Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
DPN???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moo
  GOLD! :D
View Results

MicroMiniMuffins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:36 pm
Okay. This is proof. That I am stoopeed. In dee head.
I have NO IDEA how to use DPN. NO IDEA. NO IDEA!
So.
I need help.
Even though I figured out how to make them love me two years ago, I have forgotten everything that my stoopeed brain taught me and I'm kind of very confused.
So...help, please?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:05 pm
Do you know how to knit in the round on a circular needle? It's the same technique, but instead of one continuous cord, you split the stitches onto 3 or 4 DPNs and use the extra DPN to knit around your project one DPN at a time.

Say you have 16 stitches and 5 DPNs. Split the 16 stitches onto 4 needles (4 stitches on each needle). Looking down at your work, it should make a square. Knit one side of the square with the 5th DPN, then knit the next side, and the next, and so on. Eventually you'll have a nice tube.  

Catcheen
Crew

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:31 am
and just do add a tip to what Catcheen said, as it is all true, just like how when your knitting with straight's and how you go back and forth, and your left needle become's your right once you made a rowe, the DPN your knitting on, will then become the needle that end's up in your hand, and you have to knit on all 3 or 4 DPN to make one rowe.
to some this may have meen a "duh", but that really helped me out when I first started on my DPN, witch I LOVE.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:33 am
I just learned to use dpns about a month ago, and cast on for my second project on them right after I bound off the first project. I've found that until you get a good 5 rows on them, the needles fling around and click against each other, and try to poke you in the eyes, and just generally get in the way. So just be aware that they get easier as you give them some foundation to hang from.

When I cast on, I usually cast on to one needle (or if it's a lot of stitches, I'll cast on to a single point of the same size and distribute them all from that instead of trying to cram them all on the short dpn), and then slip them all purlwise onto the needles as needed, then join them, making sure to not twist the stiches when you do.

Pull the first two stitches a little tighter than you normally would, or you'll get ladders between the loose joining stitches. One way I've avoided that, was to knit two stitches from the next needle with the old working needle before knitting with the new empty one. That way your join spirals around your tube of knitting, so you don't have a whole stack of loose stitches to show up when you're done.  

tulokyn

MicroMiniMuffins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:52 am
Omigawd thank you. I love you people. Really. <.<
Those tips helped me a lot. Senkyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:57 pm
so....what are you making?! blaugh  

Lee Kushrenada

MicroMiniMuffins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:54 am
Lee Kushrenada

Karasu (he's the first puppet that Kankuro {AKA the guy in the kitty hood with the purple makeup} uses. He's from Naruto. biggrin ) for my halloween costume...but I think it'll be more for like a year from now to drag around behind me and spook out the poor souls that will have the misfortune to know me in highschool... biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:09 am
MicroMiniMuffins
Lee Kushrenada

Karasu (he's the first puppet that Kankuro {AKA the guy in the kitty hood with the purple makeup} uses. He's from Naruto. biggrin ) for my halloween costume...but I think it'll be more for like a year from now to drag around behind me and spook out the poor souls that will have the misfortune to know me in highschool... biggrin

if I was in your high school I would so do it with you! xd  

Lee Kushrenada

MicroMiniMuffins

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:10 pm
Lee Kushrenada
MicroMiniMuffins
Lee Kushrenada

That would be amazing...then we could sit there and make them talk to each other and REALLY freak out the poor souls that have the misfortune to know us in highschool...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:17 am
MicroMiniMuffins
Lee Kushrenada
MicroMiniMuffins
Lee Kushrenada

That would be amazing...then we could sit there and make them talk to each other and REALLY freak out the poor souls that have the misfortune to know us in highschool...

lucky for the poor soule's... not to many people in high school know me. ninja  

Lee Kushrenada

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff