Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Witch-in-a-Box

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Poetic Death]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:38 pm
Ever needed that incense for a suprise ritual while you were away from home? Looked for that candle for a suddenly needed luck spell? Well, I believe you're in need of a Witch-in-a-Box! What is a Witch-in-a-Box? It's a basic witch travel kit! In this post, you're going to learn everything you need to know, to make your own! But first things first, here is a list of suggested items for your box:

~Some candles of varying colors
~Matches or a lighter of some sort
~Full Moon Water or other charged water
~Incense
~Altar cloth
~Various spell ingredients
~Wand or other energy directer
~Four small items to represent the elements
~Parts for a quick paper/tagboard amulet

In order to start building your Witch-in-a-Box, first you'll need a box that will fit all of the things you'll want to put in it. If you don't have a box that you can use, I would suggest buying a plastic storage box. Something like Sterilite or Kitchen-Maid. Make it something big enough to fit everything, but small enough to travel in a suitcase. Once you have your box, you can start putting items in. Put all of your ingredients into seperate ziploc bags (snack size) and label them with permanent marker. Put your different smelling incenses into seperate bags too, so that the smells don't start to meld together. Label those as well. Anything small, like the element items, should be put into a bag, and labeled so you can find it easily. Once you have finished labeling everything, put it in your box, and then label the box itself what you wish. Make it something that you will easily recognize as your Witch-in-a-Box supplies. If you feel the need, you can put your Book of Shadows in with it when you go on trips. Now, I know what you all are thinking. "Better get out that extra smudge stick and bring it along!" Well, you better not get it out! Hotels wouldn't be very happy if there was a false-alarm fire because the smoke from your smudge stick accidentally set off the alarm. Instead, while you're away, or even all the time if you want, replace that smudge stick with a charged water, or special mixture of your own making. I like to use the 24-hour Sweep Away Powder for all of my away from home cleansing and grounding. Make it before hand so you can be sure that it is made right.

24-Hour Sweep Away Powder

equal parts kosher salt, pine nedles, rosemary, and sage leaves.
Add cedar or lavender to suppress the previous tenant's vibrations.
For a bedroom, add rose petals.
For your circle, you can add herbs like meadowsweet for love, calendula for clairvoyance, lily of the valley to attract Fey,
mugwort for divination, or any other combination of herbs you feel will enhance your ritual or spell.

Everything but the salt, should be cut up and crushed fine. Remember, the house-keeping crew should be in the next day at
the hotel, so if you put it on the floor, bed, or a chair, it will
all get vacuumed or swept away.

And that's it for your Witch-in-a-Box! Now go home and make your own special on-the-go travel kit! Blessed Be!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:17 pm
Awesome. Now we just need one that I'd be able to the Air Force Basic training for six weeks... sweatdrop  

Seira Relur

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:01 am
lol. For me the candles, insence and what not are all part of a symbolic ritual. I don't need any of it to cast spells and as a college student I can say its a good thing I don't as none of those things are allowed in my living area. Its great to use them and boost my own feelings on what I'm doing but some of my most affect spell work involves little to no materials ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:32 pm
I don't really perform rituals, except for minor ones, like blessing a house I just moved into and cleansing the areas every once in a while, but this is a neat concept.
It also has a lot of freedom to be futzed with, so customizing isn't hard. biggrin  

Feryal Riska

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:49 pm
That's actually a good idea. The box can be altered, as well, to hold the conetents for a specific spell, and are easily shipped. I look forward to making myself one of these, and maybe doing up a couple for Christmas/Yule gifts for friends!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:49 am
Wow, that's an awesome idea. Recently, I had to travel for a week under very stressful circumstances, and that would have been awesome. I just took charmed stones.  

phantomkitsune

Dangerous Enabler

Rioto_Kish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:56 am
That's a really good idea!  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items