Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Anyone else like those cheesy 'Sounds of Horror' tapes?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think it's cheesy?
  Yes *gonk*
  No! :)
View Results

trampyre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:52 am
I've got one on right now... I think I may start collecting them. My favourite sounds of the moment are the "graveyard with churchbell tolling", "chains dragging" and "wooden door creaking". xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:40 am
I love them!

I've always wondered... are they really meant to be scary? Because they never spook me. They just make me giggle.  

Veruniel
Crew

trampyre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:53 am
I think they're meant to sound "spooky". I've heard some that are pretty convincing... like recordings of real wolves baying. Other sounds are kind of...bad. Although I'm sure they *do* sound scary to kids.

I think the spookiest recording I've ever heard is "sound effects and my cry in the stairwell" by Antonin Artaud, the clinically insane French actor, dramatist, and philosopher (of sorts).

Check it out:

http://ubu.wfmu.org/sound/artaud_antonin/judgement/Artaud-Antonin_08_Sound-Effects-And-My-Cry-In-The-Stairwell.mp3  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:07 am
trampyre
I think they're meant to sound "spooky". I've heard some that are pretty convincing... like recordings of real wolves baying. Other sounds are kind of...bad. Although I'm sure they *do* sound scary to kids.

I think the spookiest recording I've ever heard is "sound effects and my cry in the stairwell" by Antonin Artaud, the clinically insane French actor, dramatist, and philosopher (of sorts).

Check it out:

http://ubu.wfmu.org/sound/artaud_antonin/judgement/Artaud-Antonin_08_Sound-Effects-And-My-Cry-In-The-Stairwell.mp3

0o; That plus the thunder outside... ugh... I'm going to have a hard time sleeping now.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

trampyre

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:21 am
lurichan
trampyre

Check it out:

0o; That plus the thunder outside... ugh... I'm going to have a hard time sleeping now.

Sorry ... I know... it IS creepy, isn't it? cry  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:01 am
I've got a great tape that's just wolf howls. Not really scary to me... just very pretty and a little mournful at times. But then, I love wolves and I've lived for years with sled dogs that howl in pretty much the same way. Wolf voices sound eerie to me, but I like that.

Yeah, I guess the kitschier sound tapes would still be creepy to little kids. Maybe they purposely try not to make 'em *too* creepy, so the poor sprogs can actually get some sleep after going to haunted houses.  

Veruniel
Crew

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:04 am
trampyre
lurichan
trampyre

Check it out:

That's okay, it was my own fault for listening to it. ^^* I ended up reading a vampire manga before bed called Blood Alone that actually helped me relax enough while I was waiting for the main part of the storm to pass.
That definatly has a quality to it that sticks in your mind for a while and keeps you on edge afterwards.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:39 am
trampyre
lurichan
trampyre

Check it out:

wow tats the most normal thing ive ever heard! srry i was a tad crazy as a child.  

darkrock64

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:30 pm
i have one of what sounds like laughing mushrooms whee  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:24 pm
Wanna hear scary, go buy an Otep's album House of Secrets. I think it was the first track where she recreated the sounds of her being beaten by her dad. That scared the living s**t out of me.

There's also this one song where this girl was being murdered during the recording session. She wasn't actually in the booth, so the band and producers didn't know it was going on at the time. But, if you turn it way up, you can actually hear her being murdered in the background. It's so sickening. It really happened, too. Oh yeah, it's an old song, like when-my-mom-was-in high-school old, and she's 48 right now. I know it's on those old record discs, but I'm not sure about any cd's. Now, if only I could remember the name of the band and song. stressed

If you know what song I'm talking about, please say the name and look it up on the computer. I can't remember it by titles or lyrics or anything like that, just the actual music.  

Dirzdra

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff