Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Show and tell 10/8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:01 am
So what are we up to this week?

I'm making covers for tthe ugly pillows in our appartment out of a cheap (but pretty) chenille yarn I found on clearance at Meijer. I also got some really pretty alpaca yarn, and some recycled silk yarn, but I don't know what to do with them yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:31 pm
Still plugging away on my Exchange Bag from Happy Hooker. I'm quite a bit farther than in the picture below, but it's fairly slow going overall.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:22 pm
knitting_needle_ninja

I'm making covers for tthe ugly pillows in our appartment out of a cheap (but pretty) chenille yarn I found on clearance at Meijer. I also got some really pretty alpaca yarn, and some recycled silk yarn, but I don't know what to do with them yet.
I also got some gorgeous alpaca yarn this weekend. I'm just wondering what to do with it. There isn't a whole lot. gonk (But boy oh boy... it's so gorgeous!)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:38 am
Peppermint Elf
knitting_needle_ninja

I also got some gorgeous alpaca yarn this weekend. I'm just wondering what to do with it. There isn't a whole lot. gonk (But boy oh boy... it's so gorgeous!)
I know...Mine is all these cool jewel tones...and it's so soft! I'm alergic to sheep wool, and this is just a thousand times better!  

knitting_needle_ninja

Molly Mollusca

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:21 pm
Make a front for the honeycomb vest. hopefully... It worries me... gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:03 pm
Not a whole lot really...unfortunately I've been way too busy and way too tired to do much after homework. Hopefully I'll finish my boyfriend's blanket this week.  

VP Club Freakin Justice

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:22 pm
well I've started another scarf (they don't call me king of scarves for nothing) and I had no idea what I wanted to make, and I have no money to go out and buy new yarn, but I still had a bunch of scraps, so I'm making one of those crazy scarves that have tons of yarns in them... I'm doing it on 15's so most of the time I'd doing 2 yarns at the same time, and just throughing so many random colors at it, I love it.
right now I'm doing the part were my neck will be, so I'm knitting it with 3 of the softest yarn's I have. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:53 pm
I am working on sewing a hooded poncho cape thing that will have bunny ears.
well right now I am procrastinating on writing a cover letter. BECAUSE IF EFFIN HATE IT! *topples over sideways in a ball of rage*
oddly enough of all the things that has happened in my life (and life has been and adventure) for some reason writing cover letters causes me the most immediate stress.
But God or whoever it is that lets me get myself in the most stupidly dangerous situations ever and come out the other end unharmed should be able to let me survive this ordeal somewhat in tact.

but my bunny hood will be the most awesome thing everonce it is finished.
I totally forgot how awesome it was to create something, since it has been so long since I last did.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:16 pm
I be me
I am working on sewing a hooded poncho cape thing that will have bunny ears.
well right now I am procrastinating on writing a cover letter. BECAUSE IF EFFIN HATE IT! *topples over sideways in a ball of rage*
oddly enough of all the things that has happened in my life (and life has been and adventure) for some reason writing cover letters causes me the most immediate stress.
But God or whoever it is that lets me get myself in the most stupidly dangerous situations ever and come out the other end unharmed should be able to let me survive this ordeal somewhat in tact.

but my bunny hood will be the most awesome thing everonce it is finished.
I totally forgot how awesome it was to create something, since it has been so long since I last did.

I love it. xd you have to love the bunny.
myself I really want to sow a cloak this winter and water proof it. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:24 pm
Still working on the sweater I started in July.....I'm not even done with the back so I gotta start workin on it more. I realy want to get it done by the end of the month, but it will probably take me till the end of November or December. I'm a big procrastinator.  

bunnehdeo

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:24 pm
I got clapotis done for my prof's christmas present, and i washed it and threw it in the dryer with a fabric softener sheet and it came out like a dream 4laugh you'd never know it was red heart ninja I also did a little hat that looks like a cake for my godsons first birthday this halloween (pics to come later) and i finished the front of a complicated sweater im doing on commission @_@ and it came out 99% perfect. Now im working on slippers for my boyfriend as a quick side project while im at work (yeah i know bout the curse but hes been racking his brain for something i can make him that hell wear, and when he complained about his feet getting cold i had him measure them, so we should be ok. hes so happy, its too cute) My orange peel sweater is on hold til I can make a Michael's run for more galaxy yarn sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.*sneaks in* no, i haven't been missing for a month, what do you mean? *shifty eyes*

lol.

i'm working on a third blanket for my boyfriend. i finished a jayne hat commission (i like this commission stuff :-p) and have started an illusion scarf. i have the skull part done (yay!).

also, i'm doing it in alpaca. first time project with alpaca. i loooooove it xd

firrantello

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces