Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do u have to deal with skool problems?
  yea
View Results

Neko In The Hun Era(Goth)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:33 am
Ok there are only 2 maybe 3 goths at my school...me and my friend are one of them. Every damn day i, not her cause she dosnt go as far as black jeans and a vintage shirt, have to deal with ppls shitty questions and their fake answers to what goth is and other stupid stuff.
And to make matters worse, my school is divided(preps, gossipers, jocks, ect) but you wont find punk or goth or even anti-socials in that catagory....its ******** up really.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:26 pm
Around here goth/punk/emo/etc tend to catch a lot of hell from ignorant red necks. Preps can swing two ways, either creeped out yet some what fasinated or whispering loudly about you as you walk by. Most gangsta-ish people around here tend to cut you more slack than you might think they would. They might grin and shake their head, but they don't verbally attack you. I've had a 6th grader on my bus assume I was a witch and asked if I'd cast spells to help him find his friend's sister. rolleyes I was like, "Uh, can't help you sweetie."

Personally for me a lot of the time, people are too scared to say anything, good or bad, to my face. I don't know why. Perhaps it's becuase when my face is at rest I tend to look pissed off even when I'm actually in a really good mood.  

TheWitchGotRobin

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:33 pm
I never had a problem with people asking me questions.

Sure, I got the occassional "are you goth?" question, as they leaned back a bit, baiting their breath for my answer.

But seriously, why should it bother you that people are ignorant and feel the need to ask dumbass questions?

If you're happy with who you are, who cares what they think.

Just ignore them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:34 pm
eh...lol normally i have a dead look or emotionless mask up that i have worked on over the years
it works well when ppl know im not to happy  

Neko In The Hun Era(Goth)

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:41 pm
Not usually, which makes me a bit happy I go to a school in the suburbs. Everyone always thinks I'm either pissed off or depressed, when more than half the time I'm just neutral. So, bounty_hunter_bk, I know how you feel.

I'm constantly asked "What's wrong," or just plain out avoided. The big territorial controversy between the rockers (which included goths, punks, head bangers, even the emos got into it... not that there's anything wrong with that), BPC (hispanic crew in southern California), and some black gang (I don't remember who) that happened at my school last year doesn't help me a bit. Because of that, I'm either respected in the wrong way or (once again) avoided.

I've found the teachers and the subs are more "comment friendly." A sub I just had today was talking about witches and possesion because we were watching The Crucible in class. She was Christian, and somehow started talking about these things she thought about a roommate of hers in college. She said the girl constantly wore black, kept to herself, had these rituals, and claimed to be a witch. I asked the sub how she knew the girl was a witch, and she boldly said, "You could tell." I guess it doesn't help I was wearing all black (most is from New York & Company, I must confess) and a dog collar with a pentagram hanging off of it. I might just be paranoid, but it seemed like she was giving me wierd looks for the rest of the day. Whatever happened to being Christian?

By the way, I have nothing against Christians, just hipocrites.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:02 pm
Where I go to school, I'm forced to wear a uniform. But, since I am female, I enjoy occasionally mixing it up and throwing on a tie with skulls on it :]

However, the truly disgruntling part comes on dress-down days, where I wear my normal clothes. I had a teacher stare at me like I was going to eat her children once O.o;;

((Uhh, it probably doesn't help that I'm a pagan in a Catholic school xD))

Anywho, my school is really great in that there indeed are certain groups of people who are assholes and talk only to themselves. But the majourity of kids at my school will talk to anyone, and I'm friends with some of the girls you could prematurely classify as "high maintenance".

There's only one or two other kids like me in my school, but we don't form a clique and hang out. In fact, I don't even know the others. That's how well integrated my school is.

-shrug- I'm lucky I suppose :3

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:03 pm
cliques are lame, I never understood them. I would recommend not worrying about it too much, and get to know people personally instead of by their cliques.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:48 pm
bounty_hunter_bk
Around here goth/punk/emo/etc tend to catch a lot of hell from ignorant red necks. Preps can swing two ways, either creeped out yet some what fasinated or whispering loudly about you as you walk by. Most gangsta-ish people around here tend to cut you more slack than you might think they would. They might grin and shake their head, but they don't verbally attack you. I've had a 6th grader on my bus assume I was a witch and asked if I'd cast spells to help him find his friend's sister. rolleyes I was like, "Uh, can't help you sweetie."

Personally for me a lot of the time, people are too scared to say anything, good or bad, to my face. I don't know why. Perhaps it's becuase when my face is at rest I tend to look pissed off even when I'm actually in a really good mood.
yeah got the same prob here... 3nodding  

death will come by wings

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:14 am
I goto college....so there's a million cliques to begin with. But yeah the goths all get the stares and avoidences like anywhere else. There are a LOT of people that love us though and think we're the greatest.
Just yesterday my friend (not goth) asked me out to lunch and it supprised me because I didn't think she thought of me as that close a friend, go figure.

College is much more kind then highschool when it comes to goths, I believe.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:14 am
At my school there are alot of different classes. It spread into goths punks preps and gangsters. It pisses me off that alot of the people who say they're punk or goth are just posers. . So the majority of the people at my school are preps. The other majority is posers. There's about twenty true punks/goths. IT also pisses me off when people get all pissy and s**t just because you wear eyeliner and black nailpolish. All antone wants is for all of us to be exactly the same. THey try to stamp out what makes us unique. THen the gangsters think they're better because they have to be pussys and carry knifes into a fight. What the hel is up with people.  

scott the archangel

DR490N

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:31 am
there are 3 big scenes here: pop-punk, emo, and gangsta rap(which is funny considering this is like the whitest city ever...i think i've seen maybe 12 black people in my entire life here). when i say goth, most people immediately jump to the conclusion that i cut myself, listen to marolyn manson, and might go and kill somebody.

now, though the possibility of murder isnt something i find so bad, seeign as theres alot of people on this planet that should have been killed a long time ago, and i'm not against vengenace killings if they are wholly warranted, i do not cut myself, i do not listen to marolyn manson, in fact i hate him for many of the stupid things he says and does, which is a shame because he's really quite an intelligent man. cutting is foolish, stupid, and serves no purpose except to become an addiction. what i like to do is turn on my mp3 player to some tones on tail or bauhaus, and put the headphones on their head and say "this here is goth music. pay close attention to the lyrics and you'll see that it's really about poetic intelligence."

that usually shuts them up. still though, most people are intimidated by me so they stay away.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:31 am
Well, most people talk about me behind my back (though I hear every single word they say)

and there's the ocasional boy that'll tease me,
but the only questions I get are: "how can you walk with those boots on?" and "are you going to put a spell on me?"

but I don't consider that a problem domokun  

SweetPolaris

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:24 am
Kitsune-Yokai

(most is from New York & Company, I must confess)

I like that store. mrgreen If I had the money I'd shop their more often.

Quote:

By the way, I have nothing against Christians, just hipocrites.

Word. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:36 pm
ugh my gosh
at my school tis horrible.i ge the always ever popular "are you goth?" and "do you worship SATAN" and what ticks me is when people say "do you bElieVe in satan." im like "yea.i bELIEVE hes real" and the other day i got all these ghetto people just mobbed around me asking me s**t wah >.< i cannot STAND the questions i m asked. "are you a VAMPIRE?" "do you cast SPELLS?" "is it FUN being gothiC?" "do you CUT yourself?" "is your moThEr gothic?" "what do you DOO?" ARRRGGGGG
their STUPIDITY makes me want to HARM MYSEEELLLLFFFF

another thing is that there were literally NO goths in my school(well 1) before i came. and now there are many little poser peoples RAHHHHHHHHH its like SHUTUP go to HELL im sure youd eNNJOY IT attempting to be every form of gothic stereo type in your POTATOE SHOES and little ripped jeans with a black t-shirt you brag about your mother not wanting you to wear...........and they just loooove the attention they get when they tell people they 'worship satan' damn...............arrrg...........

Starfish Attack

anime_freak777

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:43 pm
I used to at my gradeschool,but now alot of people at my new school are goth,punk, emo,and scene.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff