Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
all the stuff I'v been doing, yay! imge heavy Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:02 pm
ok so I have not meen around in a little wile, life has been a "little" crazy. rolleyes
any how lets stop talking about me, and I'll show ytou some of the things I'v been making.
ok so I just got a new sowing matchine (LOVE) and I could take a beginning sowing class at a discownt, and it would teach quilting, somthing I have never done, and I could do a final progect, and I thought it would be a good way to get me off my but and make somthing I had the patern and fabric for.

here is the tabel-runner I made.
User Image
ok yes its a tabel-runner on a wall...but it dose not go with anything in our house, so I keep it on my wall.
User Image
my insperation for this comes from the book I'm reading, 'Looking Glass War's'.
User Image
and here is the kimono I'v been meaning to make for ever 9 months.
User Image
User Image
yay crap photo! whee

ok, here's the scarf I'v been knitting for over a month. xp
I WAS going to weave in the end's of the white, but every one loved them and told to to keep them, so I addes some tassel's, and then I added more...and then more. xd and to think, this is the first time I'v ever added tassel's to anyting... I'm thinking about cutting some of them back, what do you think?

ok I'v been thinking about spinning for some time now.
so I finaly did.
I made myself my own dropspindle (thank you Dad's power tools) and picked up some wool from the little knitting store downtown, and well you know the rest.
what I'v knitted up was the first of it, yes its first class crap, but I love it, and dow I'm making some more.
User Image
User Image

I would love some coments! whee  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:02 am
man, you have just totally made my day.
That stuff is the awesomeness.
How did you get that goldie stuff on that picture.  

I be me
Vice Captain

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:29 pm
Wow! You did a great job on those. I had to look again at the runner to see the card suits in one of the fabrics, I like the subtleness of it.
I just got a flyer from my LYS and they're offering a class on spinning with a drop spindle, after looking at your results I'm thinking that I'd like to take it.
Kudos to you on all of your projects.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:46 pm
h how I wish I had the time to take a quilting class right now I don't get to do enough of it. I have to wait until december before I'll be around a sewing machine again.  

VP Club Freakin Justice

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:37 pm
I Be Me: thank you very much, I really like what I'v made, but what do you mean about the gold? sweatdrop

ForestGreen: thank's...I was there with a friend who was also reading the book and she thought thed'd be really cool, I like it a lot.

VP Club Freakin Justice: I think its a lot of fun, and the wool is really cheep...so it helps to give you somthing to do, you not only knit but you spin too.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:48 pm
Yay, spinning! It looks really good, by the way. 3nodding  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:28 pm
I love that picture of you in the robe/yukata. BTW... you look so pimp in that. cool Great job!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:15 pm
DecemberFlower: the redish stuff is comming out ok...the blue/green was crap, yet I liked how it had that... hand spun look.

Peppermint Elf: thank's. redface mrgreen  

Lee Kushrenada

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:56 pm
*rereads*
nevermind....
(for some reason I thaught the photo of the book was a poster you photoshoped or collaged or something then embossed with gold that was inspired by a book)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:43 pm
I be me
*rereads*
nevermind....
(for some reason I thaught the photo of the book was a poster you photoshoped or collaged or something then embossed with gold that was inspired by a book)

I wish! xd .....ya know... that sound like a cool idea. rolleyes  

Lee Kushrenada

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:21 am
The quilt is beautifull! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:35 pm
Elfin Brill

thank you!
I really what to try quiltting other thing's now.
what I really want to try and do is, to just randomly quilt together a bonch of random fabric's, and then just them up and use then for fabric, so I could bake a jacket (or somthing) and have random quilted sleeves. whee I think if done right, it would be REALLY cool!  

Lee Kushrenada

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:43 pm
Lee Kushrenada
DecemberFlower: the redish stuff is comming out ok...the blue/green was crap, yet I liked how it had that... hand spun look.

I thought the blue stuff came out pretty good. Looks a little extratwisty, but that's probably because it's just a single. But it still looks good to me.

But yeah, I think my first handspun was kind of crap, too, if only because it's too chunky.

The red stuff looks good, too. How's the homemade spindle working out?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:54 pm
DecemberFlower
Lee Kushrenada

I thought the blue stuff came out pretty good. Looks a little extratwisty, but that's probably because it's just a single. But it still looks good to me.

But yeah, I think my first handspun was kind of crap, too, if only because it's too chunky.

The red stuff looks good, too. How's the homemade spindle working out?

no the first stuff was 2ply. sweatdrop
and I am getting better at it and I think it show's in the red, not that its good enough to sell or anything, but I'm liking it, and its fun too... and it makes the proses longer, witch is good if you have a lot of free time on your hand's. (coz don't ya know that I just have so much time to spend on spinning and knitting. stare )  

Lee Kushrenada

VP Club Freakin Justice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:15 am
Lee Kushrenada
Elfin Brill

thank you!
I really what to try quiltting other thing's now.
what I really want to try and do is, to just randomly quilt together a bonch of random fabric's, and then just them up and use then for fabric, so I could bake a jacket (or somthing) and have random quilted sleeves. whee I think if done right, it would be REALLY cool!

My ex-mother-in-law made stuff like that. It can be done.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff