Reply ~ Main Forum ~
why gaia why? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poncho steve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:24 pm
does any one else think gaia has gone main stream and is really starting to suck?
does nay one else mis the anime roleplay community it used to be?
not the idiotic rps they have now  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:25 pm
all the damn cybering threads with the sexually frustraited 12yr olds  

poncho steve

H a m b e r g l e r

Feral Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:43 pm
I'm getting tired of all the sexually frustrated kids posting threads... It's getting old. stressed  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:46 pm
Going mainstream?

It's always been mainstream.  

GilAskan
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:12 pm
I disagree.
There's nowhere near as many people talking about Gaia at my school as there are people talking about MySpace - in fact, sometimes I think I'm the only one from Palo Verde High who even knows what the hell Gaia is.
There's a lot of members, but Gaia doesn't get much publicity (nor does it need any)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:48 pm

hah thats funny.

i found like 2 people in my school who know about gaia
i didnt think it was mainstream at all o.O

thatll suck if it gets too popular because like little preps like "hEY did you get my message on gAiA ?"
and then theres the ting about
"omg i saw you on gaiA! " >.=

Starfish Attack

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:47 pm
Mainstream among 8-12 year-olds.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:42 am
Ungh, I noticed it getting especially worse recently, but, I don't think its that bad for an intentionally mainstream created thing... Damn you myspace and nexopia, lol.  

Dorian Requiem

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:05 am
I have not noticed this trend at all.
While I do see that the members are increasing among the lower ages of chidlren, I don't feel as if Gaia has gone completely "mainstream".

Gaia is still as is has always been, a safe haven for those who want to express their creativity and meet others around the world.

Yet, everyone may see something completely different when staring at the same puzzle.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:31 am
Gaia hasn't gone mainstream just gotten more popular around younger ages it happens as long as its not as big as myspace I'm happy.  

Dante Omura

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:58 pm
Yeah, I think Gaia's gone down the crapper. On the main forums, anyway. The GD has always been full of smut, but lately there are so many misplaced threads, and so many trolls in the decent threads, that it's not worth reading anymore. The ED's been infected with trolls who (I kid you not!) post pictures of what they've just done in the toilet. And the Chatterbox... yeah, we all know about the Chatterbox.

I don't think Gaia's getting more mainstream, really. They've always tried to be mainstream enough to appeal to a lot of people. You know how it goes... more people, more donations, more money for the staff.

The trouble is that it worked so well. Gaia's got so popular that new people are joining all the time, and the crowds attract trolls. Thank goodness for the guilds, I say!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:34 pm
Veruniel
Yeah, I think Gaia's gone down the crapper. On the main forums, anyway. The GD has always been full of smut, but lately there are so many misplaced threads, and so many trolls in the decent threads, that it's not worth reading anymore. The ED's been infected with trolls who (I kid you not!) post pictures of what they've just done in the toilet. And the Chatterbox... yeah, we all know about the Chatterbox.

I don't think Gaia's getting more mainstream, really. They've always tried to be mainstream enough to appeal to a lot of people. You know how it goes... more people, more donations, more money for the staff.

The trouble is that it worked so well. Gaia's got so popular that new people are joining all the time, and the crowds attract trolls. Thank goodness for the guilds, I say!

Agreed.
They're the only safe havens... I just wish they were as active as the smutty forums. gonk  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:43 pm
It's not going mainstream, it's going tardstream. Guilds are the only places worth posting anymore.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:41 pm
You shouldn't just start to hate things because they get mainstream.  

Darken_mortal

poncho steve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:44 pm
Darken_mortal
You shouldn't just start to hate things because they get mainstream.
im sorry but when people of oure stupidityike some thing it inda ruins it for me  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff