Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Tripp pants

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:11 am
one day i had a inspiration to make Tripp pants, mainly because i cannot afford them bc they are like 60$ but i had some black yarn(not that color realy matters). and i tought i can make it, and i drew a design, with tons of chains( whoo). anyway a freinds said that i cannot mak them. basicly a tube. and then i just add chains. and other things that invole other thigns like knitted icod make into chains. and other things, what are some other ideas? i might make a kankuro hoddie with the emblam on the front i might just have a halloween cosplay in modern style or in other words street style, basicly a hoddie and the hoodie is the hat that he wears, and the pants is jsut the Trip pants that i am making.
any1 have any ideas for other naruto or renji or w/e cosplay using kitting
?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:03 pm
Well, I'm not entirely sure what you're asking... sweatdrop
There's a pretty good chain pattern here, if you need it.

sweatdrop

Also, I don't watch Naruto. The hoodie idea sounds pretty good, though.  

Sly Grin

gemini6184

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:55 pm
Knitted pants for anyone older than 2 is really not a good idea... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:08 am
gemini6184

whats wrong with that? well i dont want to buy the 60$ tripp pnats, and i am good at knitting. and i want to try dto do chains. and anyway.  

Kanhoro

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:01 pm
Kanhoro
gemini6184

whats wrong with that? well i dont want to buy the 60$ tripp pnats, and i am good at knitting. and i want to try dto do chains. and anyway.

Unfortunately to make adult pants, you'll need a lot of yarn. To get that much yarn, you'll either have to get acrylic or you'll be spending over $60 the store bought ones would cost anyway. So I'm assuming you'll go with acrylic here. Acrylic is kinda heavy, so as you're wearing the pants, the fabric will sag. Unfortunately acrylic is also plastic, so you're likely to sweat in some uncomfortable areas. IF someone were to make knit pants, their best bet would be to use a sock-weight wool. That'd probably cost well over $100, though.

If you want a chain, here's one that's made of wool and felted that looks pretty cool. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTmarleysghost.html  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:45 pm
Kanhoro
gemini6184

because when youre 2 no one cares when they fall down and they can see your diaper  

gemini6184

iWhore.4[Tofu]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:23 pm
Pants along those lines probably are best left off for SEWING.
Buying the Fabric will be cheaper than all the yarn you'll need to buy, and it would just be more Comfortable and more convienient in the long run.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:19 am
iWhore.4[Tofu]
Pants along those lines probably are best left off for SEWING.
Buying the Fabric will be cheaper than all the yarn you'll need to buy, and it would just be more Comfortable and more convienient in the long run.

wel that is ture, but mayeb i can aslo knit the peices usualy for sewing and then put it together, but right now i am starting ont eh left side of thel egs of the pants, and so far it is looking god, o9nce i have the normal layout or the pants i will add the chains and the other" nessieties".  

Kanhoro

MicroMiniMuffins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:50 pm
...<.< I'm making a Kankuro hoodie too...<.<
Well, after I finish my skirt. Or maybe before. Yeah. Before. 'Cause. I'm just that cool. And, I don't think I'll ever finish that freakin' skirt.
Uhm...
Yeah, I think it's easier to just buy the fabric and sew it. But buy some fairly heavyweight fabric. Especially for zippers and attatching chains. 'Cause I've got a pair of storebought Tripp pants and I've had to re-sew one of the zippers like every time I wear them because those bastards of skull zippers keep catching on each other and tripping me up and ripping the zippers out. It's not cool. Don't play with skull zippers on pants legs, people...D:
And dogchains work well for chain pants...<.< They're strong and sturdy and come in lots of different links. But pants with lots of chains and stuff make me cringe 'cause they just seem so...poseur to me...
I'm not calling you a poseur or anything, but lots of little pseudo goth and punk kids run (hobble, more like it) around in those things. Sho yeah...
Don't listen to me, I have no idea what I'm talking about...<.<  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:14 am
MicroMiniMuffins
...<.< I'm making a Kankuro hoodie too...<.<
Well, after I finish my skirt. Or maybe before. Yeah. Before. 'Cause. I'm just that cool. And, I don't think I'll ever finish that freakin' skirt.
Uhm...
Yeah, I think it's easier to just buy the fabric and sew it. But buy some fairly heavyweight fabric. Especially for zippers and attatching chains. 'Cause I've got a pair of storebought Tripp pants and I've had to re-sew one of the zippers like every time I wear them because those bastards of skull zippers keep catching on each other and tripping me up and ripping the zippers out. It's not cool. Don't play with skull zippers on pants legs, people...D:
And dogchains work well for chain pants...<.< They're strong and sturdy and come in lots of different links. But pants with lots of chains and stuff make me cringe 'cause they just seem so...poseur to me...
I'm not calling you a poseur or anything, but lots of little pseudo goth and punk kids run (hobble, more like it) around in those things. Sho yeah...
Don't listen to me, I have no idea what I'm talking about...<.<

thats ok, i am jsut goign to ad af ew straps and some knittied chains,9 goin to hold them together with velcro at the end maybe, as for the hoodie, i can make it i just need ot ge tmore yarn and time to do it.latly i have been putting off my big projects lik the tripp pants, bc i want to finished soemthign easy and small, so ill get to it evently, righ tnow i ammakeing a two string poncho, and a small ninja kunai in chrochet.  

Kanhoro

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff