Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey, a poll!
  Whatever...
View Results

Paico

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:40 am
My psychiatrist is putting me on anti-depressiva. Anyone with experience that can give me some clues? I have no idea what kind of medication it will be. I`ll know next week..

I just need some pointers, and feel like being informed before the meeting with my doctor. Hate showing up feeling like a dimwit with no clue what he is talking about... xp  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:48 am
All the way back on page 8 is a thread called What's Your View on Anti-Depressants? that might have some useful information and info for you if you feel the desire to wander through it and read some people's opinions on the subject.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Paico

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:49 am
lurichan
All the way back on page 8 is a thread called What's Your View on Anti-Depressants? that might have some useful information and info for you if you feel the desire to wander through it and read some people's opinions on the subject.

Thanks! blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:54 am
Midnight Emily
lurichan

Thanks! blaugh

Sure, not a problem. I'm sure it will still be a great topic for discussion again, I just wanted to find the old thread really quick as a reference point.

A brief summary is that each person reacts differently to different drugs. Some people will get good results and other people won't. It all depends on what really works out for you, or if anything works out for you. If something isn't working though you need to tell your doctor because there is no point in taking a drug that isn't helping you and giving you side effects.

Personally I perfer to avoid medication whenever possible, but that's just me. I don't like the thought of being doped up on a pill all day long just to be "okay" with the world. I would perfer to have my drastic swings in mood and feel all the emotions as vibrantly as ever instead of having something dull my senses to the point where I no longer cared as much about the bad things happening in my life. That is my personal choice though. Because of this though, I don't really have too much information or first hand experiences to offer.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

UraniumMonk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:24 am
Wikipedia usually has pretty good information on specific drugs, if you feel like looking them up.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:33 am
I guess statistically most people would benefit from a sort of anti-depressant. If only people didn't have such varied reactions...they might start putting it in the water.
What a great way to shower.  

Silenus Slade

death will come by wings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:11 pm
They are addive make you very tired best not to eat or drink anything caffenated with them. and hard to get off of, they have a few unfun facts about them as well. Really they are not healthy to take unless you really need them but that is also what thearpy is for though.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:48 pm
Re: anti-depressants in the water.

Actually they are in the groundwater, in significant quantitites and becoming something of a hazard due to their longevity well after exiting the human body. There was a show on about this, and it specifcally showed that using sewage "sludge" as fertilizer increased a lot of strange things to enter the environment such as this. . .

Re: main thread
Heh, I've been on Zyprexa for 6 years, a kind of mood stabilizer. I'd say that if it's something that's necessary for you take it, and sure be informed. You may find you can learn more about your specific needs than your over-worked Psychiatrist can.  

Jasop_Buttement

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:16 am
I don't trust them at all. I'd go with theropy until I was 99% sure that the it wasn't helping. Even then I might not take em. I've personally seen them cause more problems than they solve.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:23 pm
Anti-Depressents may sometimes induce or increase suicidal thoughts so watc how you use them.  

Dante Omura

GreedsLittleEdo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:01 pm
I'll never take anything if I ever was depressed, all that stuff does is make it worse or just ruine's your body to no end. If someone got suicidal from taking meds for depression, the person just needs to be slapped.. I think thats all those pills are for it to make you think thoughts like that and ruine your body. Hell I'll never see a person for depression because you can't trust a simple little pill is going to make everything better..  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:55 pm
I've had no bad side effects with mine. Don't stress, I say.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:23 pm
GreedsLittleEdo
I'll never take anything if I ever was depressed, all that stuff does is make it worse or just ruine's your body to no end. If someone got suicidal from taking meds for depression, the person just needs to be slapped.. I think thats all those pills are for it to make you think thoughts like that and ruine your body. Hell I'll never see a person for depression because you can't trust a simple little pill is going to make everything better..

Well, actually, with me and my Zoloft, it worked. ALot. It brought me back from the brink of suicide.

Take anti-depressants over a period of time and you will se a difference. It worked for me!  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games