Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
Why does POTC have such a wide appeal? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We pilfer, we plunder, we rifle and loot...
  Drink up, me 'earties, yo-ho!
View Results

hydroh
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:35 pm
Heheh. The guild was kind of dead, so I made a new topic for everyone. heart

Okay, so, POTC biggrin MC set several records in its first three days, with an opening weekend of $135,000,000. As of September 2006, the film has made about $419,000,000 in the U.S. and became the third film to reach the $1,000,000,000 worldwide mark. Why do you think this is so? Is it because it's exciting for kids and adults? Is it because of the actors? Maybe just everyone loves pirates?

Share your thoughts!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:44 pm
For me it's Captain Jack Sparrow cause he's just such a fun charicture. He's not completly good or evil just like real life, and no matter what he gets into he always seems to escape out of it somehow.  

Hudine Wolfspirit

ORACH

4,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:59 pm
One: Pirates are everyones dirty secret

Two: There are two major hotties in the film. That will cause anyone to see a movie.

Three: POTC: Curse of the black pearl, was sweet, and that made everyone else want to see the second one.

<3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:04 pm
Its a combo of things - it caters to nearly everyone. Johnny Depp lovers. Orlando *cringe* lovers. Pirate lovers. Disney lovers. Johnny as a pirate fanatics. Kids. Teens. Young adults. Adults. Elders. Nautical fans, fantasy fans, the list goes on and on.... Its impossible not to appeal to the masses out there. biggrin

iPod Love
One: Pirates are everyones dirty secret

SERIOUSLY. heart
Hollywood is (or was) looong overdue for a good swashbuckling movie.  

Chevaliers de Sangreal

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:46 am
I think it's because it appeals to everyone....both girls and guys like it (will and jack for the girls...elizabeth for the guys)...it's packed with action...there is humour...it's light-hearted...and the characters are loveable 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:03 pm
1. Pirates are sex. <3

2. It has a great funny, adventureous, and deep storyline.

3. The actors.

4. There are sadly alot of teenies in our world.

[.Beautiful Lies.]

Timid Lunatic

The-Earth-Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:16 am
A Reason: Davy Jones is cool and the doggy is in it  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:12 pm
Shadow__Dweller
I think it's because it appeals to everyone....both girls and guys like it (will and jack for the girls...elizabeth for the guys)...it's packed with action...there is humour...it's light-hearted...and the characters are loveable 3nodding
I think you've got it!  

Phoenixliv

9,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Edward 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Shadow__Dweller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:55 am
Phoenixliv
Shadow__Dweller
I think you've got it!

xd it has everything..romance..humour..action..drama.. xp even horror.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:50 pm
Hudine Wolfspirit
For me it's Captain Jack Sparrow cause he's just such a fun charicture. He's not completly good or evil just like real life, and no matter what he gets into he always seems to escape out of it somehow.
That is so true. I totally agree 3nodding  

achoo123

[M]arquis de LaFayette

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:25 am
What you all said, and it has enough twists in the plot (esp. in the 2nd movie) to keep everyone interested.

pirate = heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:26 pm
cookie2223
Hudine Wolfspirit
That is so true. I totally agree 3nodding

3nodding whee heart  

XXDesertRoseXX

~DancingThroughLife~

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:20 am
I think it's beacause the pirates are basically loveable characters, but they're also on the wrong side of the law, and who doesn't want to break the rules occasionally? biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:42 pm
Shadow__Dweller

I agree with what you said. Plus they did a great job with the casting and getting the right actors for the rolls. And it's something that the whole family can enjoy not just one particular age group or gender! That and the fact that pirate stories have been around forever but there is a serious lack of them. It's a great way to escape from reality for a while and have fun doing it!

jambare

7,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Mrs Sparrow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:37 pm
................. For me i saw a picture of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow and was like heart heart heart heart heart heart heart MUT SEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.................. and ended up seeing it quite a few times XD at cinema  
Welcome To The Deck Luv

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff