Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and Tell for 9/26

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Woo Hoo
  Gold!
View Results

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:06 am
What are you working on this week?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:37 am
Working on the Lilac Perdita in coral with white beads. I'm about 60% done already. 3nodding  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:25 pm
Peppermint Elf
Working on the Lilac Perdita in coral with white beads. I'm about 60% done already. 3nodding

That is really really cool...I don't think I have the patience to make something like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:16 pm
*sigh* my cragting has really slacked off. I go through spurts where all I do for weeks is knit, and then I may not touch my needles for a month or two.  

LadyAnubis

iWhore.4[Tofu]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:57 pm
whee
I'm still working on my Bell Bottoms. Dx
This is going to be my Second week. xD
I only have the weekends to work on them, though, so it's not that big of an issue. -shrugs-  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:19 pm
VP Club Freakin Justice
Peppermint Elf

That is really really cool...I don't think I have the patience to make something like that.
It goes really quickly. I think if I were more patient, this thing probably would've been done in 1 night. I just have a short attention span. sweatdrop  

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

P 1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:20 pm

I'm workin' on some tote bags for friends.

The general construction is easy, but it'll be my first time installing zippers for side pockets...

SO that'll be interesting...

I'm going to paint fun stuff on 'em and then give them to my friends randomly... Or maybe hold on to them for Christmas gifts :X

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:58 pm
P 1

I'm workin' on some tote bags for friends.

The general construction is easy, but it'll be my first time installing zippers for side pockets...

SO that'll be interesting...

I'm going to paint fun stuff on 'em and then give them to my friends randomly... Or maybe hold on to them for Christmas gifts :X

Thanks for the reminder...I haven't really done much crafty stuff this week but I finally got the buckle for a purse I made for my friend for her graduation from college that I need to get put on by tomorrow night.  

VP Club Freakin Justice

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:55 am
I found some (very basic) instructions for making ferret toys from old beads, plastic easter eggs, and yarn or crochet thread. I didn't like the way this person had crocheted the cover on hers, it was too loose for my taste and I thought it could be dangerous to the ferrets if they accidently broke the egg inside. I found some old Speed Cro-sheen (aproximately size 3 crochet cotton) I had lying around and am crocheting close fitting covers for the eggs. They got the seal of approval from the shelter mom, so I'm going to make more just as soon as my hands recover a bit.
Ferrets don't see very well and they're kind of like two-year-olds, they often eat things they shouldn't. Because their digestive systems are so small they can get blockages and die from them. If the eggs broke for some reason, they could eat the beads and get very sick, or they could cut themselves on the broken plastic. I want to try to make sure that they can't get to the pieces if they break the eggs.
A big bonus to this project is that it's a serious stash buster for me. The beads I'm using are some that my grandmother gave to me years ago and I haven't been able to find a use for them until now. The eggs are ones that my daughter collected at past Easter egg hunts, and the thread I'm using has been in my stash for almost as long as I've been crocheting.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:55 am
I'm still working on this yarn. Which, yes, is what I was working on in the tutorial I made over the summer. I just haven't put the time in, and when I do, it's one problem after another. I've had my singles pulled off the spindle by errant children, breaks in the yarn, tangles, bleh.

I'd pick it up again right now since the mood's hit me, but it's 3am. xp  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:39 am
I'm still working at this honeycomb sweater. Still, because I already ripped the whole thing out three times. First I used the wrong size needle, second I found out that I suck at math... Third time I also sucked at math.

So... I hope this time it is alright. I am running out of yarn. And that sucks too.

Moddeling is Litha, one of my cats.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The back. The honeycomb form is at the back the most visible. Though it is not very visible on the picture.... sad

The front, the stripes are better visible from this side. I'm guessing that the end result wil be wareble from two sides.

Well, Litha prefers the back side for clawing. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:02 pm
I'm trying to make a pointy ribbed pixie cap for my mom.
I'm not very good at remembering what stitch and row I'm at, so I'm having some difficulty... rolleyes  

Sly Grin

Zinonya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:42 pm
I'm working on my profilo for college. I plan on majoring in fashion. I'm currently working on a skirt thats in three pieces. Its kind of turning out how i want it to. lol  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games