Being Stood Up Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:26 am
For!

This thread is for us to discuss times we've stood up for someone else who was being belittled or times when someone has stood up for you.

I'm sure you all know by now that I am a Christian and I worship God every Sunday. I've made it known that everyone there loves me, but there are a few sticklers who are a bit disturbed by my affinity for black.

I've never heard any of the concerns that were made known, but there's a woman who I worship with - older, maybe in her late sixties, early seventies - who stood up for me when they were made. I didn't hear that directly either, but mum told me about it.

What she said was, "Why do you guys care that she wears black all the time? At least she's modest; she's always covered. There are girls who worship here who wear colour, yet they are showing off their bodies and you're worried because she's wearing all black?"

I felt so lucky to have a friend like her.

I also want to let you all know that I'm in no way meaning to bring a bad name to Christians by this example. Everyone makes bad decisions - even Christians.

Anywho, everyone just discuss these moments in your life where you were strong enough to stand up for someone or someone made you feel good about yourself by standing up for you.

4laugh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:45 pm
There was this one kid at my school who wouldn't stop calling me "crack addict" and "evil." I'm no where near being a stoner. And it got worse when he did it on the internet.

At first, I'd just ignore it. He never seemed to get the hint.

Than I tried avoiding him, but he always found me. It was like he was stalking me. I told him to stop several times, but he didn't listen to me. I even considered charging him for harrassment because he just wouldn't leave me alone, not even for one day.

Well, the day it all stopped, I was walking and he was a few feet behind me saying something like I needed to lay off the crack and get into rehab. I came up to my friend Dani just to talk. She never once heard this kid or anyone else say things like this to me.

It was quite a shock to her, but she tried to ignore it as well. Somewhat fortunately, she has less tolerance than me and soon started yelling at him about disprespect. She calmed down soon (thank goodness because she scared me) and started telling him how he shouldn't be calling other people names and talk about drugs as if it's a joke. He kept trying to argue saying how I never told him to stop, and he knows that was complete bull. I was right there, too.

I'm glad I don't see much of him anymore, and he never says things like that when he does. I still feel bad that I just stood aside and let her take my fight, though. I probably would have never done it on my own because I don't like to hurt people, but I hardly said a thing. Well, at least I don't have to feel as uncomfortable at school anymore.

Oh yeah, I'm in high school, and the kid is a senior while I'm a junior. This just happened last month.

Also, I'm against drugs, and there's no way I'm evil. Sure, I wear a lot of black and still prefer anarchy to anything else, but I have the nickname "Buddhist" because I'm nice, somewhat calm, and I don't even kill bugs when they swarm around me. No, I'm not an actual buddhist; I actually don't really know anything about buddhism.  

Dirzdra

Whisperer~Nightshade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:56 pm
Just the other day (can't remember when), I was sitting with my friend Daniel during lunch, when one of my other friends came over and started to insult Daniel. I was infuriated, but I didn't lose it. I stood up and looked at my friend and told him that what he said was insulting and wrong, but my friend was claiming that he was being sarcastic, and Daniel agreed.

In the end though, even if it was sarcastic, I still felt like it was still wrong that Daniel had to be made fun of. Whether it was standing up to my old friend or not, I still thought I could share this.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:01 pm
Recently, I was listening to a conversation where this kid was bragging about how many girls he "had slept with". Usually, I'm used to this, and ignore it.

But for some reason, I listened this time....well, anyway. He started making fun of this guy because he was still a virgin. And this instantly bugged me, because I was pestered about it too...and knew what it felt like.

So, I just set my book down, turned to the guy making fun of the other guy, and told him this, "Even if he's never had sex, and chooses to masturbate til he finds the right girl, at least he wont have to worry about having a child before he's 18, or how about not having to go to the local clinic every month to check for AIDS".

He just shut up after that.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Whisperer~Nightshade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:11 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
Recently, I was listening to a conversation where this kid was bragging about how many girls he "had slept with". Usually, I'm used to this, and ignore it.

But for some reason, I listened this time....well, anyway. He started making fun of this guy because he was still a virgin. And this instantly bugged me, because I was pestered about it too...and knew what it felt like.

So, I just set my book down, turned to the guy making fun of the other guy, and told him this, "Even if he's never had sex, and chooses to masturbate til he finds the right girl, at least he wont have to worry about having a child before he's 18, or how about not having to go to the local clinic every month to check for AIDS".

LOL, interesting. I probably would have said something like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:05 pm
Macabre_Cogitation

I knew there was a reason I loved you.

Actually, I didn't need that story to tell me that.

But you know what I'm saying.

heart

MortSanglant

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:38 pm
MortSanglant
Macabre_Cogitation

heart

Haha, thank you very much ^_^
I love you too.

Crow Czraina of the Sand: You should, next time you see that happening. Be very careful though, some may blow that out of porportion.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:04 pm
Totally misinterpreted the subject. I was all ready to be like "hell yeah I hate getting stood up!"  

Silenus Slade

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:09 pm
Silenus Slade
Totally misinterpreted the subject. I was all ready to be like "hell yeah I hate getting stood up!"

Haha, I know what you mean.
Then I got in here, and I was like, "You aren't what I thought you were".

Oh well, it's a good topic to have!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:28 am
Kitsune-Yokai
Also, I'm against drugs, and there's no way I'm evil. Sure, I wear a lot of black and still prefer anarchy to anything else, but I have the nickname "Buddhist" because I'm nice, somewhat calm, and I don't even kill bugs when they swarm around me. No, I'm not an actual buddhist; I actually don't really know anything about buddhism.

People like him pick on you because they're attracted to your strength. He just doesn't know how to express it properly, because he's jealous.

That's a pretty cool, and very flattering nickname. You might want to read up on Buddhism and or possibly Jainism, the reason behind the nickname might become clearer. Jainists care about the smaller forms of life like insects. Some stricter forms of Taoism and as far as I know, Tibetan Buddhism advocates compassion towards all animals.  

trampyre

Whisperer~Nightshade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:44 am
Macabre_Cogitation
MortSanglant
Macabre_Cogitation

heart

Haha, thank you very much ^_^
I love you too.

Crow Czraina of the Sand: You should, next time you see that happening. Be very careful though, some may blow that out of porportion.
That's true as well.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:09 am
I've had people stand up for me (also, unbeknownst to me), but unfortunately it didn't turn out so well. >.<

I temp at a Library near to me when they don't have enough people to work, so I'm called up at short notice to cover for a few hours. Now, I informed my boss that as it was summer and June, I was going to do what all freaks do and go to a festival, I even warned her that if she wanted me to come work for her a week before said festival I would have bright multi-coloured wool hair (advance warning to the old dears that come in to not give them a heart-attack)

So, the week before the festival I went and got my hair all freakified (and it looked damned cool might I add). Four days before I had to go I got called in for three hours work, thinking they knew about the dreads I said yeah sure, I'll come in.

Mistake.

My boss almost had an coronary, and acted like I hadn't told her anything at all about the dreads. Hell, she even tried to send me home but couldn't and not break the anti-discriminatory rules.

Now, at this point I will add that NOT ONE person complained at all about my hair, hell I even had one little old lady compliment me!! However, it turned out that my dear lovely boss was bitching about it to everyone the next day. stare

I didn't know anything about this until a few months later when I heard from my mum, and it turned out that a couple people defended me saying that they didn't see anything wrong with my hair, and that it was even a good message for the library services that they had someone to "represent youth culture" (lol)

But, my boss didn't see it that way and I wasn't asked to cover any more shifts for 3 months, apparently she was begging people to do the extra over time. This was despite me taking the offending items of wool out of my hair two weeks after the festival.

But, I got an extre morale boost, I covered some shifts at other librarys in another district (hey, I get £7.70 - $15 - an hour for it, where else am I gonna get that much from as a student?), and one of the people I worked with there was a recovering goth (mwahahaha! we're everywhere!). Turns out my dreads didn't just cause a ruckus in my district, they heard about it over there as well, when I told her I used to have dreads she just reacted "oh, that was you? I don't really know why people complained, technically it's discrimination, you could sue" rofl  

Isobel Bellamy

Etu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:51 pm
I stand up for myself every other week, whether it be me constantly talking about the orcas, or just my pure craziness and/or sarcasm.
rofl

I also tend to stand up for my friends at random moments, and it always seems to drive away the person that's picking on the friend of mine.
whee  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:38 pm
I heard from a close friend of mine that her aunt was over her house once, and my friends mum and her aunt were talking about me. Apparently the aunt thinks I'm wierd, and dosn't like me very much, and was apparently saying some negative things about me. However, after tis down-talking, my friends mom got rather upset, and defended me by saying that I was a responcible and overall decent girl, despite my outward apperance.

I didn't know about the conversation for a while, but my friend (who had overheard it), told me.

Alongside that, I try to defend others when I can. I used to always have to defend my ex, because she was a crossdresser, and was the subject of much gossip (and still is to this day...).

I'll also stand up when people are being insulted for stupid reasons (eg. sexuality, nationality, religion, style of dress, etc.), wether I know the victim or not.  

DreamerSpirit

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces