Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Memorable Threads
the challenge thread ~ up and running... sort of... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[waffles]

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:40 pm
Match items that are difficult or even impossible to match! (or just for the hell of it)
Current challenge: JACKtASS (red/yellow/purple)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

UPDATE: I cleaned and updated this thread with the soldat coat entries (all 5 of them). I will try to keep it up and running as much as possible, but no promises. I am a lot busier than I used to be, but I will still be stopping by from time to time. I love you guys! xd

The purpose of this thread is to challenge you to make a good avatar out of items that are technically impossible to match, because there is no other item that is the exact same color in Gaia. Some of the items I put on here do have one or two items that match or at least come really close, but it's still fun to see if you can make a decent outfit out of it! And who better to take on this challenge than ATers?

Every few days or so I will list a different item for everyone to try to make a good avi out of, and I'll post a few that I thought were good. Note: If I don't happen to post yours, don't be offended. This is not a contest, I just pick ones to show as examples. A lot of the other ones that have been made are very good, too. You don't have to do the current week's item, I'll just list a different item every few days. And if you want to suggest an item, feel free to do so.

Thank you to those who have given me ideas and have encouraged me to keep this thread going! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:43 pm
~ LINKS ~

I have all of the challenges stored on my photobucket account *HERE*.

Link to the "Dream" Avatar Creator NEW! arrow http://www.tektek.org/dream/

Link to the Gavsim (Gaia Avatar Simulator): IT WORKS! arrow http://www.gavsim.net/

Link to the GAC (Gaia Avatar Creator) website: STILL DOWN
http://avatarcreator.shoutpad.com/  

[waffles]

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Millionaire 200

[waffles]

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:46 pm
~ THE CHALLENGES ~

(30) Soldat Coats pages 40 - 41
User Image

(31) JACKtASS (red/yellow/purple) pages 41 - ???  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:50 pm
I think the admins purposely make some things hard to match. gonk Matching the Kodiak Bear hat is like matching one of those Wrinkled shirts. D:  

doctor zoidberg

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:36 am
that hat like matches nothing... only thing identical to the colors is the mink items. gonk but anyways here were my attempts at making it look good...

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:42 am
forget all of those , i love what you're wearing now! heart  

Princess Nausicaa

Distinct Gaian

1,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

[waffles]

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:08 am
candycrack
that hat like matches nothing... only thing identical to the colors is the mink items. gonk but anyways here were my attempts at making it look good...

User Image

It doesn't really match the complex jacket very well, but the last two are pretty good. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:43 am
[waffles]
candycrack

User Image

It doesn't really match the complex jacket very well, but the last two are pretty good. 3nodding

yes but I do like the lime and brown one, the complex jacket just adds the right amount of darkness for the outer lines. Either way the mink set is the only thing identical too it and Im not about to use those items. xd  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Miss Puu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:15 am
Here's mine. I dont know if youll like her , but I think she's cute ^^

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:16 am
I thought that was just me! eek I was trying my hand at it on the sim, checking every brown item and noticed that the Mink Clothing looked pretty identical. stressed  

laFred

Pistol Kiss

Saint Elder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:18 am
*wants*
nice job  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:20 am
laFred
I thought that was just me! eek I was trying my hand at it on the sim, checking every brown item and noticed that the Mink Clothing looked pretty identical. stressed

I dont think the mink clothes match so well ... I think maybe my eye sight is going bad ^^'''  

Miss Puu

Princess Nausicaa

Distinct Gaian

1,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:52 pm
Bah how could the gavsim not have a shiny pendant, or winged anklets, or an emo bag, or let you show a watch? oh well, this is as close as i could get to my look with a bear hat instead of a brown pilot gogg!

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:25 pm
User Image domokun  

crappybunny

alhandra patchoulii

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:02 am
User Image

I like it.  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff