. I want to send a voice in my own life. I don't need to change the world, become a celebrity, or impress people with my mind. What matters most in the big picture is what I do for myself; and how I HELP others with my brain. Because when we die, none of that stuff will matter. Who you IMPRESSED with your genius won't matter when you die. Someone you saved, helped, or change will matter. Someone you held your hand out to when they needed you. Not someone you beat down because your ego hurt.

My ego hurts often. I'm not, "not an a**" because I'm not ridiculed. Part of what pisses me off is that Shikamaru is loved so much and I'm not for doing the same thing he does. I get hurt often when I fail... I try to be a leader but people don't listen... our world isn't like Naruto's world; a genius is a nerd, a freak. They're quiet, they're thinkers. People don't like thinkers; they're confused by them, and when I try to explain 20 times they get confused. I get fustrated, upset. I wish I could give my mind to them. I wish they could understand the weird things I tell them; why I can talk backwards, why I can solve problems in seconds, why I can draw the art I do, and see the things I see. They ask how I did it. I have to tell them I was born with it. How does that make them feel? How does my offending them make me feel? No one understands the PAIN and FUSTRATION of being what I am... I'm so, "great" but no one, "sees" it. Sure, they're convinced, but they don't get it. I don't have a mentor, a sensei, someone who can see me eye to eye. Everyone is pulling on my shirt for help. My parents think I'm just like everyone else; even though there is shocking evidence that I am not. Things about me are neglected because I don't live in Naruto-Land like the Shikatards. They are so in denial that they don't notice the neglect they get, and they're so fake that they don't get the same, TRUE side-effects.

I'd keep going, but my dilemma is pretty complicated.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:26 pm
Heh, I really did consider quoting you for the hell of it but ah well....

Considering the people I generally hand out with have no interest in anime whatsoever, I'm not much of an apparent Naruto fanatic either ^^ I guess on Gaia I would be though, but outside that it never even comes up. Anyways, basically yeah, your right in what most people do...They work their asses off and actually do try even when it is senseless stuff just because their told it will help when it's really you who decides on that, not a teacher with 100+ students every day.. It's the ones that realize what they need to get done for themselves to benefit them individually that I guess could be considered not brainwashed.. So no, that doesn't include throwing your pencil down and refusing to work merely because your too lazy and find it difficult...Nor, working hard on everything your told to do to perfect the stereotype of a sucessful, hardworking student who has a future.. Just get what you gotta done.. I personally have no idea still what I'm going to do with my life but hell I guess I could be considered brainwashed because I've had intent on going to college either way...The majority of society just requires it now because they set a higher expectation on you for what others accomplish so college is basically now not the way to become overly sucessful but just to be average if that's what you want.. I just want to see how far I can go lacking excessive effort for now...

Heh, but really you get upset that your not praised for being like Shikamaru? Sure you may have the Shikamaru complex but are you also a shinobi with battle tactics and awesome shadow contol powers? It basically, are you in an anime? Lol, he's meant to be liked by fans but I'm thinking that might of just been an example by yourself anyways. Yeah, I doubt my mom event really sees the difference between and A or a C...It's basically just "Oh, that's nice" when my grades come in the mail. It doesn't matter to me though because for myself I merely set low expectations so everything is either sucess or no dissapointment..I'm not smart, everyone else is just an idiot.. I'm not in denial of everything, your just overanalyzing me..That's it.. ^^

I'm not sure if what I rambled on about is on topic, but I won't check it over.... ^^;

Repriev3

Repriev3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:34 pm
Shikalee
Gaaa^San
Shikatards disgust me. D:< Being a genius isn't a game or choice or fun. It's hard work. My uncle... is very smart; but he works for it!

Well, I'm not quite sure on what a genius is then...Is that someone who wants to and finds the need to overachieve and learn as much as they can or just someone who is able to easily take care of what they need to do that everyone else finds difficult?

If I wanted to I could be just as productive maybe, but I don't...I see no point because I can get what needs to be done ex the hard work and still achieve more than others...

I don't want to and feel there is no need to strain yourself to do more than you have to so is that what would be considered smart but not genius? The opposites genuis?

Aww, sucks to you and your uncle... :p I'm a total genius and I'm not in denial ^^

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:24 pm
Yay! I am not a Shikatard xd

Hmm... such deep insight. We share many common beliefs... I wish there were more people like you where I live. It seems no one here seems to think the way I do...  

churrlo

Repriev3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:30 am
^
|
|

Heh, Denial ;p

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:37 am
ninja .... rofl  

churrlo

The Tao of Maple Syrup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:17 am
I really wouldn't call myself a Shikatard. I do have a favourite character, and sometimes I act like him, but only to make a joke. I don't really try to analyze Naruto too much, or in too much length. I just state my personal opinions about Naruto, most of which have to do with the Naruto dub. But I will never be a genius a*****e, as I'm not a genius. I've never thought I was.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff