Submit

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:15 pm
I have been having a problem recently with meditation. When ever i try to meditate i get a really bad pain around my third eye i thought at first it might have been because i was tensing my face because thats what it feels like but it dosnt happen when i am trieing to go to sleep only when i meditate. I would like some advice on maby what this could be and how to solve the problem if you guys dont mind.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:51 am
mouseyanna
I have been having a problem recently with meditation. When ever i try to meditate i get a really bad pain around my third eye i thought at first it might have been because i was tensing my face because thats what it feels like but it dosnt happen when i am trieing to go to sleep only when i meditate. I would like some advice on maby what this could be and how to solve the problem if you guys dont mind.

My methods for mediation result in radically different effects.

Especially since I am unaware of this third eye.

Best parallel I could draw is that you might be mediating too close to heavy negative energy flow. That can be wicked painful (I get sick to my stomach from it usually). I don't know what effect Neg E exposure would have on a third eye (as I don't even know what it is), but heavy Neg E exposure tends to not be good for any humans, as we're a little more aligned towards The Positive on the Spectrum then we are to The Negative.

So try making sure the location you're mediating in isn't the scene of any violent crimes, or demolitions of buildings. Also avoid areas that could be symbolic for highly Negative Aspects. Like the War Aspect for instance, being near a symbol of war can get you caught in a flow of high Neg E that might be drawn to it.

Other than that I doubt I'll be much help, until someone explains the concept of the third eye to me.  

PoeticVengeance

Jezehbelle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:45 am
It sortof sounds like a chakra blockage.
I can't explain too much on it, since I don't really do chakra meditations much myself, but, from what I understand, if you work with it gently, not forcing anything, you might be able to alieviate some of that discomfort and work threw the block (if that's what it is).

It's something to look into (first before trying)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:02 am
If you have a spirit guide to work with, they might be able to help you find the source of the tension and release it. There may also be some methods to help release the tension once you notice it starting. Sometimes when I start getting a muscle cramp or something I can literally will it away with enough focus.  

Starlock
Crew

Aquajade

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:12 am
It sounds to me like you're trying a bit too hard and the tension around your third eye is a concentration of that. I would suggest doing some basic relaxation before you try to meditate.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:14 pm
First, a question; what are you trying to get out of meditating?
If you meditate to relax, you're just pushing it too much. Meditation needs to be eased into, relaxed into.

If you meditate to center yourself, any one of the above answers could be part of it. Meditating in a protective circle would cut negative energy, and casting one could help put you in a mindset to meditate more effectively.

If you are meditating to work with your chakras, you may, again, be pushing it too much. Relax, work with your other chakras, and it'll get better.  

phantomkitsune

Dangerous Enabler

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:28 pm
You can also try cleansing your third eye chakra; it may help, or it may not, but it's always a good idea to try and clear the ol' chakras out once in a while. It can help keep you from getting sick, along with a variety of other things.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:25 am
Alrighty I read up on Chakras and the third eye (Thanks for the info Nihl!), it very well could be strain on the third eye itself from trying to hard or a blockage of chakra.

I would still check for high Neg E flow, and the protective channeling is a good idea too.

Symbols of protective Aspects will work pretty well (The Armor Aspect and the Earth Aspect both have ridiculous potential for protective power), depending on how much faith in those particular Aspects you have. Although any Aspect you channel enough can be used for warding and protection.

I tend to use the Star/Radiance Aspect to ward myself, tracing out Brimstar's crest over my heart whenever I feel a heavy flow of Neg, or feel hostile spiritual presences nearby. I'm just strongly attuned to that particular Aspect and channel through it often.

Obviously whatever method works the best (be it a protective circle, runes, or etc etc) is the one you should use.  

PoeticVengeance

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff