Veru is secretly...
  A vampire.
  A zombie.
  A slime mold.
View Results

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:24 am
I was walking down the street last week when I heard a little voice shout, "Look, Mommy! A vampire!" I turned to see a little girl boggling at my goth garb. Ooh, black and shiny! Absolutely *fascinating!*

Yes, I'm a big hit among the local six year olds.

Do kids ever come up to you and say funny stuff? Mistake you for a zombie? Ask if you're dead? And do you tell them the truth, or play along to amuse them?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:34 am
Err...yeah like vampire!or...he's a ZOMBIE!or...He's scary mom...or wow your so cool (which doesn't happen often) etc.  

Kamadev

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:42 am
Yesterday a little girl (I'm guessing she was about six or so) saw me, then turned to her mom and said "Wow... she's so pretty! I want to look pretty like her!" and oddly enough her mother said "Yes, she is very pretty.". That really threw me off, because I was in full goth regalia (lacy black velvet dress, unserbust corset, boots, etc.) and normally the only people to compliment me on my attire are teen-aged to college-aged people, or other goths. Haha... but I suppose part of it was that I was in Salem (the location of the whole witch hysteria of 1692), and there tend to be quite a few goths wandering around that town. It's a really nice place though. The shopping is good (they have a store that carries Heavy Red clothing! Squee!), there are tons of museums, and it's a very beautiful and historic town.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:43 am
This has nothing to do with gothy-nessm but once when I had a choir festival, and we had stopped somewhere to eat, some friends and I were walking to some fastfood joint in our choir gowns, and this little kid asked if we were princesses. Also, I was once in a medeival-type play, and I had made my costume to look like Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and someone's little sister thought I was Belle. ^^ so cute!  

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:49 am
Senchou Ari Mizuko
Also, I was once in a medeival-type play, and I had made my costume to look like Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and someone's little sister thought I was Belle. ^^ so cute!

Somthing similar to that happened to me once. I was the Wicked Witch of the West in a school production of the Wizard of Oz back in 6th grade, and I remember that when me and the rest of the cast were fooling around before the play, a little kid somehow found his way backstage to where the cast was hanging out, and thought I was the real witch of the west, so he ran off crying. I felt so bad for him. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:07 pm
my five-year-old nieces asked me if i was goth; and yes i've had older kids shun from me as whisper "goth" as if i couldn't hear them! i enjoy these indirect compliments!

.blood x stitched x paws.

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:02 pm
Veruniel
I was walking down the street last week when I heard a little voice shout, "Look, Mommy! A vampire!"

Hahahahahaha!!! Oh my gawd that's awesome. Ya know, I said that to a goth when I was little.

Wow that's funny. Nope, no one's ever mistaken me for a vampire unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:03 pm
Oh but now that I think about it, I have been called goth by everyone in my family pretty much. I take it as a compliment even though that is NOT how they mean it, I am sure.  

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

turntechKilljoy

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:26 pm
My nephew, who's three, always has something weird to say to me. Like a couple days ago, he said told his mom "Rachel looks like a ghost!" I was sick a couple days ago, and amazingly pale, and he was watching Scariest Places on Earth that I recorded last year, so yeah.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:55 pm
Aw, that's cute.

I don't get little kids saying stuff. I think there are enough people who dress alternatively in my city for kids not to give a s**t.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Genica Pussywillow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:56 am
There's so many people that dress gothic or whatever around where I live, no one cares excet sad idiots who want to impress their friends by yelling comments.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:59 am
I have to say, I'm rarely given compliments, except I did get one from a small child the other day about how he loved my pants and wanted a pair. (Black and green stich Tripp pants). A few times I've gotten compliments about how people like my over coat (you could say it is a trench coat but not exactly)..and a few of those have come from the adminstrators at my school.

While I've never been mistaken for a vampire, One time,I was called a werewolf. Which makes me happy, because I've always watned to be one.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

RedDwarffer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:37 am
I was walking behind these little kids once.. minding my own bizzyness and they started turnen around and acting like I was following them... I'm talking like not even a block was I walking behind them... but then they started wispering and stuff and so I said it.. I figured they where waiting for it.. I said "boo" and they crossed the street.. this confused be.. but as fait had it I really didnt care much, for I was hopeing they would fall off there bikes... I was in a fawl mood that day.... that reminds me...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:27 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
One time,I was called a werewolf. Which makes me happy, because I've always watned to be one.

I'd be flattered. It's great to be compared to something as smart as a wolf. biggrin  

Veruniel
Crew

Yoshimi Minamino

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:34 pm
Ya i waz walking down the street and then so little kid just looked at me with big eyes. they looked scared After i passed them just became o so happy. lol  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff