Reply ~ Main Forum ~
News Of The World Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:53 pm
Hey everyone in my American Government and Economics class we write journals everyday and discuss certain news stories that are TOTALLY different than what you hear on the news and I'd like you fine peoples opinions a new news story will be reported everday followed by the state it was in and you have a day to opinion on it and what you believe basically its a big debate thing it should be fun I look forward to hearing your opinions.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:55 pm
Burlington VT

Ben & Jerry's ice cream has picked its new flavor from 5 finalists after getting 40,000 they selected "Puttin on a ritz"-Chocolate Covered, crushed ritz crackers filled with caramel mixed into Vanilla-Caramel Ice cream with Ritz cracker Swirls

Dante Omura

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:05 pm
yuck...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:03 pm
Beijing, China

China angrily denounced North Korea's test of a nuclear device as brazen and demanded North Korea stop an action that could threaten peace on the Korean peninsula

Dante Omura

MerrickTheDarkOne

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:16 pm
Northport NY
Middle school officials ban conventional backpacks inorder to prevent the hallways from clogging up from too many students refusing to use thier lockers. now thier only allowed thoses small cloth bags with the string shoulder straps.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:04 pm
Excuse me these are for MY storys Its why I created the posts sheesh  

Dante Omura

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:20 pm
We do something similar to that in my U.S. History class, but we try to keep it more of on a national problem, not just things happening like Ben&Jerry's having a new flavor. We just talked about gun control because of all the school shootings, one of the shootings on subject of course being what happened at that Amish school, how sad.

As for the subjects you have given, I don't really have much to say. I don't like Ben&Jerry's much in the first place, and I don't have enough knowledge on China and Korea to say anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:40 pm
Dude, I am having trouble understanding all of that. Are you saying, you will post news stories, and we are supposed to give our opinions?  

Anonigoth

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:46 pm
The Vampire Ruler
Excuse me these are for MY storys Its why I created the posts sheesh

Wouldn't it be better to encourage others to share their stories as well so everyone can have the benifit of posting and enjoying other stories set forth? neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:03 am
Darkness Is My Lifes Blood

I Guess so its just she kind of surprised me I felt like she was trying to take the place of my story and I hate playing seconds and feeling forgotten its happened a lot and thats why I started this and as for the relevance of these storys its because the news has hit a dry spot just wait some storys are better than othrs so if your going to post a news story AFTER me Please PM me saying so so I atleast expect it..

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:34 pm
Hollywood CA

Saying that movies can influence behavior and choices doctors and parents are demanding that the movies that show someone smoking be given an 'R' Rating

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:02 pm
Quote:
post a news story AFTER me Please PM me saying so so

...No?  

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:01 am
choklit_teddi
Quote:

...No?

why cant you simply PM me after posting a story ad say "Hey I posted a news story in your forum" kthx jeez not that difficult.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:38 am
The Vampire Ruler
choklit_teddi
Quote:

...No?

why cant you simply PM me after posting a story ad say "Hey I posted a news story in your forum" kthx jeez not that difficult.

That isn't really the issue. The guild is free for all memebers to post, share their opinions and thoughts, and to add information to topics. Once a thread is created it no longer completly belongs to one person. It belongs to everyone in the guild to use as they see fit. As long as things stay along the original perameters of the topic (generally, a few tangents here and there never hurt anything) then people can post and enjoy things.

Forcing people to "run it by you first" detracts from the entire posting experience. It can not only detract from the desire to post, but it can also breed resentment. People should be able to add and contribute to the guild.

Now, this entire thought line has been a tangent that is quickly disolving this topic from it's original intent into something completly different. I would suggest that the topic please kindly resume it's original function, and no more posturing ensue.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:51 pm
lurichan
The Vampire Ruler
choklit_teddi
Quote:

...No?

That isn't really the issue. The guild is free for all memebers to post, share their opinions and thoughts, and to add information to topics. Once a thread is created it no longer completly belongs to one person. It belongs to everyone in the guild to use as they see fit. As long as things stay along the original perameters of the topic (generally, a few tangents here and there never hurt anything) then people can post and enjoy things.

Forcing people to "run it by you first" detracts from the entire posting experience. It can not only detract from the desire to post, but it can also breed resentment. People should be able to add and contribute to the guild.

Now, this entire thought line has been a tangent that is quickly disolving this topic from it's original intent into something completly different. I would suggest that the topic please kindly resume it's original function, and no more posturing ensue.

I agree and replied to your PM now to Post the latest story I know of ^^  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces